Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
TaeoG

Taeo's WIP addons - TerraThaumcraft, TTFCAPI, TTFCMat

722 posts in this topic

just did some busywork today. Reimplemented and refactored some features for consistency and ease, compiled a more in depth TODO list, and got the code to figure out for itself whether or not its in a dev environment. Part of the beta release will be the source code, so I want to get it in a more readable and logical state. There is a lot of code sitting around doing nothing anymore, lots of code that is unreadable, and lots of code that uses old methods I abandoned for simpler solutions further down the road on other items. I'll probably spend a while cleaning all this up.

Also added to my TODO list; finding a way to get Melon. Its a potion ingredient I completely forgot about, and you cannot grow in TFC. Kitty made it so things like potato and carrot  will grow, but melon and pumpkin are explicitly left out. Not sure why but I'm sure there is a good reason. Likely I'll have to implement a new melon plant.

I am not sure how you are handling the potion recipes, but would it be easier to substitute a melon for another item like a TFC fruit or some other existing food?

Melons were excluded as including them would allow pumpkins to be grown, which would allow easy jack-o-lanterns.

16 hours ago, Bunsan said:

Melons were excluded as including them would allow pumpkins to be grown, which would allow easy jack-o-lanterns.

Not like with the amount of exploring required in most seeds jack-o-lanterns are hard to get anyways.

16 hours ago, Bunsan said:

heh? Jack o lanterns aren't made of melons

17 hours ago, StrayWolfe said:

I am not sure how you are handling the potion recipes, but would it be easier to substitute a melon for another item like a TFC fruit or some other existing food?

The potion system is fairly hardcoded, I already tried something like that with netherwart and it just isn't worth the hassle.

17 hours ago, StrayWolfe said:

Only if it used all fruit, because using only one would just make it so players NEED that one plant for the item.

2 minutes ago, TaeoG said:

heh? Jack o lanterns aren't made of melons

The potion system is fairly hardcoded, I already tried something like that with netherwart and it just isn't worth the hassle.

I think he means that if they allowed melons to grow, players would cry about pumpkins as well.

But hell, i'd add a melon-growing mod as a standalone because fruit is a huge pain in the ass.

lol, all that code and hours and hours of work I did adding all those wood items and blocks. replaced by 10 lines of code. Crazy.

EDIT: due to this, my logs now work in every instance. Fireplaces, kilns, logpiles etc. For a bit of trivia, they taste exactly like Aspen.

Edited by TaeoG

I meant the melon and pumpkin seeds are the same class. Apparently it was not simple to allow one and disallow the other. 

Is there a reason for requiring a vanilla brewing stand to produce potions? You could make your own version of the vanilla brewing stand that extends the brewing stand class. Then just overwrite all of the methods that involve brewing potions and replace them with your own methods, a potion recipe registry would ideal to give you the freedom of making recipes. I did exactly this with the TFC hopper to replace the hard-coded recipes with a recipe registry and now I can make the hopper press whatever I want with only a couple of line of code. In addition, depending on the methods that need to be replaced this can be fairly easy to do.

11 hours ago, Bunsan said:

I meant the melon and pumpkin seeds are the same class. Apparently it was not simple to allow one and disallow the other. 

honestly I haven't looked too closely into it, but I don't see why that would be the case. The code even has to disallow both manually. Doesn't matter really.

53 minutes ago, StrayWolfe said:

Is there a reason for requiring a vanilla brewing stand to produce potions? You could make your own version of the vanilla brewing stand that extends the brewing stand class. Then just overwrite all of the methods that involve brewing potions and replace them with your own methods, a potion recipe registry would ideal to give you the freedom of making recipes. I did exactly this with the TFC hopper to replace the hard-coded recipes with a recipe registry and now I can make the hopper press whatever I want with only a couple of line of code. In addition, depending on the methods that need to be replaced this can be fairly easy to do.

My choices as I see it are

1. Revamp potion system, as you've suggested
    • Pros: more flexible
    • Cons: major overkill just to solve the issue of a single ingredient. I don't want to add more potions or change any of the other recipes, after all. Possible compatiblility issues.
  2. Implement a new Melon plant
    • Pros: fun and relatively simple to implement and test.
    • Cons: adds to an already lengthy list of fruit types and if done incorrectly may supplant other fruit production altogether
  3. Change "Glistering Melon"'s name and icon, give it a crafting recipe from TFC fruit
    • ridiculously simple and quick to implement, requires next to no testing
    • ?? players still don't get melons, which are a neat plant. Name change will only work for english speakers.

Leaning heavily towards 3, although I still kinda want to do 2 just for the fun of it.

felt like messing with something else today, so I balanced runic shielding and hungry nodes

working on getting fortress armor working. Unfortunately both thaumcraft and terrafirmacraft check to see if the armor you're wearing is theirs, and java doesn't allow me to make an item that is both TFCarmor and fortress armor at the same time.

I can still get this to work, but I was really hoping TFCarmor just had an interface I could implement, no such luck so this is gonna take more time.

EDIT: if you put fortress armor on an armor stand, the arms still have an idle animation. Should I just make it that it can't be put on stands?

Edited by TaeoG

16 hours ago, TaeoG said:

working on getting fortress armor working. Unfortunately both thaumcraft and terrafirmacraft check to see if the armor you're wearing is theirs, and java doesn't allow me to make an item that is both TFCarmor and fortress armor at the same time.

I can still get this to work, but I was really hoping TFCarmor just had an interface I could implement, no such luck so this is gonna take more time.

EDIT: if you put fortress armor on an armor stand, the arms still have an idle animation. Should I just make it that it can't be put on stands?

I see no problem with the animation. It is magic, after all.

Also, make sure that if you pick #3 you let it use a variety of fruit, otherwise players will simply require one specific plant.

On 8/27/2016 at 2:53 PM, TaeoG said:

honestly I haven't looked too closely into it, but I don't see why that would be the case. The code even has to disallow both manually. Doesn't matter really.

My choices as I see it are

1. Revamp potion system, as you've suggested
    • Pros: more flexible
    • Cons: major overkill just to solve the issue of a single ingredient. I don't want to add more potions or change any of the other recipes, after all. Possible compatiblility issues.
  2. Implement a new Melon plant
    • Pros: fun and relatively simple to implement and test.
    • Cons: adds to an already lengthy list of fruit types and if done incorrectly may supplant other fruit production altogether
  3. Change "Glistering Melon"'s name and icon, give it a crafting recipe from TFC fruit
    • ridiculously simple and quick to implement, requires next to no testing
    • ?? players still don't get melons, which are a neat plant. Name change will only work for english speakers.

Leaning heavily towards 3, although I still kinda want to do 2 just for the fun of it.

I have been using barrel recipes loosely related to to the minetweaker scripts from this post MineTweaker Potion Scripts instead of using the vanilla brewing stand. In my pack I have access to various other liquids and use Witch Water as a stable base for creating the potions. For example Witch Water by itself roughly equals the awkward potion. From there other ingredients are added to create the other kinds of potions.

So I installed terrathaumcraft-a0.5.jar on our server today and now I am getting alot of spam in the console with this message "[Server] TerraThaumcraft magic damage increased to 50.0"

Also ever since we have installed terrathaumcraft we have been experiencing alot of day/night cycle issues where time either moves very slowly or not at all. It does seem to be a visual issue since we get mobs spawning in the middle of the day and crops are growing normaly. But the sun, or moon, never moves and the TFC UI shows the incorrect times in the calendar tab.

0tYCtxB.png

whoops, thats a debug line I forgot to remove

I too have noticed the day/night cycle issue, I'm bummed to find out its my fault. I'll have a look but honestly I have no idea what code of mine would cause that problem. As you noticed it's not a lag/overburden issue, as everything else works normally.

Here is a link to an updated build that won't have that particular console spam. This build has considerable changes, so if you run it on your test server be prepared for that error that warns you of tonnes of missing blocks and items.

Trying to debug the time issue. Looks like something is causing a desync between what time the server thinks it is, and what time the client thinks it is, with an average difference of about 30 seconds.
Bizarre. It must have something to do with my world wrapper that I use to trick the thaumcraft world generator. I'll see if I can fix it, if not I may just have to manually change every thaumcraft generator class instead of trying to use a world wrapper as a catchall.

EDIT: Yep, my world generation is to blame. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I'll hack away at this some more tomorrow. Top priority.

Edited by TaeoG

5 hours ago, TaeoG said:

No more skipping time, and a day lasts 20 minutes. Thats a good sign.

TerraThaumcraft a0.5.5 Download

Again, i'm no coder, but for your issue with armour (as i understand it, it is having issues reducing magic damage as well?) couldn't you add an tag to each player when the armour is added and remove it when it's removed that reduces magic damage?

Also, what are we doing with infusion enchanting?

the problem with the armors is that Thaumcraft, when handling its rendering and handling things like the masks that you can build in, will only work with Fortress armor, while terrafirmacrafts damage reduction system and armor stand will only work with TFCArmor. And the armor I make can be one or the other, but not both.

What I've done is change the Armor stand to work with anything that uses TFC's largely useless clothing interface, which I can easily add to my version of the fortress armor. I'm just gonna have to write my own damage handler. Fortress Armor also uses special damage reduction code thats built into forge, so I'm going to figure out how that works and see if I can use it instead.

As for infusion enchanting, it should work out of the box, I imagine. Haven't even tried testing it, tbh. TFC items may have been explicitly set to be unenchantable though, which will make thaumium tools in extra high demand. If that's the case I'll likely add thaumium steel as well.

10 hours ago, TaeoG said:

As for infusion enchanting, it should work out of the box, I imagine. Haven't even tried testing it, tbh. TFC items may have been explicitly set to be unenchantable though, which will make thaumium tools in extra high demand. If that's the case I'll likely add thaumium steel as well.

Yes alot of TFC items are unenchantable or have issues when they are enchanted. For example, using an enchanted saw to craft TFC lumber either breaks the enchantments or it even can cause the saw to duplicate!

16 hours ago, TaeoG said:

the problem with the armors is that Thaumcraft, when handling its rendering and handling things like the masks that you can build in, will only work with Fortress armor, while terrafirmacrafts damage reduction system and armor stand will only work with TFCArmor. And the armor I make can be one or the other, but not both.

What I've done is change the Armor stand to work with anything that uses TFC's largely useless clothing interface, which I can easily add to my version of the fortress armor. I'm just gonna have to write my own damage handler. Fortress Armor also uses special damage reduction code thats built into forge, so I'm going to figure out how that works and see if I can use it instead.

So I assume those enchantments will do largely the same thing, but have their values tweaked? Also, will the normal enchanting system be re-implemented?

7 hours ago, OneWolfe said:

Yes alot of TFC items are unenchantable or have issues when they are enchanted. For example, using an enchanted saw to craft TFC lumber either breaks the enchantments or it even can cause the saw to duplicate!

good to know. I'm not surprised the special crafting handlers for stuff like chisels and saws would break enchantments, they had no plans of including enchantments! I can probably fix it, and will likely have to.

1 hour ago, dittoisepic said:

So I assume those enchantments will do largely the same thing, but have their values tweaked? Also, will the normal enchanting system be re-implemented?

Enchantments are a pretty low priority for me, so I haven't even looked into what hurdles I'll have to cross. Getting the old enchanting back will be as simple as adding a recipe to craft the table, but as for fixing enchantments... well that depends on whether they even need it, and how hardcoded they are. We will see.