Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
TaeoG

Taeo's WIP addons - TerraThaumcraft, TTFCAPI, TTFCMat

722 posts in this topic

• Project Red world Generation (Electrotine ore)

Sooo, what you're saying is, 1.8+ is over rated? Lol

(i am a bit obsessed with ProjectRed and its 1.11 equivilant, Integrated Dynamics. Yay tech mods)

Edit: do you plan on adding deviating lilies to world gen or ore dict'ing PR's stones to be compatible with their tfc equivilants? (Like marble and basalt)

Edited by Mathias Ademar

Minor Update:

I've managed to fix the TFC inventory desync issue when changing dimensions, but so far only in single player. Still trying to find a solution for multiplayer

17 hours ago, Mathias Ademar said:
  • Project Red world Generation (Electrotine ore)

Sooo, what you're saying is, 1.8+ is over rated? Lol

(i am a bit obsessed with ProjectRed and its 1.11 equivilant, Integrated Dynamics. Yay tech mods)

Edit: do you plan on adding deviating lilies to world gen or ore dict'ing PR's stones to be compatible with their tfc equivilants? (Like marble and basalt)

Heh, I'd consider working on 1.8+ if TFC was compatible with it. 

Project red is a poor man's Redpower, many times I've considered porting RP forward so I can stop cobbling together modpacks just to recreate its functionality... But in the meantime I need my bundled wires and integrated circuits

I wasn't aware of the existence of "deviating lilies" but I'm currently working on a system for dealing with flower generation based on climate. Once that's sorted out they would be easy enough to add to TTFCMat. Specific recipes and functionality for the mod itself would likely go in a separate addon dedicated to PR

Edited by TaeoG

37 minutes ago, TaeoG said:

Stuff.

Sweet. And the lilys were from one of the modules (explorarion i think), like bunker lights from the lighting module. They arent a dire thing. Im iust one of those people who go all in with a mod, I use any addons for tfc that dont break anything too (including thee addons youre making Taeo).

Edit: random fun fact, my buddy of 8 years is working directly with the dev for the 1.11.2 tech mod, Integrated Dynamics. So he gets to get all his neat little coder ideas implemented in interestong amd complex ways. Makes me wish i knew how to code. Lol

Edited by Mathias Ademar

UPDATE:

I'm pretty happy with myself, I've solved TerraFirmaCraft's inter-dimensional inventory issue in both singleplayer and multiplayer. Now players can travel between all kinds of mod dimensions while retaining their inventory and also having it respond to them as normal.

The craziest thing is it only took a single line of code.

Epic. Maybe bioxx shouldput that single line of code i to base tfc or tfc2. lmao

16 hours ago, Mathias Ademar said:

Epic. Maybe bioxx shouldput that single line of code i to base tfc or tfc2. lmao

lol, well I hope TFC2 doesn't have the same problem.

6 hours ago, TaeoG said:

lol, well I hope TFC2 doesn't have the same problem.

It won't

On 2017-6-29 at 6:16 AM, TaeoG said:

UPDATE:

I'm pretty happy with myself, I've solved TerraFirmaCraft's inter-dimensional inventory issue in both singleplayer and multiplayer. Now players can travel between all kinds of mod dimensions while retaining their inventory and also having it respond to them as normal.

The craziest thing is it only took a single line of code.

Wow this is really great, what did you actually change?

Also desync is not the only problem with multi-dimensions. One serious issue I got so far is that the implementation of TFC time does not take multi-dim into account at all.

If you have a overworld that 10 years has passed, and you jumps in another dim where time has just begun, you health will become 50 instantly due to that vast time difference.

This does not show up initially so it's very difficult to test, but if you have a server running for a while...

Also, could you please add a modpack policy to the OP? Thank you!

Edited by wormzjl

7 minutes ago, wormzjl said:

Wow this is really great, what did you actually change?

Also desync is not the only problem with multi-dimensions. One serious issue I got so far is that the implementation of TFC time does not take multi-dim into account at all.

If you have a overworld that 10 years has passed, and you jumps in another dim where time has just begun, you health will become 50 instantly due to that vast time difference.

This does not show up initially so it's very difficult to test, but if you have a server running for a while...

Also, could you please add you modpack policy to the OP? Thank you!

I'll admit I fixed the symptom and not the cause, but for some reason the Container object passed to the player on changing dimensions isn't set to notify the player when it updates. I tried to figure out why, but got frustrated and just added an event handler that fixes that whenever someone changes dimensions. If it works it works!

I didn't know about this time issue, I'll look into it later today, that's definitely a problem

As for my modpack policy, you'll find it in the downloads spoiler under "Permissions"

Edit: I should mention that that changes I've talked about on the last few pages aren't in the released alpha version. I'm still working through some bugs before I can release it. I'll mention the version number in any update post that actually corresponds with a release

Edited by TaeoG

Testing time again, I'm I a bit unlucky or there is no world generation of eldritch obelisks  and silverwoods?

2 hours ago, wormzjl said:

Testing time again, I'm I a bit unlucky or there is no world generation of eldritch obelisks  and silverwoods?

They definitely should be generating, all the world generation has been finished for a while. Silverwoods only generate in magic forests and that thick acacia jungle near the equator. Obelisks are usually all over the place.

also, how did you test the issue? I tried forwarding time by a few years and jumping into the eldritch dimension, but had no problems

59 minutes ago, TaeoG said:

also, how did you test the issue? I tried forwarding time by a few years and jumping into the eldritch dimension, but had no problems

I got a server that is currently experiencing this issue (which has been running for a couple of months), so I simply test it on my server.

This code is not mine either, I think you can just use it (or perhaps find a smarter solution?)

for inventory syncing, I tried to listen to onDimensionChange event and add a sync packet, but had no chance 

Edited by wormzjl

3 minutes ago, wormzjl said:

for inventory syncing, I tried to listen to onDimensionChange event and add a sync packet, but had no chance 

you had the right idea, although no packet is needed. This is what I have done

Spoiler

@SubscribeEvent
	public void onPlayerChangedDimension(cpw.mods.fml.common.gameevent.PlayerEvent.PlayerChangedDimensionEvent event)  {
		try
		{
			event.player.inventoryContainer.addCraftingToCrafters((ICrafting)event.player);
		}
		catch (IllegalArgumentException exception)
		{
			LogHelper.error(ReferenceTAPI.MOD_NAME, "Inventory has already be resync'd");
		}
	}

What I'm struggling with is finding a means of testing the time-skip issue in other dimensions. Using commands to advance time doesn't seem to be effective.

13 minutes ago, TaeoG said:

you had the right idea, although no packet is needed. This is what I have done

Hide contents

@SubscribeEvent
	public void onPlayerChangedDimension(cpw.mods.fml.common.gameevent.PlayerEvent.PlayerChangedDimensionEvent event)  {
		try
		{
			event.player.inventoryContainer.addCraftingToCrafters((ICrafting)event.player);
		}
		catch (IllegalArgumentException exception)
		{
			LogHelper.error(ReferenceTAPI.MOD_NAME, "Inventory has already be resync'd");
		}
	}

What I'm struggling with is finding a means of testing the time-skip issue in other dimensions. Using commands to advance time doesn't seem to be effective.

You might try deleting dim other than the overworld and advance a few days, get in that dim, and get back (in survival mode)

Also can I use this code in my version? It works really great

Edited by wormzjl

20 hours ago, wormzjl said:

Also can I use this code in my version? It works really great

I assume you're referring to the dimension inventory fix. For sure, just make sure you handle the Illegal argument exception just in case someone uses multiple mods with the same fix, haha

I don't suppose you have a github to report issues, do you?

Hey, I made an account just to let you know I've been following this thread for around a year now. I think this is one of the coolest mod ideas I've seen (huge fan of TFC and TC). Just thought I might as well let you know you had some lurker fans :^). Good luck to ya!

On 7/23/2017 at 0:30 PM, Lunessia said:

I don't suppose you have a github to report issues, do you?

I don't, you may use this thread to report issues for the time being

On 7/26/2017 at 0:33 AM, OvrlyCynical said:

Hey, I made an account just to let you know I've been following this thread for around a year now. I think this is one of the coolest mod ideas I've seen (huge fan of TFC and TC). Just thought I might as well let you know you had some lurker fans :^). Good luck to ya!

haha good to know, thank you, I'll admit this project tends to become a higher priority the more interest it gets.

right now I'm on a short hiatus while recovering from eye surgery, but Terrathaumcraft is still on my short list of projects to finish

Edited by TaeoG

Hello TaeoG, Just wanted to say I love the conversion, and am currently using it on a private modded TFC server. I have not found any issues other than cutting down greatwood trees crashes the server every time.

I would like to ask a question though. I noticed that you have mentioned other conversion mods for witchery, ars magika II and railcraft, but I cant seem to find anything about them. Are they future projects, or are they being worked on?

im fairly sure they are planned as seperate mods, to keep the size of this one down. plus it lends reason for why he basically made an api mod for this one (compatability with the other mods he plans to make)

On 8/16/2017 at 7:37 PM, sabbatnight13 said:

Hello TaeoG, Just wanted to say I love the conversion, and am currently using it on a private modded TFC server. I have not found any issues other than cutting down greatwood trees crashes the server every time.

I would like to ask a question though. I noticed that you have mentioned other conversion mods for witchery, ars magika II and railcraft, but I cant seem to find anything about them. Are they future projects, or are they being worked on?

lol please please post pastebins of your crashlogs for something like that. The greatwood trees use a different algorithm for cutting them down that is a little more efficient (I think) in an effort to make it easier on low end servers. If there is a bug that's causing it to crash I'd really like to track it down.

The other projects are WIP like this one, although I haven't posted them yet. Witchery is the furthest along of all of them. I'm also working on my own original addon to Terrafirmacraft, which I'll debut soon.

I've recovered from my eye surgery and finally have my vision back, so I'm excited to get back to it.

23 hours ago, Mathias Ademar said:

im fairly sure they are planned as seperate mods, to keep the size of this one down. plus it lends reason for why he basically made an api mod for this one (compatability with the other mods he plans to make)

thats exactly why there is an API, good call. Its used pretty extensively in all my mods, for adding ores and woodtypes and replacing world generation. For example the witch huts in witchery are generated with Terrafirmacraft materials from the area they spawn in.