Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Necoxus

[DISCONTINUED][TFC 0.79.29][0.13.0]TerraMisc - Misc, Magic, and More!

292 posts in this topic

I've actually been working on this in the background when I'm not doing other stuff with my addon, glad that its a feature that players would like to see. :D

Also just a heads up for other players, I'm thinking its still going to be a week or so before I get the new version of my addon released, I may scrap the new feature I've been working on due to the difficulty I'm having implementing it, or put it aside until I can figure out in more detail how it should be done to do it correctly. -_-

Edited by Powerman913717

I went ahead and scrapped the new edition aside from some minor things and of course the update to TFC [0.79.24]. I have not tested it on 0.79.23 however it should be compatible. Changelog contains more details on what I did add/change.

just started texturing this for my pack, and i was wondering what was your initial idea with the road blocks? they dont look much like a road, just a smaller brick pattern than vanilla bricks

They were intended to be used with other materials to make classier looking roads, really the name is a poor one it was more so an experiment trying to create blocks how TFC does it and that's just what I named them at the time.

P.S. The stained clay blocks...maybe at some point, but you wouldn't believe the amount of different issues I kept running into trying to handle the crafting of them. Between the forge/fire pit being a pain in the butt to add recipes to (which was my backup plan); and it being tricky to use blocks in kiln recipes/converting items into blocks using kiln recipes I just decided to scrap it for now and maybe come back to it when its easier for me to do something like this.

That's fine, at least you tried :)

How do you make a bow string? I've got 9 sinew string but I just can't figure it out

3 sinew string horizontally in a straight line should yield a bowstring.

XXX

SSS

XXX

S - String

X - Empty

Edit: I also tweaked the info in the main post on the crafting for these items so that its easier to understand in the future for those that do not use NEI.

Edited by Powerman913717

Including this mod in TerrafirmaPack mod. ATLauncher semi-public pack PackCode: Terrafirmacraft

TerraMisc (0.6.1) has been released, check the change log for more details. Special thanks to BoneHawksEye for creating the German translation.

Edited by Powerman913717

Thanks for the translations I'll get them added in for the next release. :D

TerraMisc (0.6.2) has been released, check the change log for more details. Special thanks to Mymag for creating the Chinese and Taiwan translations.

I'm attaching thumbnails that show the recipe, however I suggest that you get NEI and the TFC addon for NEI so that you can view TFC custom recipes (knapping, alloy, etc) in game.

Mb0eQ1E.png

gSTHnri.png

TFC Version #:      [1.7.10]TerraFirmaCraft-0.79.24.816.jar

TerraMisc Version #:     [1.7.10]TerraMisc-0.6.2.jar
Forge Version #:    forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-1.7.10-universal.jar
SSP/SMP (SinglePlayer/MultiPlayer): SMP

Have you deleted your config files or are using default configs and are still able to reproduce this bug? (Yes/No): YES
Do you have any mods other than Forge, TFC, and TerraMisc installed? (Yes/No): NO

When No users are connected, your mod interferes with the TFC mod's slowing time in such a way that the Calendar decrements.

See http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/8734-issue-with-calendar-time-in-modded-smp-tfc/ For details.

In order to reproduce the issue (and strip away all possible other mods from my server):

I built a server with only TFC and TerraMisc. 

I left all configs default except the port.

I logged in and verified starting calendar date of 1 June 1000, and exited.

In console, I executed /time add 2500000

I logged in and verified calendar date of 1 July 1001, and exited.

Waited 2 hours, with no users logged on.

I logged in and verified calendar date of 3 June 1001.

So apparently both you and TFC are subtracting time when the server is idle, the net effect being that time rolls backwards when the server is idle?

Very odd I'll look into it, I suspect it could be the candles at work being that they are the only thing I've coded that has to do with time at all. Thanks for the bug report, for the time being I would suggest caution to those using the addon.

TerraMisc (0.6.8) has been released, should be bug free now! :P

TerraMisc (0.7.0) has been released, check changelog for more details. :D

so how exactly can i use the metal arrows/ bolts and the crossbow? none of them seem to have recipies. :/

All of those things are WIP, everything that is completed and fully functional is on the main page with descriptions.

What is the difference between the normal bow and long bow. When I tested them out the longbow had a less of a range then the normal bow.Alot less range as in the normal bow at 30 blocks away from the target dropped 1.5 blocks. The longbow dropped at least 3 blocks at the same range. Also when i tested the damage the Longbow only did 1,183 as the normal bow did 1,692 damage. Just wondering if i am doing something wrong with it or what use it is as i would have thought that the longbow would have done more range and damage but take longer to draw back.

I'll do some testing, it is intended to draw slightly faster, and deal more damage than the normal bow. I know the draw speed is unrealistic, but the longbow is intended to be an upgraded version of the standard bow.

TerraMisc (0.7.1) has been released, check changelog for more details.

I did some testing with the bow and longbow, at five blocks away shooting at a bear the normal bow delt about 400 damage less than the longbow. (Bow: 1367 damage, Longbow: 1753) I did however do some testing with the range and noticed that they were about the same, so I tweaked some values to increase the range, however that is a very tricky thing to test and I doubt it would make much of a difference to the usage of the longbow.

Splitting tool/Splitting maul

A small platformed wood-splitter, or a splitting maul (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splitting_maul) would be a welcome addition!

The wood-splitter could be made from chiseled stone as well, but with a high likely-hood of failing to split the wood and simply break.

You put the log on top of the splitter, then whack it with a hammer till it splits

Splitting maul is a long-handled axe used to split wood blocks.

From split to halves; halves can be used in fires as fuel for half the time of thier wood type, and can be crafted with a knife to produce a single plank each.

I'll do some testing, it is intended to draw slightly faster, and deal more damage than the normal bow. I know the draw speed is unrealistic, but the longbow is intended to be an upgraded version of the standard bow.

Could you maybe add the draw-speed to a config section? Would be nice to tweak it towards realism for a personal world :D

Splitting tool/Splitting maul

A small platformed wood-splitter, or a splitting maul (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splitting_maul) would be a welcome addition!

The wood-splitter could be made from chiseled stone as well, but with a high likely-hood of failing to split the wood and simply break.

You put the log on top of the splitter, then whack it with a hammer till it splits

Splitting maul is a long-handled axe used to split wood blocks.

From split to halves; halves can be used in fires as fuel for half the time of thier wood type, and can be crafted with a knife to produce a single plank each.

I'll think about this, I want to make sure that TFC maintains its normal progression with my addon. This addon is intended to provide additional cool things to TFC that don't altar the balance of the core mod.

Could you maybe add the draw-speed to a config section? Would be nice to tweak it towards realism for a personal world :D

Sure, it should be part of the next release. :)