Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Necoxus

[DISCONTINUED][TFC 0.79.29][0.13.0]TerraMisc - Misc, Magic, and More!

292 posts in this topic

Never mind me, Powerman was faster xD.

Edited by Daniel86268

I get a crash when I try to use the long bow and have a stack of arrows in my inventory. Seems to be something related to something about item.stack function as I could tell from the crash report.

On latest version 8.3

Have other mods intalled but they dont seem to cause the problem...

Java 1.8

Scientific Linux 6 (OS)

I get a crash when I try to use the long bow and have a stack of arrows in my inventory. Seems to be something related to something about item.stack function as I could tell from the crash report.

On latest version 8.3

Have other mods intalled but they dont seem to cause the problem...

Java 1.8

Scientific Linux 6 (OS)

Have you cheated the bow in or have you crafted it normally? Because the cheated bow causes a crash, while the crafted one works just fine. (W10, java 1.8, Terramisc 0.8.3)

Have you cheated the bow in or have you crafted it normally? Because the cheated bow causes a crash, while the crafted one works just fine. (W10, java 1.8, Terramisc 0.8.3)

Yea Just figured it out too! Since the old bow kept crashing me, just went into creative and gave me a new one then that crashed me. I figured since it is customizable, that perhaps the creative one has messed up settings. So I crafted a new one. But it took forever to find 6 more deer doe!

Oh yea!! I forgot to mention, but the Longbow should be able to use arrows from the quiver!!!

Yea Just figured it out too! Since the old bow kept crashing me, just went into creative and gave me a new one then that crashed me. I figured since it is customizable, that perhaps the creative one has messed up settings. So I crafted a new one. But it took forever to find 6 more deer doe!

Oh yea!! I forgot to mention, but the Longbow should be able to use arrows from the quiver!!!

1. Fyi you can cheat in a bowstring and a bowlimb, and then just craft it together, that works ^^ (which is way faster than hunting down 6 deer).

2. Quiver support is temporarily dropped because the metal arrows added by Terramisc aren't compatible out of the box with the TFC quiver. Powerman is gonna either use some api provided by TFC or he'll add his own quivers (one for the longbow and one for the crossbow).

Thanks Daniel, for responding...I was out of town for most of this past week and couldn't respond easily to these posts. 

I included repair recipes that restore the durability and update the nbt data for both the crossbow and longbow, these recipes just require lumber and casein glue (milk and flux), so that's another option over having to either cheat in materials or having to obtain more sinew.

For now on I will not be bothering to respond to bug reports that are not formated properly, there is a format in the main post that contains the format it is very similar to the one that TFC uses for their bug reports. The bug reports I received recently are not done properly, and they don't tell me what version of TFC or forge, plus they don't contain crash reports. A crash report is extremely helpful as I can find the exact line of code that is causing the issue. One of the first things you should do when you think something isn't working correctly is look in the main post where descriptions for everything is posted and see if there is an explanation for the behavior that you are finding odd as it may be intended, for example the quiver currently not working with the longbow.

Wait, so is this compatible with .79.26 then?

The latest dropbox release still says it was updated 12 days ago...?

Just going to throw this out there but the game crashes for me when trying to draw a TFC arrow with the download for 79.25 im sorry for not having a clue on how to submit a bug report :( if someone could tell me how i shall send it as soon as i can.

Edit:

http://pastebin.com/VAfT4DEe Without Quiver used

http://pastebin.com/Vs9A1C28 With Quiver.

TFC Version:[1.7.10]terrafirmacraft-0.79.26.tnfc.81d68de

TerraMisc Version:[1.7.10]TerraMisc-0.8.3

Forge Version: ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.2.331-universal

Single player

I am using the default configs as i dont know how to do other wise, yes i have other mods i am using the TechNodeFirmacraft pack on the ATlauncher with 360days, fastcraft, INpureCore, Waila and plugins, Damage indicators, inventory tweaks, macro keybind mod, dynamic lights, connected glass and the Voxelmap as extra mods.

Edit 2: Didn't see the bug report help on the first page, edited again to better fit that.

Edited by KnightsEmbrace

The errors are coming up on the lines involving nbt data, meaning that either the item was spawned in through creative or nei, or that the item was crafted before 0.8.2. You can either craft a new longbow, or use the repair recipe which requires casein glue and lumber. It could also be an issue somewhere with the other mods but I doubt it.

Furthermore the quiver is completely unused by the longbow as the quiver doesn't support metal arrows, a new quiver will be added eventually that can handle metal arrows.

I repaired the bow still crashed on me, copper arrows still crashed for me. I guess i can't use this mod in that pack.

Can you provide the crash report for that crash?

Thanks for the crash report, it appears to be throwing the same error. Which means that its most likely a mod conflict, if you could try to replicate the issue with just TFC, and TerraMisc that would be great.

If the error doesn't crop up that means its just a conflict, honestly this addon is intended to play nicely with TFC and other TFC addons not so much with large mod packs using tweak mods to try and hold things together between TFC and generally incompatible mods.

Just wanted to post a small bit of information since I haven't done much with TerraMisc or posted much on the forums lately. I've been very busy with my school work the past few weeks and before that I had been busy with a thanksgiving trip.

Currently I'm working on modifying how mob drops work, so that it functions closer to how TFC does it. Meaning you won't always get the same number of drops, the age and weight of the animal will be taken into account to decide how much is dropped.

I'm also thinking about revisiting a few of my older additions to clean them up and make more of how I originally planned it as honestly I did some things in a way that wasn't as accurate as it could have been simply because it was easier.

I'm hoping to have a good chunk of this done by new years, as I'm officially on break from school until January as of tomorrow.

Added information about beta testing and testers in the op, please apply if you're interested! Thanks to those willing to help make this addon better.

TerraMisc (0.9.0), check the change log for details as this was a big update with a lot of changes; several items were removed so be aware of that when updating your worlds.

Released a bug fix, please redownload if you got (0.9.0). Check the changelog if you're interested in the details.

I really love everything you have done with this mod, it is truly awesome, and I would like to include it in my mod pack. My pack is titled TerraFirmaPunk and I have posted all of the details on this forum at this location http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/8021-tfc-07917-terrafirmapunk-hqm-steampunk-adventures/

Thank you very much,

OneWolfe-

I really love everything you have done with this mod, it is truly awesome, and I would like to include it in my mod pack. My pack is titled TerraFirmaPunk and I have posted all of the details on this forum at this location http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/8021-tfc-07917-terrafirmapunk-hqm-steampunk-adventures/

Thank you very much,

OneWolfe-

That's fine, feel free to add it. Thanks for the heads up! :D

Quick question - roughly what kinds of damage scaling can I expect from the longbow? You say in the opening post that with stone arrows, it is "slightly stronger" than the normal bow. And the normal bow does about 1000 damage on an unarmored, non-piercing-resistant target when fully drawn, in my experience. So how high does it scale with metal arrows? Around 1800 to 2000 for the highest tier? (I am assuming that the crossbow does the same damage, just crushing instead of piercing.)

I tried to test, but you know how crash-happy the longbow is... even with manually built bow and manually built arrows, just being in creative mode when trying to fire a metal arrow is enough for Minecraft to spontaneously combust :P And I do not currently have a survival world where I am far enough in for meaningful tests.

Edited by Omicron

You can cheat in the materials to craft the longbow, and the arrows. Then switch to survival mode, the issues show up when the longbow doesn't have its nbt data which is created on its crafting. 

I would have to pull up the actual modifier numbers to give you a full answer, and the sake of gameplay it isn't very fun to have numbers everywhere. However what I can tell is that, it will barely do more then normal bow with stone, iron arrows have a modifier of 1 meaning if you had the longbow before the revamp iron would yield those same results, anything above iron does additional damage with redsteel/bluesteel being the highest tier. If I remember correctly in my testing, at the max tier you should be able to kill a bear with it, I may just be remembering the testing I did with the crossbow, lots of testing both of those required...lol.

The intended advantage with the longbow is the draw speed, and the range it has, the arrow tiers are more of a perk.

The crossbow actually deals more damage than the longbow using the same tier, it does inflict crushing instead of piercing; the reason it deals more damage is due to its lengthy reload time.

Edited by Powerman913717

I installed this mostly just for the crossbow, but whenever I put the bow limb, bowstring, leather, and lumber in the table, nothing shows up.. ive tried all different combinations and ive looked all over this thread but i cant find a shaped recipe. When i spawned one in on a test world, the texture was missing, not even the purple/ black squares like the other guy on this thread was getting. The missing texture i can deal with though.

Can you cast the warhammer and battleaxe before you have an anvil? If so what's the recipe?

I installed this mostly just for the crossbow, but whenever I put the bow limb, bowstring, leather, and lumber in the table, nothing shows up.. ive tried all different combinations and ive looked all over this thread but i cant find a shaped recipe. When i spawned one in on a test world, the texture was missing, not even the purple/ black squares like the other guy on this thread was getting. The missing texture i can deal with though.

In order for me to help you I need version numbers, please summit a proper bug report. There are instructions for submitting a bug report in the main post.

Can you cast the warhammer and battleaxe before you have an anvil? If so what's the recipe?

Yes, you can craft a mold and pour one, you will need the expanded crafting table to craft the actual halberd, or warhammer. If you install the nei tfc addon all of my recipes will display there.