Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Necoxus

[DISCONTINUED][TFC 0.79.29][0.13.0]TerraMisc - Misc, Magic, and More!

292 posts in this topic

On 4/28/2018 at 11:36 PM, ElJere2706 said:

Maybe something like a geologist's hammer, or something of the sort, to sample what rock types are in the middle and bottom layers. Maybe it could have a skill level attached to it, being more likely to get it right the higher the skill. Or it could be linked to the prospecting skill, since in a way they are related. One for ores/minerals, the other for rock types.

I know that I certainly would have loved to have something like that when I was looking for that elusive Gabbro, to get Garnierite.

Not a bad idea, I will need to find some way to balance it, maybe restricting it to higher tier metals or something.

On 1/5/2018 at 11:17 PM, Powerman913717 said:

Not a bad idea, I will need to find some way to balance it, maybe restricting it to higher tier metals or something.

Yes, that could be a way to do it. Maybe copper only reads the top layer (which would be rather useless, but it's only copper), bronze reads the top and middle layers and from wrought iron onwards you get readings for all three layers? It would be in line with this suggestion, which I thought was pretty good:

On 4/4/2018 at 4:18 PM, drkoaeg said:

making upgrading hoes more worthwhile by tilling soil 1x1 (stone) 3x1 (bronze) 3x3 (steel) as example

In all my years playing TFC, I've only made copper hoes, to enable the nutrient readings, but do all my soil tilling with stone hoes. Never have I made a higher tier one. Actually, since tilled soil pretty much always remains tilled, you only need to till a decently big area at the beginning of your survival world, and you're set for the rest of the time. It would make much more sense if tilled soil reverted back to dirt after harvest. This would be consistent with the fact that, IRL, fields after harvest are left with small roots, stubble and whatnot, which has to be dealt with before being able to seed come spring. I don't know if that would be something feasible within the mod, however.

I have officially decided on a plan for the next update (0.14.0), it will be a food-oriented update focusing on new meal types and brand-new ingredients altogether. I plan on getting to the other ideas that people have suggested in a future updated however I already have some plans in place for how (0.15.0) will look. If you're interested in seeing stuff ahead of release there is a public GitHub page now; it shouldn't be hard to find. Thanks!

What about compatibility with "Cooking with TFC" mod? Is it considered?

PS. where is github page for this project?

Edited by ciekma

9 hours ago, ciekma said:

What about compatibility with "Cooking with TFC" mod? Is it considered?

PS. where is github page for this project?

I will look into compatibility, "Cooking with TFC" rewrites the original food system heavily from my understanding. My plans will only be in addition to the base TFC system so, in theory, there shouldn't be interference, but I will do some testing before release.

I'll add the link to the main page as well: https://github.com/Powerman913717/terramisc

First I wanted to say that I love your mod, especially bow and other weapons part of it, it is very good addition to tfc and second I want to report an issue with soy milk as dairy replacement, which I think don't work (basically when I drink it nothing happens with my dairy nutrition level).

TFC Version #: 0.79.29.922

TerraMisc Version #: 0.13.0
Forge Version #: 10.13.4.1558-1.7.10-universal
SSP/SMP (SinglePlayer/MultiPlayer): SSP
Description: after drinking almost half of barrel of soy milk dairy nutrition level didn't change at all

Have you deleted your config files or are using default configs and are still able to reproduce this bug? (Yes/No): Yes
Do you have any mods other than Forge, TFC, and TerraMisc installed? (Yes/No): Yes
If yes, which mods? - tfc additions, ambient creatures, decorations, leatherwatersac, tfc pumpkins, tfc stuff, automated bellows, cellars, scales, tech, udary, pewter, wells, animalcrate, backpack, betterfoliage, betterstorage, bibliocraft, bibliowoods, carpenter's blocks, connected glass, cooking with tfc, custom main menu, dynamic lights, foundry, googly eyes, immersive engineering, itemphysic lite, journey map, minetweaker3, mobiuscore, nei, openeye, open grave, parachute, rope plus, ships mod, sleeping bag, sound filters, streams, nei plugin, tweaker, tweaks, waila, yalsm
If you have Optifine or Cauldron installed, can you still reproduce the bug after uninstalling them? (Yes/No): don't have any of it

On 7/18/2018 at 5:41 AM, Narmo said:

First I wanted to say that I love your mod, especially bow and other weapons part of it, it is very good addition to tfc and second I want to report an issue with soy milk as dairy replacement, which I think don't work (basically when I drink it nothing happens with my dairy nutrition level).

TFC Version #: 0.79.29.922

TerraMisc Version #: 0.13.0
Forge Version #: 10.13.4.1558-1.7.10-universal
SSP/SMP (SinglePlayer/MultiPlayer): SSP
Description: after drinking almost half of barrel of soy milk dairy nutrition level didn't change at all

Have you deleted your config files or are using default configs and are still able to reproduce this bug? (Yes/No): Yes
Do you have any mods other than Forge, TFC, and TerraMisc installed? (Yes/No): Yes
If yes, which mods? - tfc additions, ambient creatures, decorations, leatherwatersac, tfc pumpkins, tfc stuff, automated bellows, cellars, scales, tech, udary, pewter, wells, animalcrate, backpack, betterfoliage, betterstorage, bibliocraft, bibliowoods, carpenter's blocks, connected glass, cooking with tfc, custom main menu, dynamic lights, foundry, googly eyes, immersive engineering, itemphysic lite, journey map, minetweaker3, mobiuscore, nei, openeye, open grave, parachute, rope plus, ships mod, sleeping bag, sound filters, streams, nei plugin, tweaker, tweaks, waila, yalsm
If you have Optifine or Cauldron installed, can you still reproduce the bug after uninstalling them? (Yes/No): don't have any of it

Honestly, I am no longer working on this, I started on an updated but life has just gotten complicated. It is completely possible that there is an error with the soy milk, but I would first suggest removing "Cooking with TFC" and seeing if the issue persists.

I'm having a particularly strange bug, I was wondering if anyone could help. I'm trying to place the candle on a block of hickory planks in the corner of my house, in the middle of three vertical blocks (one away from the ceiling, one away from the floor), and it just won't place. It will place in other areas, even ones that are similarly elevated. Is there some sort of hidden criterion for where candles can be placed?

On 1/27/2019 at 4:13 AM, shoopdawhoop125 said:

I'm having a particularly strange bug, I was wondering if anyone could help. I'm trying to place the candle on a block of hickory planks in the corner of my house, in the middle of three vertical blocks (one away from the ceiling, one away from the floor), and it just won't place. It will place in other areas, even ones that are similarly elevated. Is there some sort of hidden criterion for where candles can be placed?

Candles should be using the same criteria as torches, they have to have a solid surface beneath them if I remember correctly. Can you provide an update or a screenshot?

I'd also like to encourage you to check out the section in the OP regarding bug reports.

Thanks

HI. I was wondering if you had added that detection option for Technodefirmacraft.  I'm trying to add TerraMisc to the latest build of TNFC 3.7 and it's not liking it.   Thanks. 

9 hours ago, WillOfStone said:

HI. I was wondering if you had added that detection option for Technodefirmacraft.  I'm trying to add TerraMisc to the latest build of TNFC 3.7 and it's not liking it.   Thanks. 

Detection option? Like to resolve conflicts with Technodefirmacraft? Nope.

Can you elaborate on what the issue is? Provide a bug report and any error logs or crash reports you have and I'll try to resolve the issue.

I'm currently working on a major overhaul of TerraMisc so it could be some time until I can resolve this issue and have a new version released.

It's the same issue as spoken about by you and Bunsan in this thread.  I'll try and get you some data next week.  Right now I'm moving server hosts after some major issues and rollbacks, so need to take care of that first.  Lost a lot of players because of a crappy host.  Anyways, thanks for the mod and I'll get back to you with that info.

5 hours ago, WillOfStone said:

It's the same issue as spoken about by you and Bunsan in this thread.  I'll try and get you some data next week.  Right now I'm moving server hosts after some major issues and rollbacks, so need to take care of that first.  Lost a lot of players because of a crappy host.  Anyways, thanks for the mod and I'll get back to you with that info.

Looking back through the forums posts I see a few issues reported regarding TechNode:

-Issues with fluid bottles (TFC Bottles don't exist in TechNode) This should be a simple fix and I will be getting around to restructuring fluids completely in my add-on anyways for an unrelated reason.

-Issues with recipes using tools to cause duplication.

Are there any other problems that you are having? (@Bunsan any other issues you can foresee based on your rewrites?)

It's the bottles.  Sorry, I should have been more specific.  I'll just wait for the update then.  Thanks. 

When it's ready, I'll add it to our server and we can relay any bugs we find to you.   We're doing that with the pack,  which is what resulted in Bunsan doing the latest update.  If you ever want to check it out we're here:

I will say that the planned update is a ways away, perhaps in terms of months, lots of changes and improvements. You can see progress via the GitHub link in the OP if interested, just keep in mind that it is all work in progress and may not reflect what actually gets released.

I greatly appreciate the offer, perhaps if I can find the time I will pop by sometime. Till then keep the bug reports and suggestions coming!

23 hours ago, WillOfStone said:

It's the bottles.  Sorry, I should have been more specific.  I'll just wait for the update then.  Thanks. 

When it's ready, I'll add it to our server and we can relay any bugs we find to you.   We're doing that with the pack,  which is what resulted in Bunsan doing the latest update.  If you ever want to check it out we're here:

Edited by Necoxus

Np. Server is budgeted through the end of the year, so not going anywhere. 

heres hoping youll stick around, then.

We need more people like you around. Now go and check out the special sections and those classic videogames.