Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ahmed4455666

Sleepy animals

6 posts in this topic

sleeping in minecraft was a feature added in 1.3 early with the redstone repeaters. however, animals and monster do live all days and nights long whitout sleeping. so why not making animals able to sleep too?

cows:

cows are animals that like to take a nap in the afternoon under trees. so why not making them actually do! well, that is what i'm about to explain. the cow would sleep with the legs stretched foward. the head facing the ground.
criterias: 

-need to be atleast near a tree from 1 block from the last leaf.
-time need to be set at afternoon (im not sure the time it is in minecraft)
-if not under leaf pile, it needs to be in a little cave near the exit (the cave must be 3x5x4 at least for it to work)
-(in a cave) the cow will sleep at afternoon.
-the cow will only have 25% of sleeping with all the criterias shown up
-cow WILL sleep when it's night time

-cows can sleep if they are fenced in

chickens:
i've never seen a chicken sleep but i guess it sleep like it's laying an egg. so why not putting it in a sit way with the legs on the front with the head down.

-chickens can construct thier own nest in the wild
-chickens will sleep on the nest box

-chickens will sleep if placed under trees even if it'S one block away from the ground.
-time needs to be at least noon
-chickens will lay an egg when they wake up
-a possible effect of sleeping on chickens is feather falling from the body. (10% it happens during one nap)
-chickens WILL NOT sleep in a cave. (because it's scary)
-chickens WILL sleep when it's night time

sheeps:

-sheeps will sleep just like the cow does.
-sheeps will sleep if placed under a tree
-when sleeping, a sheep WILL regrow it's wool
-sheeps WILL sleep during night time
-sheeps will sleep when placed under a tree
-sheeps will sleep if placed in a field during afternoon
-sheeps have 5% chances of droppig whool on the floor during sleep time.
-if all criterias are met, the sheep has 25% of sleeping

pigs:

pigs are little lazy and likes to take naps during the morning when it's still cold on the ground. they are not really usefull but for the same thing as every animals will specially have during sleep time (ooh, have i said that too early? naah, you'll see later). they sleep the same way as cow, sheep and mooshrooms.
-pigs will sleep if placed under trees
-pigs will sleep if placed in cave (3x5x4)
-pigs will start running if woke up by
-pigs will sleep when raining
-pigs WILL sleep at night
-pigs will sleep during morning
-if all criterias are met, the pig will sleep at 45% of the time

ocelot:

what is cuter then kitties? your right! sleeping kitties <3. they sleep like all other does.
-ocelot will sleep if near a bush (jungle minitrees) 
-ocelots WILL to sleep on a player's bed
-ocelots will sleep near water ponds 1 block away
-ocelots will sometimes sleep on player's stuffs: chest, workbench, furnaces (dont let them do that!!!) and bed.
-ocelots will sleep if placed in plain during afternoon.
-ocelots will sleep after a good meal
-ocelot WILL RARELY sleep during night (they are nocturnal animals)

wolves:
"you little puppets is sleepy uh?" dogs likes to sleep with their master and they will be more healthy after a good nap on the wool floor
-wolves will sleep if placed near fireplace
-wolves will sleep if their masters sleeps too
-wolves will sleep if placed on wool
-wolves will sleep after a good meal
-wolves will sometimes have nightmares and will wake you up during the night by howling (annoying Posted Image )
-wolves will sleep on player's bed
-wild wolves WILL RARELY sleeps during night time (they are nocturnal animals)
-wolves WILL sleep if forced to crouch (2 click on him)

well if tfc staff wont make this into the mod anyone fell free to make an addons to tfc

also all animals can't be interacted by anything [feed dog or milk the cows or shear the sheeps] while they are sleeping and you can wake them up with 1 punch

and i they waken up in night they will take about 60 sec before they go back to sleeping

Edited by ahmed4455666

Cool idea! Though, due to the enormous amount of content for something so simple.... I doubt it's going to be implemented. :L

Adorbs. Also, if animals become more useful at some point for things like hauling and guard duty, i could see this being important for more nuanced gameplay.

zomgpig says: 

Cool idea! Though, due to the enormous amount of content for something so simple.... I doubt it's going to be implemented. :L                                                                                 

not everything needed+

implement the sleeping mechanic for animals and fixing player sleeping will be more than good

Edited by ahmed4455666

I hate to be nit-picky, but the plural for sheep is sheep, not sheeps.

Otherwise, a cool idea, but the amount of time for coding of these things would make this a low-priority addition to the game.  They're going to be working on a lot bigger things like fixing worldgen and other various things.

Interesteing idea, but it doesn't realy add anything to gameplay imho

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0