Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
TaeoG

Taeo's WIP addons - TerraThaumcraft, TTFCAPI, TTFCMat

722 posts in this topic

So everything was running just fine and dandy with a0.4.5 until I decided to test out some of the new world gen and ran into another fatal error :(

Since I am still testing in single player I reverted back to a0.4 and the new worlds are loading just fine so it definitely seems to only be an issue with a0.4.5.

Here is the error message I am seeing in the Launcher 

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.world.World.getBlock(III)Lnet/minecraft/block/Block;

at com.bioxx.tfc.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenLooseRocks.getCoreSample(WorldGenLooseRocks.java) ~[WorldGenLooseRocks.class:?]

If you would like a more detailed crash report I will see if I can generate one in the morning, for now its very late and I am about ready to fall over :P 

Thank you,

OneWolfe-

PS: Ok same problem on the server side. a0.4.5 runs fine on a pre-existing map but wont generate a new one :( 

Edited by OneWolfe

Just a question. Let's say one wants to make a thauminamicon (I guess that's how you spell it) but using bibliocraft's bookshelves. Will it work.

27 minutes ago, CALEBXD101 said:

Just a question. Let's say one wants to make a thauminamicon (I guess that's how you spell it) but using bibliocraft's bookshelves. Will it work.

No

34 minutes ago, CALEBXD101 said:

no it won't, but bibliocraft still allows you to build vanilla ones, doesn't it?

8 hours ago, OneWolfe said:

So everything was running just fine and dandy with a0.4.5 until I decided to test out some of the new world gen and ran into another fatal error :(

Since I am still testing in single player I reverted back to a0.4 and the new worlds are loading just fine so it definitely seems to only be an issue with a0.4.5.

Here is the error message I am seeing in the Launcher 

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.world.World.getBlock(III)Lnet/minecraft/block/Block;

at com.bioxx.tfc.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenLooseRocks.getCoreSample(WorldGenLooseRocks.java) ~[WorldGenLooseRocks.class:?]

If you would like a more detailed crash report I will see if I can generate one in the morning, for now its very late and I am about ready to fall over :P 

Thank you,

OneWolfe-

PS: Ok same problem on the server side. a0.4.5 runs fine on a pre-existing map but wont generate a new one :( 

I do inject some code into the getcoresample method, but it hasn't been changed between versions.

Looks like this is just a dumb mistake on my part. Give this one a try
Fixed TerraThaumcraft a0.4.5

Edited by TaeoG

51 minutes ago, TaeoG said:

I do inject some code into the getcoresample method, but it hasn't been changed between versions.

Looks like this is just a dumb mistake on my part. Give this one a try
Fixed TerraThaumcraft a0.4.5

Thank you very much! That seems to be working perfectly now :D

Sorry for all the trouble this little server test may have caused :( 

2 minutes ago, OneWolfe said:

Thank you very much! That seems to be working perfectly now :D

Sorry for all the trouble this little server test may have caused :( 

just keep the bug reports coming

1 hour ago, TaeoG said:

just keep the bug reports coming

I can certainly do that! :D

So my next step is to go through and check that the correct aspects are getting picked up. I have noticed that almost all the TFC blocks and items are set to Terra by default. That is an interesting choice :D

Minetweaker does allow me to add and change aspects for almost everything in my pack, however some items are different when placed on the ground. One example is with any metal ingot when placed in a stack on the ground has a different ID than a stack held in the players hand. Its not a huge deal at the moment since players will just have to remember to hit 'Q' and throw the items on the floor to be scanned first.

I can understand that going through every single block and item in TFC can be a very daunting task. Trust me, I do it almost every time I add a new mod to my pack :P but if anyone knew a way I can identify items placed in the world it would be greatly appreciated :D

PS: I also just noticed that most of the TFC weapons have a tremendous amount of Telum. A little knife has over 99 points, these seems a bit extreme. :P They do have larger amounts based on the tier of metal tho :D

Edited by OneWolfe

Spoiler
Spoiler

It does I was just wondering if bibliocraft's bookshelves worked cause I use those often.

7 hours ago, OneWolfe said:

PS: I also just noticed that most of the TFC weapons have a tremendous amount of Telum. A little knife has over 99 points, these seems a bit extreme. :P They do have larger amounts based on the tier of metal tho :D

ah yes. Those aren't values provided by me, but are automatically calculated by thaumcraft due to the damage they do. I'll have to dial that back when I get to finishing the aspects

I'm not sure what you mean about items having a different ID in hand than on the ground, that shouldn't be possible.

1 hour ago, TaeoG said:

I'm not sure what you mean about items having a different ID in hand than on the ground, that shouldn't be possible.

Oh, its definitely very possible. An ingot (item) held in hand is very different than ingots placed in a stack (block) on the ground. And the same goes for logs and I think other multi-block structures behave the same way. Entities thrown on the ground are always the same as what was in hand of course. 

oh, you're referring to the ingot stack container. Yes, that would be different as its a completely different item. Logs and coal will act the same, they're all just fancy chests, really. Not a big deal as you typically can't actually put those blocks into a cauldron, but they will eventually have some sort of aspect assigned to them for research points

1 hour ago, TaeoG said:

ah yes. Those aren't values provided by me, but are automatically calculated by thaumcraft due to the damage they do. I'll have to dial that back when I get to finishing the aspects

In my mind, metal weapons should have a deal of telum. I say give stone knives one telum, and metal knives no less than ten, going up a fair deal per teir,  because they're a lot harder to acquire. 

Arrows should have 2 telum apiece, as they're harder to get than stone knives but not that difficult. 

9 minutes ago, OneWolfe said:

Oh, its definitely very possible. An ingot (item) held in hand is very different than ingots placed in a stack (block) on the ground. And the same goes for logs and I think other multi-block structures behave the same way. Entities thrown on the ground are always the same as what was in hand of course. 

If possible, i'd love to see a completed stack of ingots be separately scann-able. Would be a nice reward for "completing" a tier.

4 minutes ago, TaeoG said:

oh, you're referring to the ingot stack container. Yes, that would be different as its a completely different item. Logs and coal will act the same, they're all just fancy chests, really. Not a big deal as you typically can't actually put those blocks into a cauldron, but they will eventually have some sort of aspect assigned to them for research points

lol

Right now they give 1 terra. Just like everything else in TFC. Which I thought was kind of a nice joke :D

11 minutes ago, TaeoG said:

I thought it was fitting.

Please give some item one terra, one metalum, an done fabrico.

Terra Firm(a) craft.

As well, please get nitor and golem cores working, if you can. It should be a simple fix: Edit the catalyst for nitor to be something else (i'm thinking a vial of lux) and allow for TFC bricks (fire bricks if you want to be picky) in the golem cores. This would allow us to actually use those golems you spent so much time coding. Please and thanks.

Edit: If not the vial of lux, charcoal is a nice secondary option, not quite as much of a joke to get as a torch.

Edit 2: Straw golems. You mentioned you are having issues with using certain amounts of grain, but being able to temporarily use any amount until you fix the issue would be nice. I'll be using 30oz to balance myself anyways. Please remember the golem catalysts. Unless, of course, you have something more important to do. I ain't the dev here. 

Edited by dittoisepic

One more thing: Have you ensured armour calculates damage like TFC armour does (E.G. boots of the traveler) 

Edited by dittoisepic

1 hour ago, dittoisepic said:

One more thing: Have you ensured armour calculates damage like TFC armour does (E.G. boots of the traveler) 

Thaumium armor does, but I haven't gotten to the other armors yet.

23 minutes ago, TaeoG said:

Thaumium armor does, but I haven't gotten to the other armors yet.

Alright.

Bet you guys thought I forgot some of the wood items! Well I did! Should be done now though

Spoiler

Y0Eaaq7.png

1 hour ago, TaeoG said:

Bet you guys thought I forgot some of the wood items! Well I did! Should be done now though

Hide contents

Y0Eaaq7.png

The greatwood door is nice.

My bad, it seems you have glowstone covered, but are golem cores edited to use TFC brick in crafting?

I haven't finished recipes yet, no. Currently I'm working on ways to acquire nether materials. As you noticed, glowstone dust is now available, as well as soulsand and netherwart. Currently working on blaze rods and magma cream, while I have yet to devise a method for ghast tears or the nether star.

Long story short, I'm trying to get the foundation in place for crafting materials to be available, before I focus heavily  on the recipes they'll be used in.