Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
sir3x

Greenhouse

7 posts in this topic

I've seen this topic pop up a few times and I've never seen it go anywhere. So I finally have decided to go ahead and start a project for this. I personally will be leading it and I have one java coder to help me. I might need another coder and I will need someone to do the graphics.

I already have the base idea down for how this will be added to the game. I plan to let player make the greenhouse out of any type of wood for the base of it. It will require a player to completely floor off the bottom of the greenhouse with the same type of wood. Also one level up for the walls with the same wood. You next will have to build the rest of the building with a new double pane glass recipe so it will be expensive to build large greenhouses. I've been debating if the corners should be something besides glass for support. As far as the mechanics of the green house goes I will be working on those and will be posting my thoughts as they become complete. I was thinking somewhere along the line of once the greenhouse is completed it will get the surrounding temperature and will of its day time start to increase temperature inside until nightfall where the building will very slowly loose heat. Of course with hotter temps during the summer it will be hotter and during the winter it will be colder therefore effecting the growth rate of the crops inside. This is an incomplete thought but I just wanted to get,it out there and welcome any suggestions.

Maybe add it where if your in a cold biome in the summer you can grow crops that grow in warm biomes in the summer but a green house can also grow crops that grow in cold biomes in the summer can grow in the winter in the green house

LOL

I'm in the middle of making a mod with a hothouse :)

I guess first nobody wants to grab an idea, then everybody does it, huh? ;)

I'll admit it was on the shortlist for something I wanted to implement. TFC already handles ambient temperature to a point, shouldn't be too terribly hard to hack together a way to localize it a bit.

Miamia I would gladly contribute what I have so far but I would like to have this be it's own mod. As I have never made a mod for tfc I would like to contribute to this game mod As it's the only minecraft that I still actually play and love to play.

I do think it would be easy to modify ambient temperature in a selected area. If all else fails I was considering adding in plant pots. Which would be a nice addition. Also a later mod that I really want to add because I'm a huge stoner would be a weed mod. Lol

Miamia I would gladly contribute what I have so far but I would like to have this be it's own mod. As I have never made a mod for tfc I would like to contribute to this game mod As it's the only minecraft that I still actually play and love to play.I do think it would be easy to modify ambient temperature in a selected area. If all else fails I was considering adding in plant pots. Which would be a nice addition. Also a later mod that I really want to add because I'm a huge stoner would be a weed mod. Lol

Make your mod. Mine is not only about the greenhouse, I will let that code sit for now and focus on other stuff.

If you need texture support, I'll see what I can make, just shoot me a pm