Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
TaeoG

Taeo's WIP addons - TerraThaumcraft, TTFCAPI, TTFCMat

722 posts in this topic

lol, kitty is always on it. Ya, deserts definitely still spawn, but they can be hard to find as well. Mountains, plains, forests and jungles are easy, but Full out rainforest style jungles, deserts, and swamps seem much more rare. But it all depends on the seed

Why don't you just make it so that gemstones are crafted into shards somehow? I had some ideas for such an addon not too long ago, and my plan was to use a low-cost arcane crafting recipe to convert gemstones into a specific type of shard, with the gemstone-shard type association list being as follows:

Agate: Ignis
Amethyst: Perditio
Beryl: Perditio
Emerald: Terra
Garnet: Aer
Jade: Terra
Jasper: Aqua
Opal: Ordo
Ruby: Ignis
Sapphire: Aqua
Topaz: Aer
Tourmaline: Ordo

Diamonds would be able to be crafted into any shard type, and crafting a shard with flux would make it a bit more expensive vis-wise, but would craft the elemental opposite of the gemstone's shard type. (Aqua <=> Ignis, Terra <=> Aer, Ordo <=> Perditio)

I suppose, to make finding a node for this easier, you could change the recipe to use one of any gemstone instead of a shard.

Also, since Jet already spawns in the world and has no use, why not use that instead of nether quartz so you don't have to futz around with spawning something new yourself? Also, I'm not sure if you already got the thaumcraft trees working, but if you haven't yet you could save yourself some developer time by using TFC materials instead, such as changing the Greatwood Wand to be a Jet Wand, using lead plates instead of greatwood planks, using jet instead of silverwood for flux filters, etc.

I also had a lot of ideas for making Thaumcraft fit better into TFC here: http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/8075-praecantatio-thaumcraft-integration-mod/ 
though you said you're not willing to add things neither mod has, so I'm not sure if you'd be willing to implement them.
Edited by abculatter_2

The main reason I have been ignoring the gems is that there is no reliable way to find them, they just randomly drop from random stone. The colorful animated glowing cracks in the infused stone is very neat and I wouldn't want to be without it. A large part of the charm of Thaumcraft is its polished textures and consistent style, I'd like to use as much of it as is possible.

Adding normal ores isn't too big a deal. A texture, a couple lines of code and you're good to go. So adding Quartz won't be too hard. This is because the ore generation system in TerraFirmaCraft is based almost entirely off of the stone types in the area, which can work just fine with quartz. My magical ores, however, spawn based on environmental factors like temperature, volcanic activity, forests, etc so its taking longer to iron out.

I'll admit I've looked over your praecantatio post before, and if you are giving me your permission I may adapt some ideas from it. 

I do agree that gems shouldnt be used normally like shards, but they should be used for more powerful things.

So, a couple questions related to ores.
1. Will there be a separate propick for finding shards? If they are as common as they seem in the screenshot, it would be a bit obnoxious to try and use the propick if it is always detecting them.
2. Will shards spawn above ground as debris? Could they spawn as debris only in the climates that are most conducive to the spawning of that type of shard?
3. The Pickaxe of the Core. Should it keep the right-click function that makes ore glow through blocks? It wouldn't render the propick useless, as you would need to use the propick to figure out what type of ore was present, but it would kind of mess with the TFC mining system (Not that it doesn't mess with the vanilla mining system). Maybe it could be a config option?

And another question on a whole 'nother line of questioning, what are your plans for implementing Taint? Because honestly, Thaumcraft just wouldn't feel right without Taintacles.

Anyway, I am really glad to see that you are still working on this, and I hope you manage to get it all working.

So, a couple questions related to ores.

1. Will there be a separate propick for finding shards? If they are as common as they seem in the screenshot, it would be a bit obnoxious to try and use the propick if it is always detecting them.

2. Will shards spawn above ground as debris? Could they spawn as debris only in the climates that are most conducive to the spawning of that type of shard?

3. The Pickaxe of the Core. Should it keep the right-click function that makes ore glow through blocks? It wouldn't render the propick useless, as you would need to use the propick to figure out what type of ore was present, but it would kind of mess with the TFC mining system (Not that it doesn't mess with the vanilla mining system). Maybe it could be a config option?

And another question on a whole 'nother line of questioning, what are your plans for implementing Taint? Because honestly, Thaumcraft just wouldn't feel right without Taintacles.

Anyway, I am really glad to see that you are still working on this, and I hope you manage to get it all working.

1. My plan was to make the propick work for shards, although I have been considering making that a thaumium propick only thing. That being said, the shards wont be THAT common, I cranked it up in order to make finding nodes for testing easier.
  2. Initially I hadn't planned on debris but I've changed my mind on it. Would you rather it show large veins, small veins or both?
  3. The pickaxe of the Core will keep doing what it's always done. However, I plan on having it made partially of colored steel, so by that point you already have mines of almost all the metals and it won't be such a game breaker anymore

The taint is an interesting one. YES, I plan on having magical forests and tainted areas, wouldn't be right without them. The trick is making the taint actually change the color of TFC blocks, which it currently doesn't. It's on my list, but I haven't tried to implement anything for it yet.

1. My plan was to make the propick work for shards, although I have been considering making that a thaumium propick only thing. That being said, the shards wont be THAT common, I cranked it up in order to make finding nodes for testing easier.
  2. Initially I hadn't planned on debris but I've changed my mind on it. Would you rather it show large veins, small veins or both?
  3. The pickaxe of the Core will keep doing what it's always done. However, I plan on having it made partially of colored steel, so by that point you already have mines of almost all the metals and it won't be such a game breaker anymore

The taint is an interesting one. YES, I plan on having magical forests and tainted areas, wouldn't be right without them. The trick is making the taint actually change the color of TFC blocks, which it currently doesn't. It's on my list, but I haven't tried to implement anything for it yet.

On the debris, I would say that would make more logical sense if it only spawned around large veins, and it would make learning the biomes for each shard type more intuitive.

Is there plans of any sort for this to be ported/rewritten for tfc 2?

As TFC2 is being rewritten for 1.8, many other mods are also undergoing the same thing, including Thaumcraft. Thaumcraft 5 is actually out as an early build right now.

So, I would imagine that it would probably be easier to do the same thing here for TFC2 and TC5.

I'll admit I've looked over your praecantatio post before, and if you are giving me your permission I may adapt some ideas from it. 

Please do, I think it's safe to say that I'm never actually going to make it at this point.

That would have to be a complete rewrite as I'd have to port Thaumcraft 5 instead of 4. Its pretty unlikely, I'll be honest.

Well Azanor has given me permission to release this crossover, which is great. Not going to get into it, but if he wasn't ok with my releasing altered versions of some of his classes, it would be quite a bit more work for me. Currently I'm scrambling to pack and move across the planet and find some work, but when I'm settled back in I should have a beta version of the crossover ready in the new year.

Well Azanor has given me permission to release this crossover, which is great. Not going to get into it, but if he wasn't ok with my releasing altered versions of some of his classes, it would be quite a bit more work for me. Currently I'm scrambling to pack and move across the planet and find some work, but when I'm settled back in I should have a beta version of the crossover ready in the new year.

I look forward to testing ThaumCraft in TFC. Good luck with your move!

I played TC a bit and I was intrigued. I am interested to see how this will play out in a tfc environment. On the note of the small shard ore, just limit it like the norm and large versions. Most tfc'ers already expect they will have to travel great distances for collecting everything, so doing the same for thaumcraft ores would just feel natural. That's my opinion anyways.

Slightly offtopic from this thread, but it relates to thaumcraft. Thaumcraft 5(1.8) is now in beta and is rumored to be released endish of october according the FTB wiki, and here is a let's play of it. This video literally just got posted. :D

As Powerman pointed out, Thaumcraft 5 is out now. Perhaps You could update the crossover for Thaumcraft 5, and TFC2 when that's released?

As Powerman pointed out, Thaumcraft 5 is out now. Perhaps You could update the crossover for Thaumcraft 5, and TFC2 when that's released?

That would have to be a complete rewrite as I'd have to port Thaumcraft 5 instead of 4. Its pretty unlikely, I'll be honest.

I can't wait to see this happen. I'll be keeping an eye on this, hope you finish your move soon!

Hi guys! I have had a few messages and such looking into my progress, sorry I've been radio silent the past few months. I have moved back to Canada, and am settling in. 

I shipped my development computer by sea, since by air it would have been thousands of dollars I don't have, haha.

I went to pick it up yesterday, hoping to get right back into it, but unfortunately this is what was in the box I so neatly and carefully packed...

3XVspBT.jpg

Luckily I'm smart and have backups of everything, but it will be a little bit before I have a working machine again. Thank you to all who have been so patient with their interest, and sorry for the delay.

Well, they claim my insurance on the shipment was for "loss" and not damage. I'm pretty sure I can fight that, and if I have to take them to small claims court I will. Maybe you'll see me on Judge Judy!

Seriously though, Its gonna be a bit of a fight to get them to do the right thing, I can tell.

I cannot express how much I love this idea! Thaumcraft and TFC are two of my favourite mods and it'd be awesome to combine the two!

From what I've seen so far it seems very well balanced, and the thaumic anvil is a very nice touch! :D

Many thanks for all your hard work on this! It's going to be a lot of fun to try out :)

Also - I'm really sorry to hear about your computer :( I hope the rest of the move went okay and you're a bit more settled now

Been a while since I've been here. Any new progress? Hopefully you got your computer fixed. 

I read this and am overhyped for this to be released. I'm a huge fan of both mods, and would love to see them together.

Please add some achievement similar to "Time to mine" (finally) for the iron capped wooden wand. It'd be hilarious.

I read this and am overhyped for this to be released. I'm a huge fan of both mods, and would love to see them together.

Please add some achievement similar to "Time to mine" (finally) for the iron capped wooden wand. It'd be hilarious.

Maybe "Time to cast! (No not that way)"