Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
MiracleSpoon

[Offline](79.20)(Forge 1291) TFC RP Server

52 posts in this topic

Well, since I've been looking for a TFC roleplay server to no avail, I've decided to start one. There is a whitelist, but the application is rather easy. Just be reasonable and you'll be fine. Also, you WILL need Forge 1291, I don't know why but things break if you don't, so yeah.

Right now, there isn't much. (At the time of writing this, spawn has yet to be built. Will work on that after posting this) Lore and stuff like that has yet to be decided, so if you have any ideas I'd love to hear them. I may or may not have a resource world to keep the RP world pristine, but considering how TFC works, it may not really be necessary.Everything you build doesn't have to be a work of art, but please, try not to make your patch of land an eyesore.

The IP is s16.hosthorde.com:26105, so once your application is accepted (Believe me, you'd have to try for it not to), go ahead and log on!

To keep this thread uncluttered, apply for the whitelist at erus.lefora.com (It doesn't look too great at the moment, I'll make it better when the server itself is 100% functional) or fill out the template and email it to [email protected] (I'd prefer it to be on the forum, but I understand that not everyone wants to make an account JUST to apply)

IGN:
Do you pledge to not be a dingus?:
What timezone are you in?:

Edited by MiracleSpoon

IGN: Kickersub

Do you pledge to not be a dingus?: I don't know, I guess I'll try my best :v

How often would you be on?: My schedule varies, I would have to estimate around 10~50 hours a week. More hours if I  love what we're doing with the server.

Thank you for considering my application, I hope to see you soon.

Hello, Zomgpig here, just wondering exactly what an RP server entails. Does it only apply to buildings or must I also have a character or something? Thanks.

Edited by ZomgPig

Quick update here, I've got a spawn set up, now it's just permissions to deal with. In reply to ZomgPig, the original plan was to indeed have characters. Seeing as there isn't much to base any characters off of yet, it won't really be necessary until we get some sort of foundation. One idea I had that would be more of a fantasy-based setting was that before the timeframe of the server, there was a "golden age" or some sort of magical renaissance, it goes a bit too far and things start going haywire, forcing anyone who can to evacuate to avoid the cataclysm happening in their homeland, and as a result magic is feared and avoided. That's just one idea, I'm welcome to others. It'll be pretty lenient character-wise, so it's not like you'red forced to stick with one forever or apply with one in mind. Also, I've added Kickersub to the whitelist, so feel free to log on whenever! 

EDIT: We'll also need a name for the server, so suggestions are definitely welcome!

Edited by MiracleSpoon

IGN: Die_skeleton

Do you pledge to not be a dingus: Yes I do.

How often would you be on: As much as humanly possible for a student with siblings.

P.s I won't be playing until I get a new hard drive for my computer, I will message when I have received it. :)

A new server, nice! :)

Did you use the correct library files for Forge v10.13.4.1448? That's something easy to forget which can cause a lot of problems.

Well, the particular host I use just has a "Cauldron 1.7.10" install button, which works great unless you want to use updated versions of Forge. I'll dig around and see what's up with it

IGN: Powerman913717

Do you pledge to not be a dingus?: Yes

Timezone: Eastern US

How often would you be on?: 2-3 hrs a day, I can almost promise more...however with school starting up in a about a month that is that max that I can contribute regularly.

IGN: Jacobmc123

Do you pledge to not be a dingus?: Yes

Timezone: Eastern US

How often would you be on?: He will mostly be online whenever I am just cause we usually play games together.

Double app cause my friend doesn't have an account here on the forums however he really likes role-play things, and he thinks TFC is cool so this is a way for him to get more into it.

Edited by Powerman913717

My application:

IGN: ZomgPig

Do you pledge to not be a dingus?: Dingus's can be fun to be around sometimes, but sure thing.

How often would you be on?: If I find the server entertaining, a few hours everyday.

What timezone are you in?: Central time zone

Extra: Never really done any RP stuff, but if it's not too 'hardcore' then it could be fun.

Looking forward to playing with you guys!

By the way, are you looking for players to help build the spawn then? Also, once the server is setup, are the majority of players going to live in a community(town/city)?

Edited by ZomgPig

Also forgot to ask... what timezone are you in? Important if we plan on playing at the same time hah. (You should add that to the application)

IGN: dkink14

Do you pledge to not be a dingus?: okay

How often would you be on?: 0 - 5 hrs a day

timezone: GMT + 2 (i think)

Edited by dkink14

Also forgot to ask... what timezone are you in? Important if we plan on playing at the same time hah. (You should add that to the application)

That's a good point...

I'm in EDT, and I'll add it to the application. Anyone who's already applied can just add it later, no worries.

I don't plan on it being too hardcore, I just thought TFC would be great for something like this, since it already takes a few people to really do anything ingame. I have a spawn built, but it's more or less just a spawn. If there's ever a town that could act as spawn, we could move it there, or depending on what sort of history the world has, we can rework to fit what we need.

And by not being a dingus, I meant not being a dingus all day every day. It is fun every now and then, I will give you that :P

Edited by MiracleSpoon

Quick Question will there be any addons in use? I can name a few that would make role play more interesting.

Currency and Market Stalls: Merchants Addon (This would be awesome to have for the server just cause it makes trading easier and it adds a whole new layer with currency.)

Refillable water sack: Leather Water Sack Addon (This is just a lot nicer than using clay jugs and its balanced for mid to late game.)

P.S. My addon is kinda cool, if you want to look into it: TerraMisc

So I just logged in (neat spawn, btw) however, I spawned with stone tools? (Stone axe, sword, shovel, and pickaxe) I presumed that this was not intended and I tossed them. I'd say this is nothing serious, but is it possible to remove the spawning of such items?

BTW, what time (Or what time period)  will all of us get on? If we're going to make a community of sorts, I'd rather wait for at least 3-4 people to get on at the same time as me. I suggest sometime in the afternoon, since most members are still in school.Perhaps 5/6 to 9/10 pm? (that's 4/5 to 8/9 pm for you I think).

Also, added my timezone to my app.

Edited by ZomgPig

That sounds alright, 4/5 to 8/9 works. And I haven't gotten around to getting rid of the spawn kit, I'll go ahead and do that

IGN: colbythe2nd

Will I be a dingus?: No, I will not :P

How Often will you be on: Very often, as long as we have active players, as I am a social player (love to work with other people)

Timezone: EST

Extra: I have major TFC experience, great at starting and maintaining towns, and very creative and good at making things fun in TFC. Also, I love mining <3

Cannot wait to play :D

So, the host has decided to do some unexpected maintenance, therefore the server might be down for a while..

So, the host has decided to do some unexpected maintenance, therefore the server might be down for a while..

Alright, I doubt it'll be more than 10 minutes or so. About the character though- I'd like to have someone who knows how to build, butcher, and is semi-experienced in survival, any ideas?

EDIT: Guess I was wrong about that 10 minutes... 

Edited by ZomgPig

IGN: Shosai

Do you pledge to not be a dingus?: I do so solemnly swear that I shall not act upon the ways of the dingus, and if I shall ever do so, let thy lord strike me down with thy righteous fury.
That's a yes. C: 

How often would you be on?: at least 2-4 times a day with 1h- 2h sessions

What timezone are you in?: US Central

Server is back up, and I'm going to begin building a sort of campsite to start our community town/village/whatever.

Cant wait to join dis :3

Anyways, when I am able to get on, Ill start a town, and if anyone want to, you may come along for the ride :D

Edited by colbythe2nd

As of now, everyone above this post is whitelisted!

TO ANYONE JOININGChat is a little strange right now, to talk do /ch global. I'll get it to make you join automatically, but just in case try the command

So, the 1291 issue has gotten worse. To anyone who was on just now, the server did crash. I'm gonna update Cauldron and see if that works. The forge fluid system was changed sometime after 1291, and it doesn't like it when mods try to use the new system...

UPDATE: 1448 should work just fine now, the newest version of cauldron went in smooth. The map is trashed though, it was corrupted because of the fluid issue...

Edited by MiracleSpoon

So when I try to talk in chat, it says, "You need to join this channel first" what does that mean and how do I join?

IGN: Davros13Do you pledge to not be a dingus?: I solemnly swear that I am not up to no goodAge: 15How often would you be on?: I can probably be on for about 3-5 hours a day but it changes if i am doing something important that day but i will most likely be on later in the dayWhat timezone are you in?: Western Mountain TimeLets do dis!!!!!