Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Necoxus

[DISCONTINUED][TFC 0.79.29][0.13.0]TerraMisc - Misc, Magic, and More!

292 posts in this topic

(0.9.4) of TerraMisc has been released, lots of updates in this one check the changelog for more details. Due to some of these changes mod pack authors may have to update any sort of scripts such as MineTweaker. The major thing in this update is that you should no longer have to worry about crashing with the longbow or crossbow even if they are cheated in. :)

I can confirm that this latest update has fixed my problem - Thanks!

I simply loaded a saved backup from when I had the 'bugged' bow and loaded that - the 'bugged' bow was no longer 'bugged'/

Thanks a lot!

One issue I have is that I get the following message on startup:

There are 7 missing blocks and items in this save.
If you continue the missing blocks/items twill get removed.
A world backup will be automatically created in your saves directory.
Missing blocks/Items:
tfcm:item.ClockCasing
tfcm:item.ClockHand
tfcm:item.RepeaterCircuit
tfcm:item.PistonHead
tfcm:item.CompassCasing
tfcm:item.PistonShaft
tfcm:item.ComparatorCircuit

Looking at the OP; it seems that these are all things that you have 'tweaked'.

I haven't made any of the items named - I assume that it's safe to carry on and I won't lose anything?

Yes, you are correct, unless you have made these items and stored them somewhere you will not lose anything.

I've made these changes to better the mod some of those items were just copies of each other so I simplified them, others were named unconventionally internally so I made the naming more regular which allows for the items to be used for more than what I'm using them for, so, for example, a mod pack author could use some of my items to make their own new recipes in a way that makes more sense. (Ex. Clock Casing is now Rose Gold Casing so it could be used to make other items that are Rose Gold based and still make sense.)

Thanks for the clarification - and of course the great mod :)

Released TerraMisc (0.10.0), I got a bit bored this previous weekend ok...anyways details are in the changelog have fun! :)

Either I'm blind or there isn't changelog information about 0.10 update :P If you are anyway fixing things maybe working quiver isn't stupid idea? ^^ Thank you for you work :)

Not only is there no changelog for 0.10, there's no updated file either :D

(I think he simply forgot to update the OP - or maybe the new forum software wasn't playing.)

It was the forum software, I always post that message after I update the op...sorry for the issues.

Edit: Op updated everything should be there now.

Edited by Powerman913717

Hello Powerminer,

In order to add this to the CurseForge approved third party list we cannot have any external requirements. Is it possible for us to allow users to include this in their Curse Modpacks without posting on these forums?

Thanks,

Zeldo

4 hours ago, ZeldoKavira said:

Hello Powerminer,

In order to add this to the CurseForge approved third party list we cannot have any external requirements. Is it possible for us to allow users to include this in their Curse Modpacks without posting on these forums?

Thanks,

Zeldo

I'll  review my statement, I would prefer if you could link me to this list of requirements, and if you could use my name correctly. Thanks :)

This addon is getting better and better :D Love it <3 

14 hours ago, Powerman913717 said:

I'll  review my statement, I would prefer if you could link me to this list of requirements, and if you could use my name correctly. Thanks :)

Sorry >.< I was talking to a guy named BlobMiner at the same time.

We do not have a list of requirements, the only requirement is that the mod allow free redistribution (as we cannot check every pack everytime to make sure they are following all of the requirements for every author). Your mod is pretty close right now, the only requirement that conflicts is that you require them to post here as well. I will still put on the sheet that the author requests that you post here but it cannot be a requirement. If you would like to view our third party mod sheet you can see it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SUxIEfbAf8tqAJP-HXnT0sPOY3atCF1OKy56cHxKNdk/edit#gid=0

I apologize again for messing your name up there :(

Thanks,

Zeldo

Powerman in case you are missing it. Zeldo is asking so that pack makers using the curse launcher can use your mod in packs as a third-party mod (i.e. Mods not distributed on curse). Because you demand pack makers to post here it doesn't qualify to be used in curse launcher packs. 

Edited by Bunsan

20 minutes ago, Bunsan said:

Powerman in case you are missing it. Zeal do is asking so that pack makers using the curse launcher can use your mod in packs as a third-party mod (i.e. Mods not distributed on curse). Because you demand pack makers to post here it doesn't qualify to be used in curse launcher packs. 

I understand what is going on, I'll modify my legal section, I just like to be aware of where and how my content is being used.

3 hours ago, ZeldoKavira said:

Sorry >.< I was talking to a guy named BlobMiner at the same time.

I apologize again for messing your name up there :(

Thanks,

Zeldo

Its cool, I was just in a rather unhappy mood last night when I responded. :)

Edit: Updated legal section, will include an updated file inside the mod for the next release.

Edited by Powerman913717

1 hour ago, Powerman913717 said:

I understand what is going on, I'll modify my legal section, I just like to be aware of where and how my content is being used.

Its cool, I was just in a rather unhappy mood last night when I responded. :)

Edit: Updated legal section, will include an updated file inside the mod for the next release.

Awesome, thank you for this. Will let the users who requested it know :)

So, where are the recipes for this? Because I can't get NEI to install properly and I need them.

10 hours ago, convvertible said:

So, where are the recipes for this? Because I can't get NEI to install properly and I need them.

Unfortunately, I lost a lot of the information that was originally displayed in the op during the forum update, I would suggest you try to get nei working again, maybe through TerraFirmaPack as that automatically installs things. I am working on a guide to everything in my mod but at the moment, it is a low priority.

Edited by Powerman913717

I'll try and push a TerraFirmaPack update today to update some of the mods. 

Edited by Bunsan

Is there a special way to make the crossbow fire? Or is it the same as the longbow and it just doesn't check the quiver for arrows?

21 minutes ago, convvertible said:

Is there a special way to make the crossbow fire? Or is it the same as the longbow and it just doesn't check the quiver for arrows?

The crossbow requires bolts, you must load it first, anytime after it has been loaded you can fire it, the Longbow and Crossbow do not use the quiver currently. I'm addressing this soonish.

How do you create bolts then, I tried using NEI to look up the recipe but I couldn't find it.

9 hours ago, convvertible said:

How do you create bolts then, I tried using NEI to look up the recipe but I couldn't find it.

TerraMisc adds metal bolts and arrows for every tier of tool metal, you probably need to add the nei addon for TFC to see the metal recipes. Bolt/Arrow heads are crafted on the anvil from metal ingots, bolts are just the head and a stick, and arrows are similar except they also require feathers. You can also cast the low tier metals into heads for bolts and arrows.

I am going to include this mod in my modpack, Wurmcraft Ultimate, available on the FTB launcher with private pack code wurmcraft.

Note: starting at version 0.6

Edited by Wurmatron

On 10/16/2015 at 5:25 PM, Powerman913717 said:

Very odd I'll look into it, I suspect it could be the candles at work being that they are the only thing I've coded that has to do with time at all. Thanks for the bug report, for the time being I would suggest caution to those using the addon.

You wouldn't happen to be able to elaborate on that, would you? I'm running into a similar issue with a modpack (Terrafirmapunk), and it's inconvenient at the least and server-breaking at the worst. Having more information might give me enough info to go hunting down the problem.

8 hours ago, TheLuckyOne17 said:

You wouldn't happen to be able to elaborate on that, would you? I'm running into a similar issue with a modpack (Terrafirmapunk), and it's inconvenient at the least and server-breaking at the worst. Having more information might give me enough info to go hunting down the problem.

Look at the date on that post and the change log, I fixed that issue with my addon a while ago in version (0.6.8). I've explained what the issue was and how to fix it in the addon discussion section, this issue can occur naturally within any addon started from Bletch's template.