Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darmo

79.20 take a little trip to an ideal area

4 posts in this topic

Seed -1170649068548596996

post-18344-0-62111500-1437624327_thumb.j

I've been playing this seed for awhile.  My first long-term one.  The starting location is a dry zone, no clay.  When I first started though, I didn't know that.  So I struck out in search of clay.  Over 3000 blocks south later, I found what I think is just about an ideal area.  If you're willing to make a 3000 block trek with no water jug, then this might be for you. 

You'll start in a marble top layer zone so good opportunity to gather flux rocks.  z-12000, rolling hills.  Horses and cows are pretty abundant.  Kill all you want in the marble zone, you won't be back.  pick up surface minerals along the way and you'll have plenty for your first few tools by the time you arrive.  Depending on your route, you might pass an exposed surface vein of graphite (gotta love marble top layer).  The top layer changes to Andesite at about z-10k, I think, after you swim a small ocean.

Your target is about x980, z-8600 - an Andesite top layer.  The surface copper at that spot is a rich vein, which makes for a nice start.  There is nearby rock salt, nearby cassiterite, so much bismuth you'll stop marking it on the map.  Also a fairly near and close to the surface borax mine.  Sphalerite was hard to find, but around.  There's plenty of cassiterite for tools though, I only wanted the bismuth-bronze for bloomery sheets, to use less copper.   There's actually literally EVERY mineral within 1000 blocks of this spot, except lapis, cryolite, and malachite (so far).  No sulfur either, though there was lots of surface lava with sulfur in the marble biome you start in.   Graphite and nickel are among the minerals within 1000 blocks, and there's a second deposit of nickel a bit further out.  The graphite is quite huge and all you'll ever need.  All are evident or propickable from the surface, aside from the graphite, which I stumbled upon while trying to find a silver vein. 

Graphite coords

x1887, y74, z-8976

So, it's not a great *starting* area in this seed, but I think those coords are just about ideal, when I compare it to some of the other seeds seen in creative mode, which were quite often rather barren of minerals.

Minerals aside, those coords will put you right by three large freshwater ponds, a gigantic clay embankment, and a nice hill to build your house upon. Lots of fruit trees in the area.  It's a plains biome, with Willow as either two or all 3 of the native saplings.  So you'll have no trouble with charcoal wood.  Maple is indigenous as well, and Chestnut and Aspen are in adjacent biomes.  You can grow crops from about Late March through December.  You might see a little ice try to form a few times, rarely some snow.  Cold hardy crops can sometimes survive the winter.

Animals can vary per player, but for me cattle and horses were abundant around those target coords.  I had a herd of 6 female cows before one year was up, along with I think 5 males, so easy meat and milk there.  The horses seem to be endless.  You wouldn't really need to breed either for a long time I think.  There's pigs and donkeys around as well, but I have yet to find sheep, the one major thing that it seems to be missing.  But since I settled I haven't roamed more than 1000 blocks or so from my base, so they could be around.

I wasn't sure about posting this seed due to the trip, but it seems like I see so many complaints about having hard time finding some minerals, I thought I'd toss it out there.  I think it's worth the early game trek. 

Edited by Darmo

That's actually a great map you are describing here! I LOVE a bit of a trek at the beginning, so when I finally arrive someplace I want to settle, I already have minerals for at least 4 tools, some seeds, fruit tree saplings and/or fruit bushes, some food reserves too. But I like to settle somewhere I don't need to venture too far out from later on.

I'm very tempted to give it a try. And I'm so advanced in my current map already. Oh, choices, choices ;) The last time I managed to "finish" (as in get steel) a map was in 0.79.15...

I think I might do it anyway. Thanks for this post!

Nice seed! Have been playing on it for a while now, and all I'm lacking are chickens. I've found open Lapis Lazuli at these coordinates, if you're still looking:

62 | -11894

And Malachite at

62 | -11511

If you're looking to do a spoiler cut, press the "Special BBCode" button and select it. Or just do this manually:

[spoiler]thing you want to hide[/spoiler]

If you're looking to do a spoiler cut, press the "Special BBCode" button and select it. Or just do this manually:

[spoiler]thing you want to hide[/spoiler]

Thanks Lianinna!  I wasn't actually wanting to find those other minerals, they're either useless or duplicative in terms of ore type.  I was just listing them for completeness, to describe just how many ores types there are around that spot.  I'll spoiler in some graphite coords in the op.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0