Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
TaeoG

Taeo's WIP addons - TerraThaumcraft, TTFCAPI, TTFCMat

722 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, TaeoG said:

It works?! I'll admit I'm a little surprised. Good news though, lol. Do me a favour and take a lava seed (it doesn't have a texture yet) and chuck it into some lava. I'd like to know if it works on a server. I'd advise doing it in creative mode :)

I could not find any surface lava to test but I went and placed some with the Blue Steel Bucket.

At the moment I dont have a texture for the TTC Lava Seed, but when I tossed it into the pool I created it spawned a bunch of monsters :P

Ive now got 1 large Magma Cube, 2 small ones and 5 blaze.

Is this what you were expecting?

yes, good. In the future that spawning process will be cosmetically different, but this will do for now. Welcome to the new mechanic to acquire blaze rods and magma creams. Still in the brainstorming phase for wither skeleton parts, ghast tears and the netherstar however.

Just now, TaeoG said:

yes, good. In the future that spawning process will be cosmetically different, but this will do for now. Welcome to the new mechanic to acquire blaze rods and magma creams. Still in the brainstorming phase for wither skeleton parts, ghast tears and the netherstar however.

Interesting,

My pack has Ruins and Dungeons that spawn Blaze and other nether mobs. They are rare but not impossible to find.

I think I might also add a recipe to craft blaze powder in a barrel too.

Just now, OneWolfe said:

Interesting,

My pack has Ruins and Dungeons that spawn Blaze and other nether mobs. They are rare but not impossible to find.

I bet they die in one hit from a TFC sword though, haha. These mobs that spawn in my crossover are much more intimidating.

1 hour ago, TaeoG said:

I bet they die in one hit from a TFC sword though, haha. These mobs that spawn in my crossover are much more intimidating.

The blaze had roughly 8k health ;)

5 minutes ago, OneWolfe said:

The blaze had roughly 8k health ;)

ah, so you have other code in there altering their stats, or that ruins mod makes them Boss level.

ah well.

Got ghast tears sorted out, they're gonna be just as annoying to get now as ever.

Last is the nether star and wither skeleton parts.

I don't see a huge issue with the wither skeleton parts, just make them drop from normal black skeletons. Most players tend to avoid them like the plague until they get metal gear anyways.

For the nether star, that's an interesting point. Perhaps make it somewhere in the outer lands?

Speaking of wither skeletons, wasn't wither a debuff on its own, or was it always just bleeding?

Just now, TaeoG said:

Speaking of wither skeletons, wasn't wither a debuff on its own, or was it always just bleeding?

It's a separate poison that can kill the player.

ya, thats what I thought. TFC has replaced it with bleeding for some reason.

EDIT looks like it was added as a possible side effect of alcohol abuse... but it was added in such a way that it replaced wither altogether.  I should be able to fix this, but it'll take more work than I feel like doing tonight. Tomorrow maybe.

Edited by TaeoG

4 hours ago, TaeoG said:

ah, so you have other code in there altering their stats, or that ruins mod makes them Boss level.

ah well.

Got ghast tears sorted out, they're gonna be just as annoying to get now as ever.

Last is the nether star and wither skeleton parts.

Yeah, its a mod called Mob Properties that lets me alter them in some pretty interesting ways ;)

Take a test drive of my pack or check out some of the YouTube videos and you will see what I mean :D 

6 hours ago, OneWolfe said:

Yeah, its a mod called Mob Properties that lets me alter them in some pretty interesting ways ;)

Take a test drive of my pack or check out some of the YouTube videos and you will see what I mean :D 

ah yes, I remember mob properties. Powerful little tool. Combined with minetweaker you can make some pretty big changes to how your server runs. I'm glad he modding community saw the need for end users to be able to make adjustments without having to write their own mods.

speaking of running a server,, I always used Cauldron up until the drama that killed Bukkit, and looks like Sponge gave up on having a 1.7.10 version... so do you use a forge compatible third party server or just vanilla?

6 hours ago, TaeoG said:

ah yes, I remember mob properties. Powerful little tool. Combined with minetweaker you can make some pretty big changes to how your server runs. I'm glad he modding community saw the need for end users to be able to make adjustments without having to write their own mods.

speaking of running a server,, I always used Cauldron up until the drama that killed Bukkit, and looks like Sponge gave up on having a 1.7.10 version... so do you use a forge compatible third party server or just vanilla?

I have heard a variety of different server setups that can run the pack but most seem to be the basic Multicraft Forge option.

14 minutes ago, OneWolfe said:

I have heard a variety of different server setups that can run the pack but most seem to be the basic Multicraft Forge option.

Thats a shame, having both forge mods and bukkit plugins, and some considerable performance increases, made Cauldron pretty awesome. The vanilla server software is garbage.

Edited by TaeoG

working on balancing the potions. However, the Harm potions, which at level 1 should do about 300 damage if balanced properly, is capped at 25 by TFC for some reason. Its a good thing I noticed this, because this hard cap will likely get in the way of thaumcraft items too.

8 minutes ago, TaeoG said:

working on balancing the potions. However, the Harm potions, which at level 1 should do about 300 damage if balanced properly, is capped at 25 by TFC for some reason. Its a good thing I noticed this, because this hard cap will likely get in the way of thaumcraft items too.

It sounds like some of the features your adding may conflict some of the features in my pack. Can you make them optional, or at least configurable?

EDIT: I already have a mod that alters damage values for potions and vanilla weapons with a configurable multiplier.

Edited by OneWolfe

2 minutes ago, OneWolfe said:

It sounds like some of the features your adding may conflict some of the features in my pack. Can you make them optional, or at least configurable?

You'll have to be more specific. Some of the thaumcraft recipes require potions, and the nether items I've made available are used to make potions, so I'm making sure that potions are craftable and actually work with a TFC player's inflated HP.

Regeneration, Poison, Harming, Healing and Wither are all having their values boosted, as is Weakness since its effect is a flat amount of damage instead of a percentage.

1 minute ago, TaeoG said:

You'll have to be more specific. Some of the thaumcraft recipes require potions, and the nether items I've made available are used to make potions, so I'm making sure that potions are craftable and actually work with a TFC player's inflated HP.

Regeneration, Poison, Harming, Healing and Wither are all having their values boosted, as is Weakness since its effect is a flat amount of damage instead of a percentage.

Yes, all of those will be effected. I would like the option to be able to choose to use your multipliers or not. I really dont know what would happen if both multipliers were in effect :o OMG Potions doing 3000+ damage! LOL 

Does one of your mods already break the DamageSource.magic cap that TFC has in place?

16 minutes ago, TaeoG said:

Does one of your mods already break the DamageSource.magic cap that TFC has in place?

I am not sure. I will have to find a link to the GitHub.

I just thought it would be a good idea to ask for a config file to be able to adjust certain features instead of just hard codding them ...

EDIT: Ok here is the link to GitHub for the code I am using to make major adjustments and tweaks specific to my pack. TFPTweaks

Edited by OneWolfe

ok, looks like it takes the damage caused by magic effects and multiplies it by a certain amount AFTER TerraFirmaCraft gets its hands on it. So yes, with both mods installed a Harm I potion would hit for 15000. lol.

I'll add a config file in the future to help with this stuff.

1 minute ago, TaeoG said:

ok, looks like it takes the damage caused by magic effects and multiplies it by a certain amount AFTER TerraFirmaCraft gets its hands on it. So yes, with both mods installed a Harm I potion would hit for 15000. lol.

That would be kind of cool for Harm III or something :D mwahahahaha

But for my needs a simple on/off switch would be more than enough :D

Thank you

6 hours ago, TaeoG said:

This line:

(event.source == DamageSource.magic || event.source == DamageSource.wither) && event.ammount < 20 

means only process magic damage if it is less than 10 hearts, which is currently less than default TFC so it does not do anything anymore other than the wither damage. 

It is currently only used as a catch all for vanilla magic damage that has not been processed yet by TFC and this code was implemented before TFC made the fix for magic damage. You can multiply the value magic damage however you want and this bit of code should not ever be an issue unless you somehow dip back into vanilla range. It would never do 15000 damage unless the multiplier is set in the config to 750, which it is currently defaulted to 25.

I was assuming that since the TFC player has 50x the hitpoints, that the code would multiply the magic damage by 50, which would then be multiplied by 50 by my code as well. A Harm I does 6 damage if I'm reading the vanilla code right, which equates to 15000 when multiplied by 50^2. As far as I can tell, TFC only caps magic damage, it doesn't alter it, so this situation is more than feasible. Of course the tweak code could easily multiply by less than 50, I didn't dig deep enough to find out as its not really important.

5 minutes ago, TaeoG said:

I was assuming that since the TFC player has 50x the hitpoints, that the code would multiply the magic damage by 50, which would then be multiplied by 50 by my code as well. A Harm I does 6 damage if I'm reading the vanilla code right, which equates to 15000 when multiplied by 50^2. As far as I can tell, TFC only caps magic damage, it doesn't alter it, so this situation is more than feasible. Of course the tweak code could easily multiply by less than 50, I didn't dig deep enough to find out as its not really important.

In that case, TFC would set the magic damage to 25. If your mod loads first, it would be modified by your code. Then my code would check if the damage is < 20 and if it is multiply it up to TFC levels otherwise it does nothing.