Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Engreyight

[Solved]Crash and lag when going far away from my actual chunk

6 posts in this topic

Have you read, understood, and followed all of the rules listed in large text at the top of the support forum? (Yes/No): Yes

TFC Version #: 0.79.20.710

Forge Version #: 10.13.4.1448

SSP/SMP (SinglePlayer/MultiPlayer): Single

Description: When travelling to chunks that haven't been loaded for a long time, or are newly created causes extreme lag before freezing and crashing. Tried installing Optifine and using the "-Xmn1G -Xms1G -Xmx2G -XX:NewSize=512M -XX:SurvivorRatio=2 -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -d64 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+AggressiveOpts" JVM arguments to cure this, unsuccessfully. I know there are threads about this, but still couldn't find a solution after reading them. If you want me to allocate more memory, I have to say I can't. 2GB is half of my memory and my fans go insane every time.

Have you deleted your config files or are using default configs and are still able to reproduce this bug? (Yes/No): No, BUT this occurred before editing the configs, too. And I edited only the cave-ins rarity and disabled ore destroying.

Do you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed? (Yes/No): Yes
If yes, which mods?

• PlayerAPI
  • Smart Moving
  • Smart Render (needed for Smart Moving)
  • CodeChickenCore
  • NEI
  • Fastcraft
  • Terrafirmacraft NEI plugin
  • Optifine
  • Voxelmap (Zan's minimap)
  • Liteloader (needed for Voxelmap)

If you have Optifine or Cauldron installed, can you still reproduce the bug after uninstalling them? (Yes/No): Yes. (Basically, before installing it.)

Pastebin.com link of the Crash Report: About the crash reports:

I checked all of the crash reports. There are 5 types of crashes (I know nothing about Java, don't blame me if this was stupid):

• Unexpected error: Already tesselating
  • Unexpected error: No OpenGL context found in the current thread
  • Exception in world tick: GC overhead limit exceeded
  • Exception in server tick loop: Java heap space
  • Absolutely nothing (literally, empty crash reports) 

Plus sometimes, Windows does forced shutdown for Java. (I go insane with clicking, a message pops up and it closes* Java before crashing.)
*: By that time the screen's turned white.

So here's an example for each report:

And here you can find all of them (except for the empty ones. dropbox didn't let me upload them): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/alpvqe01g1vi1fr/AAAcQ-N7L_CDuoqRs532NIvVa?dl=0

I can send you the mods folder, the world save, the configs or the .jar from the versions folder if you need them. The seed is -880908599, the crash will most likely occur if you go south. (I decided to cross z=0 (btw, you should make an achievement for that). Most of the crashes occurred during the journey.)

Edited by Engreyight

So the already tesselating is almost always because of optifine. The OpenGL crash is either also an optifine issue, or your graphics card drivers are out of date. The other ones unfortunately can only be resolved by giving TFC more memory. The mod is resource intensive, and there's not much more we can do about it. It's likely that with only 2GB of memory, it just can't keep up with all of the different world generation happening when you travel south.

Actually, looking through your crash reports for memory, both of them have -Xmx512m, so you aren't even allocating 1GB of memory, the minimum required to run smoothly.

Yes you have -Xmx2G at the start, but you didn't get rid of -Xmx512m at the end, and java uses the last argument, so it's completely ignoring the 2G one.

If you are using a launcher that has RAM allocation as an option, don't include the -Xmx and -Xms and increase the RAM allocation through that option.

So the already tesselating is almost always because of optifine. The OpenGL crash is either also an optifine issue, or your graphics card drivers are out of date. The other ones unfortunately can only be resolved by giving TFC more memory. The mod is resource intensive, and there's not much more we can do about it. It's likely that with only 2GB of memory, it just can't keep up with all of the different world generation happening when you travel south.

Thanks for the info.

Actually, looking through your crash reports for memory, both of them have -Xmx512m, so you aren't even allocating 1GB of memory, the minimum required to run smoothly.

Yes you have -Xmx2G at the start, but you didn't get rid of -Xmx512m at the end, and java uses the last argument, so it's completely ignoring the 2G one.

Sorry, my bad, but...

If you are using a launcher that has RAM allocation as an option, don't include the -Xmx and -Xms and increase the RAM allocation through that option.

...I made a little change. The minimum is now 1GB, but how can I set the maximum to 2Gb? Should I set the minimum to 2GB? I'm using Magic Launcher, these are the Advanced options: http://i.imgur.com/2Y9EHs5.png

Also, I made a debug crash with the new option. You can clearly see that the -Xms is now okay: http://pastebin.com/jn1ge9Tn

(Debug crash: Hold F3 + C for 10 seconds. After your release, the game should crash.)

I'll remove optifine, try the new setting and post the results.

Edited by Engreyight

Well, I made it to the southern hemisphere (~2200 blocks) and it didn't crash. It was lagging but it didn't crash. I raised the memory to 2048MB and it lags a lot less. Plus I finally saw 90 FPS, so I learned I need to be careful with the luncher and the JVM flags. Thank you for your help and I consider this issue [solved].