Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
TaeoG

Taeo's WIP addons - TerraThaumcraft, TTFCAPI, TTFCMat

722 posts in this topic

Currently world gen is my focus. At the moment I'm making my custom ores work properly with TFC explosion mechanics, after that I will be focusing a bit on a few other ports I'm working on, ie making all Forestry bee hives spawn, Tinkers' construct ores, etc

After that I plan on finishing implementing the Thaumcraft equipment. I'll likely be implementing Thaumium Steel as a requirement for the higher tier weapons and armor

Then I can look at getting Enchantment working

not really related, but felt like showing people, here are Forestry Demonic bees doing what they do, from my WIP Forestry port.

Spoiler

Close proximity to lava is "Hellish" temperatures, and sulfur is the "Nether" flower. Works well. 

ctnDtzB.png

Edited by TaeoG

Have never played Thaumcraft, so maybe I am talking non sense. Shouldn't the Beehive be made of something else than wood? Maybe Obsidian? Or some other Nether material?

Seems like you're getting close to a usable form. Any idea if there are plans to release it near completion or are you waiting until it's fully finished to release for others to test? 

EDIT: Just viewed the previous page and noticed the alpha download link. Should have looked before posting. I'll be trying it out when I'm able to download it.

Edited by KalDragon

On 9/26/2016 at 10:40 AM, TonyLiberatto said:

Have never played Thaumcraft, so maybe I am talking non sense. Shouldn't the Beehive be made of something else than wood? Maybe Obsidian? Or some other Nether material?

was "thaumcraft" a typo? That was from my forestry port. And yes, the bee hive should be made out of something other than wood to be put beside lava.  But, its not my mod, just a port :)

On 9/27/2016 at 2:50 AM, KalDragon said:

Seems like you're getting close to a usable form. Any idea if there are plans to release it near completion or are you waiting until it's fully finished to release for others to test? 

EDIT: Just viewed the previous page and noticed the alpha download link. Should have looked before posting. I'll be trying it out when I'm able to download it.

Have fun, but heed the warning. This is an alpha, an actual alpha, meaning the codebase isn't stable and major things could change at any point, breaking save games and crashing stuff. So use at your own risk with that in mind.

Just an FYI.  Using the sluice with your Thaumcraft Conversion causes a lot of issues.  I have to MCedit out the sluice in order to get the world to load up.  I have tested and removing your conversion will allow the world to load with no issues.  Not a big issue as the sluice is not really used by anyone and can be hidden and the recipe removed in modpacks, but still something to look at.

thats a weird one. I'll have a look

3 hours ago, Grimkor said:

Just an FYI.  Using the sluice with your Thaumcraft Conversion causes a lot of issues.  I have to MCedit out the sluice in order to get the world to load up.  I have tested and removing your conversion will allow the world to load with no issues.  Not a big issue as the sluice is not really used by anyone and can be hidden and the recipe removed in modpacks, but still something to look at.

Can you give me any error messages or a description of your issues?
EDIT: scratch that, got it to crash. Should be able to fix it here in a minute.

Edited by TaeoG

Ok, I've added download links to the OP, the newest version of TTFCAPI fixes the sluice issue.

3 hours ago, TaeoG said:

Ok, I've added download links to the OP, the newest version of TTFCAPI fixes the sluice issue.

Sorry I wasn't faster to reply.  Great that you have it fixed.  I'll give it a try as well. 

Edited by Grimkor

1 minute ago, Grimkor said:

Yep.. Issue is resolved

nice

On 10/2/2016 at 8:46 PM, TaeoG said:

nice

Anything happened since this? Or have you been understandably busy with life/other addons?

16 hours ago, dittoisepic said:

Anything happened since this? Or have you been understandably busy with life/other addons?

I successfully ported Binnies Bees to forestry 4 and got all the beehives from forestry, binnies bees and magic bees to spawn appropriately in TFC.

Why? Well I run a minecraft server for a group of friends and their kids, and they've been waiting on this server going up for a while, so I'm making sure all the worldgen for the various mods I'm bringing into TFC works, so I don't have to restart the map on the server every time I update this crossover or the others I'm working on.

Anyway, once I have world gen for all the mods sorted out (all I have left is to add apatite for Forestry and some sort of aluminum production for everything else) then I can go back to making other features work.

Today, however is thanksgiving. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving everyone. Also happy Leif Erikson day.

On 10/9/2016 at 11:57 AM, TaeoG said:

I successfully ported Binnies Bees to forestry 4 and got all the beehives from forestry, binnies bees and magic bees to spawn appropriately in TFC.

Why? Well I run a minecraft server for a group of friends and their kids, and they've been waiting on this server going up for a while, so I'm making sure all the worldgen for the various mods I'm bringing into TFC works, so I don't have to restart the map on the server every time I update this crossover or the others I'm working on.

Anyway, once I have world gen for all the mods sorted out (all I have left is to add apatite for Forestry and some sort of aluminum production for everything else) then I can go back to making other features work.

Today, however is thanksgiving. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving everyone. Also happy Leif Erikson day.

I am also Canadian, happy thanksgiving :)

On 9/1/2016 at 5:29 PM, TaeoG said:

Currently 100% non-configurable, but that will change before Beta release. I can add a configuration to disable the world-gen if you want, but that is honestly the bulk of this port.

What fluid would you want to use in the crucible? It would have to be a Forge Fluid, and you would have to fill it with a Forge Fluid Container item at the minimum. I'd have to redo the render code if it was going to be anything other than water

Arcane furnace is completely unchanged, and will remain that way I imagine. I don't see any potential incompatibility between it and TFC, and the changes I've made to the aspect system are universal across all devices, ie thaumometer, crucible, etc.

Personally, I feel that there is enough useless default-on world gen in TFC that you can just use all that stuff, instead of going through all the work you did to get the Thaumcraft worldgen to work in TFC. It also would feel more like TFC, in my opinion, though to each their own, and I know you've already put in the time and effort to get Thaumcraft world gen to work in TFC...

For the fluid I'd like to use in the crucible, I was actually hoping to add my own fluid, made from combining limewater and salis mundus, called Aqua Salis. I was actually hoping to make this be a kind of 'base' which you 'combine' with items using heat to create all essentia, and also have a way to convert all essentia back into Aqua Salis, though that would obviously require someone to code it.

In any case, I think you should probably just ignore my suggestion. You're obviously doing this port very differently then I would've done, and I don't feel partial implementation of my ideas would really be worth it.

Edited by abculatter_2

2 minutes ago, abculatter_2 said:

Personally, I feel that there is enough useless default-on world gen in TFC that you can just use all that stuff, instead of going through all the work you did to get the Thaumcraft worldgen to work in TFC. It also would feel more3 like TFC, in my opinion, though to each their own, and I know you've already put in the time and effort to get Thaumcraft world gen to work in TFC...

For the fluid I'd like to use in the crucible, I was actually hoping to add my own fluid, made from combining limewater and salis mundus, called Aqua Salis. I was actually hoping to make this be a kind of 'base' which you 'combine' with items using heat to create all essentia, and also have a way to convert all essentia back into Aqua Salis, though that would obviously require someone to code it.

I can see what you're saying, and I will include a configuration to disable the worldgen, but you'll have to figure out your own way to acquire quartz, silverwood, greatwood, cinnabar, amber, and elemental stone. Or choose replacements from already generating items of course. Tools like Minetweaker can allow you to add recipes to use those replacement items without needing to code anything, and even to boost damage on the weapons and everything. Plenty of people are playing thaumcraft with TFC already, semi successfully, without even knowing my port (almost) exists. I made some considerable changes to how Nodes spawn as well, I'll see about making them enable-able separate from the rest of the worldgen.

As for your fluid idea, I'd suggest trying to work within the Barrel Recipe system, as the crucible doesn't really work in the way you've defined but the barrel does. Heat won't really be a factor though. If you want to use heat with barrel-style recipes, keep an eye out for an alchemistry addon I have in the works, or my cooking one. Or maybe someone else has already made an addon that allows you to heat fluids, who knows. Long story short, I'd have to completely rewrite the crucible's code and I'm not really interested in doing that, my goal has always been to make things work as closely to the original as possible.

The idea of using barrels to make essentia crossed my mind, though there's unfortunately no way to automate that, and I feel that automation is a major feature in Thaumcraft. Also, I would prefer if it were make in a non-wooden barrel, since it doesn't really make sense to make something that supposedly can break down anything with MAGIC, but somehow doesn't break down the wood. I also had the idea of adding an Incalcinate Clay, which would be used in a large number of recipes (including Arcane Stone)

Actually, now that I think about it, I might as well post the ideas thread I made a looong time ago here again; terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/8075-praecantatio-thaumcraft-integration-mod/

That's basically what I envision for a TFC + TC integration mod, and describes it in some detail. I don't know how much of it has been updated with some of my newer ideas, but there it is.

Edited by abculatter_2

On 10/12/2016 at 5:19 PM, abculatter_2 said:

The idea of using barrels to make essentia crossed my mind, though there's unfortunately no way to automate that, and I feel that automation is a major feature in Thaumcraft. Also, I would prefer if it were make in a non-wooden barrel, since it doesn't really make sense to make something that supposedly can break down anything with MAGIC, but somehow doesn't break down the wood. I also had the idea of adding an Incalcinate Clay, which would be used in a large number of recipes (including Arcane Stone)

Actually, now that I think about it, I might as well post the ideas thread I made a looong time ago here again; terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/8075-praecantatio-thaumcraft-integration-mod/

That's basically what I envision for a TFC + TC integration mod, and describes it in some detail. I don't know how much of it has been updated with some of my newer ideas, but there it is.

I have definitely looked at your thread multiple times. I quite like your ideas.

2 minutes ago, dittoisepic said:

Will the forestry port include mailboxes?

honestly the only reason I'm working on a forestry port is I love the beekeeping aspect, and that's all I've ever used the mod for. I thought it fit into the theme of TFC fairly well. Unlike this port, I don't expect the forestry one will ever be feature complete, as things like autofarms sort of defeat the purpose of a lot of TFC. The mailboxes allow you to send things to each other, and also set up some kind of catalogue for ordering things from each other, right? Might be interesting for players who don't play often enough to tend their own gardens or live far from other players. 

13 minutes ago, TaeoG said:

I have definitely looked at your thread multiple times. I quite like your ideas.

honestly the only reason I'm working on a forestry port is I love the beekeeping aspect, and that's all I've ever used the mod for. I thought it fit into the theme of TFC fairly well. Unlike this port, I don't expect the forestry one will ever be feature complete, as things like autofarms sort of defeat the purpose of a lot of TFC. The mailboxes allow you to send things to each other, and also set up some kind of catalogue for ordering things from each other, right? Might be interesting for players who don't play often enough to tend their own gardens or live far from other players. 

Mailboxes essentially allow players to send items long-distance without too much difficulty, although it isn't free and a railroad would likely be better in the long run. They also have something of an autoshop feature, although this too consumes some resources. It's very secure and in my mind allows for safe trading where you don't need to worry about getting stiffed, killed, or greifed. 

We have been having a tough issue on our server recently. When ever we place a wand inside the Arcane Workbench our client crashes. I have been unable to recreate this bug in single player so it definitely something on the server itself.

Here is the crashlog I am getting: CRASH

38 minutes ago, OneWolfe said:

We have been having a tough issue on our server recently. When ever we place a wand inside the Arcane Workbench our client crashes. I have been unable to recreate this bug in single player so it definitely something on the server itself.

Here is the crashlog I am getting: CRASH

I don't know if its just how Azanor formats his code, of if there is something wrong with my decompiler, but sometimes his code gets jumbled out the other end in unexpected, yet syntactically correct, ways. This is one of those cases. a0.7.2 should fix that issue, you'll find it in the linked mega folder.