Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
TaeoG

Taeo's WIP addons - TerraThaumcraft, TTFCAPI, TTFCMat

722 posts in this topic

Here is the pastebin of the crash.

Crashbin

This crash happens when cutting down greatwoods and silverwoods.

I have been looking for a way to add Witchery to my TFC server for a while. I would be very interested in beta testing your conversion mod.

Edited by sabbatnight13
fixing the pastebin

9 hours ago, sabbatnight13 said:

Here is the pastebin of the crash.

Crashbin

This crash happens when cutting down greatwoods and silverwoods.

I have been looking for a way to add Witchery to my TFC server for a while. I would be very interested in beta testing your conversion mod.

erm, are you sure thats the right error log? Its not out of the question, but this log seems to be a crash caused by the ships mod

That was one of the 2 newest crash logs on my server. Both logs correspond to a friend of mine on the server cutting down silverwood and greatwoods

It could be a compatibility problem between terrathaumcraft and the ships mod.

I will try to take out the ships mod in my single player and see if trees still crash the game.

I will also go on my server right now, clear all previous crash logs, and cut down another greatwood to attempt to recreate this crash.

here is the new crashlog

It does look like it's the ships mod causing the crash, but it happens when I cut down greatwood and silverwoods.

We hav'nt built a full ship on the server yet, only some of the parts.

I will be removing the ships mod for testing as my next step.

Edited by sabbatnight13
Adding crashlog

well if you can recreate the issue, it must be an incompatibility. I'll see what I can find out. I don't believe the ships mod is open source, but I should be able to dig a bit

sometimes these bugs can be really weird.

I removed the ships mod from my single player, and I was able to cut down a greatwood tree with no crash. 

From reading the crashlog, it looks like the ships mod is treating greatwoods and silverwoods as if they're entities

do you get the same crash in singleplayer WITH the ships mod, or does it only happen on a server?

2 hours ago, sabbatnight13 said:

I get the same crash on single player with the ships mod.

alright, well I've had a look and I have a better idea of what is causing this. Don't have a fix yet but I'm working on it.

If you want an idea, its that the ships mod inserted some code in the code for items that drop when you break a block, so that it can determine if the item collides with the ship or not. But for some reason its not looking at the actual World, but the fake one I use to manipulate the world generation, which doesn't have the list of ships its looking for, causing the crash.

Weird bug, but this stuff happens when you use code injection.

Edited by TaeoG

UPDATE: 

Version a0.8.7 of TTFCAPI is now available, this should solve the strange incompatibility with cuchaz's Ships Mod, as well as fix the time desync error in other dimensions on long running servers, which Wormzjl mentioned a few pages ago. There are likely other fixes as well.

Thank you for taking the time to fix this unusual crash.

If you would ever like to join my server for bug testing, just let me know.

On 8/28/2017 at 6:49 AM, sabbatnight13 said:

Thank you for taking the time to fix this unusual crash.

If you would ever like to join my server for bug testing, just let me know.

no worries. Please let me know if you have any more issues or if my fix didn't actually work

Always glad to help find bugs. Speaking of... I have noticed that the recipes that require the arcane crafting table have not  been updated to use terrafirmacraft materials.

I could work around that by using minetweaker, but then the recipes would not require essence from your wand to craft.

If you dont mind, I can take screenshots of a few of the recipes when I wake up, I was just headed to bed.

I have noticed the goggles of revealing, enchanted fabric, and gold capped greatwood wand so far, but I have not tried to make anything else yet.

ah yes, the goggles are often mentioned. I can't make up my mind if I should just use anvil recipes that already exist, or if I should add a "Thaumometer frame" recipe.

1 hour ago, wormzjl said:

Hi, you might want to take a look at this ore generation rate.

http://imgur.com/a/fqppB

Can you add some config for individual ore generation rate?

hahaha holy crap. Yes, I set a limit to how many chunks were allowed to fail the random roll for magic ore generation, just to make it a bit less RNG, but clearly I set the limit too low. The maps I was testing on were very scarce for some reason.

I could have sworn I made it a config option, but maybe not. I'll check it out when I get home from work

4 hours ago, TaeoG said:

hahaha holy crap. Yes, I set a limit to how many chunks were allowed to fail the random roll for magic ore generation, just to make it a bit less RNG, but clearly I set the limit too low. The maps I was testing on were very scarce for some reason.

I could have sworn I made it a config option, but maybe not. I'll check it out when I get home from work

There is a global option, but stuffs like quartz does not have such

As for the thaumeter, and goggles and such, Id go with making the frames on the anvil, then follow the normal thaumcraft recipe in the arcane crafting table. that way you dont remove the requirement of using aspects from your wand to craft the items.

UPDATE: 

Version a0.8 of TerraThaumcraft is available. This includes more granular control over ore generation, as well as a functional Axe of the Stream

Warnings:

• this will likely break your config file, so generate a new one and make sure the values are what you want
  • Bows may act strangely, as a half-finished arrow handler is present in this version.

I should mention that ore generation may not be what you expect. Infused ores are linked to the climate in the area, so you could set water infused ore to be 100% and still never see it if you're not in a climate that allows water infused ore

So after playing around with this mod a bit, I have some feedback. First of all, a lot of recipes haven't still been modified to work with tfc. Like for instance, I cant craft Warded Jar, since the recipe hasnt been updated to use slabs. There are also many more examples of this, but the ones that I really want to see fixed are node stabilizers/transducers, the arcane furnace, alchemical constructs, arcane alembics, vis charge relays, and some wand foci which already work quite well with tfc. Also, the recipe for enchanted fabric is a bit too much. While i'm fine with the wool cloth, the 4 silk cloths around it is ridiculous.  Each silk cloth costs 24 string to make, making one enchanted fabric cost a whopping 96 string. I already have enough trouble in vanilla tfc cobbling enough string for just one bed. But since you need 19 of the fabric to get the thaumaturges robes,pretty much a necessity for make the silverwood/thaumium wand, this means you need 1824 string for all of it, which is simply too much.  The silk cloth should be changed back to just regular string, since silk cloth would be way too grindy.  In addition, It would be cool if there were some wand caps to choose from bronze metals. Like black bronze caps would be the best bronze cap available, followed by bismuth and then normal bronze. Next, I think greatwood trees are too common. In my opinion.Chopping one down almost fills up your entire inventory with logs, making them quite overpowered for producing charcoal. I think that like sequoias, kapok, and acacia trees, they shouldn't drop saplings, and be made at least 10 times rarer. Anyways, I really enjoy this compatibility mod so far, keep up the good work.

this is all good feedback, clearly I hadn't done the math on the enchanted cloth. Sounds like its time for me to visit recipes in more depth. I hadn't focused on them before because there are so many scripting tools like minetweaker out there to allow players to make their own recipes, but its probably best that I do something on my end as well.

I'll look into the wandcaps, I'm not sure how they all balance out but if there is room between the existing caps to have a meaningful upgrade I'll add the other metal types

as for the greatwood trees, I think I'll just add a config option or two to allow you to manage their spawning as you like. I actually made them more rare than in vanilla by making them rely on climate and the presence of other trees, but if you'd like them to be more rare I'll give you that option, as well as the option to disable the saplings.

Is it possible to modify the greatwood generation rate, growth time and sapling drop rate?

Some of my players reported that the sapling drop rate was too high and thus too easy to obtain a lot of wood from the begining.

the sapling rate and growth rate is the same as all the other trees, I believe, so it should be no easier than a redwood. But I can add a config for them. I've already added a generation rate option that will be available in the next release.