Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Necoxus

[DISCONTINUED][TFC 0.79.29][0.13.0]TerraMisc - Misc, Magic, and More!

292 posts in this topic

TerraMisc (0.9.2) has been released, please check the changelog for more details...just a minor bug fix no big deal. :P

1/14/16 Notice: Since TFC development has ended, this addon likely will not be receiving any more updates, unless bugs occur. This was my first modding experience and it has gone well, I've learned a lot from it and I would like to thank the TFC team for that. I may or may not come back around once TFC2 releases to create an addon again, but that depends on if I'm interested in doing such a thing, if I have the time, and if TFC2 needs a addon composed of random ideas.

Erm but what about the quivers? Do you maybe intend to repair this "quiver issue"? I like your mod very much (and longbows ^^), these additional options adds fine climate to gameplay, but I would also like to have a working quiver...

Edited by Narmo

Erm but what about the quivers? Do you maybe intend to repair this "quiver issue"? I like your mod very much (and longbows ^^), these additional options adds fine climate to gameplay, but I would also like to have a working quiver...

The quivers will not be implemented as I've ended development on TerraMisc, I've moved on to working with 1.8 and with that a new project. I honestly don't see the point to learning to create something in 1.7 when it has likely changed or is completely different in 1.8.

I've moved on to working with 1.8 and with that a new project.

oh something new to look forward to from you? anything done yet we can use?

oh something new to look forward to from you? anything done yet we can use?

It's no where near complete atm, but I am working on a somewhat magic themed mod for 1.8.9. Keep an eye on my twitter I will most likely post little screenshots or bits of information as development progresses.

Hey, Just started messing around with this mod in my test world and I really like the crossbow. I would really like to get the bolts (and the advanced arrows) to work with the quiver. I know no more work is being done by Powerman, so is there another way I can get this to work for myself? Say with minetweaker or something?

Hey, Just started messing around with this mod in my test world and I really like the crossbow. I would really like to get the bolts (and the advanced arrows) to work with the quiver. I know no more work is being done by Powerman, so is there another way I can get this to work for myself? Say with minetweaker or something?

The way I coded the crossbow and longbow just adding the arrow/bolt items to the quiver wouldn't be enough, the way that system works involves the weapon checking the quiver for the ammo. My crossbow and longbow do not check the quiver at all, this was done because it was unnecessary to check the quiver when my ammo couldn't be put in it.

I'm going to be including this is my ModPack called TFC ShadeOfDead Style.  

I'm supposed to let you know!  Thanks!

Greetings! I have crash the game with a shot from a longbow or crossbow.

Tested on pure TFC + TerraMisc.

[14:38:31] [Client thread/FATAL]: Unreported exception thrown!
java.lang.NullPointerException
at terramisc.items.tools.ItemCustomLongbow.func_77615_a(ItemCustomLongbow.java:86) ~[ItemCustomLongbow.class:?]
at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.func_77974_b(ItemStack.java:402) ~[add.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.func_71034_by(EntityPlayer.java:196) ~[yz.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.PlayerControllerMP.func_78766_c(PlayerControllerMP.java:449) ~[bje.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1918) ~[bao.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:973) ~[bao.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:898) [bao.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148) [Main.class:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launchWithMainClass(OneSixLauncher.java:310) [NewLaunch.jar:?]
at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launch(OneSixLauncher.java:395) [NewLaunch.jar:?]
at org.multimc.EntryPoint.listen(EntryPoint.java:170) [NewLaunch.jar:?]
at org.multimc.EntryPoint.main(EntryPoint.java:54) [NewLaunch.jar:?]
[14:38:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [net.minecraft.client.Minecraft:func_71377_b:349]: ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Ooh. Shiny.

Greetings! I have crash the game with a shot from a longbow or crossbow.
Tested on pure TFC + TerraMisc.

[14:38:31] [Client thread/FATAL]: Unreported exception thrown!java.lang.NullPointerException	at terramisc.items.tools.ItemCustomLongbow.func_77615_a(ItemCustomLongbow.java:86) ~[ItemCustomLongbow.class:?]	at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.func_77974_b(ItemStack.java:402) ~[add.class:?]	at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.func_71034_by(EntityPlayer.java:196) ~[yz.class:?]	at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.PlayerControllerMP.func_78766_c(PlayerControllerMP.java:449) ~[bje.class:?]	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1918) ~[bao.class:?]	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:973) ~[bao.class:?]	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:898) [bao.class:?]	at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148) [Main.class:?]	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_79]	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) ~[?:1.7.0_79]	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.7.0_79]	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) ~[?:1.7.0_79]	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_79]	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) ~[?:1.7.0_79]	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.7.0_79]	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) ~[?:1.7.0_79]	at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launchWithMainClass(OneSixLauncher.java:310) [NewLaunch.jar:?]	at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launch(OneSixLauncher.java:395) [NewLaunch.jar:?]	at org.multimc.EntryPoint.listen(EntryPoint.java:170) [NewLaunch.jar:?]	at org.multimc.EntryPoint.main(EntryPoint.java:54) [NewLaunch.jar:?][14:38:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [net.minecraft.client.Minecraft:func_71377_b:349]: ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----// Ooh. Shiny.

Please create a proper bug report using the instructions found in the op, following these instructions allows me to solve issues quicker.

Please create a proper bug report using the instructions found in the op, following these instructions allows me to solve issues quicker.

TFC Version #: 0.79.28.908
TerraMisc Version #: 0.9.2
Forge Version #: 10.13.4.1558-1.7.10
SSP/SMP (SinglePlayer/MultiPlayer): Yes/Yes
Description:
Have you deleted your config files or are using default configs and are still able to reproduce this bug? (Yes/No): Yes
Do you have any mods other than Forge, TFC, and TerraMisc installed? (Yes/No): No
If yes, which mods? 
If you have Optifine or Cauldron installed, can you still reproduce the bug after uninstalling them? (Yes/No): No
Pastebin.com link of the Crash Report:
Test in SSP:
Server Crash Report http://pastebin.com/hB4wsj0F
Client Crash Report http://pastebin.com/Mi45FNV6

TFC Version #: 0.79.28.908
TerraMisc Version #: 0.9.2
Forge Version #: 10.13.4.1558-1.7.10
SSP/SMP (SinglePlayer/MultiPlayer): Yes/Yes
Description:
Have you deleted your config files or are using default configs and are still able to reproduce this bug? (Yes/No): Yes
Do you have any mods other than Forge, TFC, and TerraMisc installed? (Yes/No): No
If yes, which mods? 
If you have Optifine or Cauldron installed, can you still reproduce the bug after uninstalling them? (Yes/No): No
Pastebin.com link of the Crash Report:
Test in SSP:
Server Crash Report http://pastebin.com/hB4wsj0F
Client Crash Report http://pastebin.com/Mi45FNV6

I went and checked the crash reports, the error is occuring when you release your key to shoot on the field that stores the type of ammo. The only way for that field to become errored is if you cheated in the longbow/crossbow or something like that.

To fix your issue either craft a new longbow/crossbow or "repair" your current item with the repair recipe using casein glue and lumber.

If this does not fix your issue then I need a better description of what you did so I can replicate the bug on my end.

I went and checked the crash reports, the error is occuring when you release your key to shoot on the field that stores the type of ammo. The only way for that field to become errored is if you cheated in the longbow/crossbow or something like that.

To fix your issue either craft a new longbow/crossbow or "repair" your current item with the repair recipe using casein glue and lumber.

If this does not fix your issue then I need a better description of what you did so I can replicate the bug on my end.

Yes, that is right. I took the bow out of creativity mode to check it out. When I am actually creating it - there is no problem with it.
Thank you for the tip. I would recommend to address this issue, since this error may easily mislead other users.

There isn't an easy way to correct this issue, I may just add a tag or something to yell at people in game to stop cheating it in. :P TFC isn't creative friendly so why would an addon for TFC be creative mode friendly?

Released (0.9.3), now everyone should know to stop cheating stuff in! :)

Check changelog for details, nothing major...some minor damage tweaking to longbow/crossbow.

Excellent work. I was curious, why TFC is focused on melee/armor tiers, when ranged weapons are almost untouched (and those round rock instead of flint?)

I just started to learn java (which is painfully for someone, who natively speak Fortran) to give a try and wrote some projectile addon,

but there is already one.

Pity, that you are no longer developing this project.

I had idea to add 'archery' or 'marksmanship' skill - you would get points, if your projectile hits target (mob, player, or special target block - thaw+marker),

these points depend on projectile range (which must be not less than 10 blocks).

Draw power and projectile velocity is randomised (slightly for javelins, more for bow), more skill give less randomisation, expert skill allow critical hit for full draw.

Not sure about crossbow - maybe different loading time depend on skill?

I'm getting a crash when trying to use a longbow when I click the right hand button to start drawing the bow - it seems that the longbow is checking for ammo.
What happened:
I had just been eaten by a bear and I crafted a new longbow and some arrows back at my base and went to hunt and kil the bear that killed me...

Note - the baw was crafted, not created.

I had been using this mod with no problems.

I have recently added the smallboats mod and minetweaker to tweak the recipes for the small boats mod.

After deinstalling the small boats and minetweaker mods I still get the crash.
Any ideas?

Spoiler

Crash report is at http://paste.atlauncher.com/view/25e416fb (I'm using the AT launcher, with Bunsen's TerraFirmaPack with a few extras.)

Other mods active:
From TerraFirmaPack:
TFC (duh :) )
CustomMainMenu
ResourceLoader
CodeChickenLib
OpenEye
ResourceLoadersFolder
CodeChickenCore
LiteLoader
Aroma1997Core
MobiusCore
Farseek
CreativeCore
NotEnoughItems
TerraFirmaCraftNEIPlugin
Waila
DamageIndicators
FastCraft
AromaBackup
InventoryTweaks
BetterFoliage
DynamicLights
JourneyMap
LeatherWaterSac
TFC-Additions
TerraMisc
Decoratins
Streams
OpenGraves

Additional Extras:
OptiFine
ShadersModCore
SmartMoving
SmartRender
PlayerAPI
MineTweaker 3
SmallBoats

The longbow has definitely worked without problems before I installed the last 2 mods...

Even after uninstalling them, however, it still doesn't work.

Update:

I got my corpse back from the bears and the longbow from my corpse works fine - just the one I crafted later still causes a crash - Hope this helps you track things down.

Super busy with school work atm, I'll look into it when I have the time. Thanks for the report! :)

Edit: Could you try testing the issue with the newest version, according to the crash report you are in 0.9.2, not 0.9.3. 

Edited by Powerman913717

you're right I'm not on the newest version - I'll see if I can't get the bow back if it's not despawned (I threw it away) and get back to you - probably not before the weekend though

For info, the on-screen animation never showed an arrow in the bow - bolstering the suspicion that it was 'looking for ammo'.

Edited by ChunkHunter

I did some testing and you may have shift clicked when you crafted the bow, that apparently also causes a crash...I'm going to see if there is a way for me fix this issue.

I almost certainly *did*  shift-click - you may very well have a point there!

Notice: I'm aware that the op is messed up, attempting to fix it...not getting along with this new forum software. -_-

Edit: Managed to get the majority of the op restored to a semi-functional condition... O_o

Edited by Powerman913717