Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

  • Announcements

    • Dries007

      ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

      There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

      This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

      As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

      Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
TaeoG

Taeo's WIP addons - TerraThaumcraft, TTFCAPI, TTFCMat

722 posts in this topic

Ah yes, with a second look, the tfc code sets magic to 25 unless your health is under 25, not the damage. So if your health is under 25, THEN you'll get the stacking damage, but you would have died anyway. Explains why all my harm potions were doing the same damage. Gonna have to do something about this, can't have all magic damage coming out the same, that breaks a lot of stuff

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bummer, buffing all healing spells/potions also buffs the natural health regen. I imagine I shouldn't do that. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I could have one wish, it would be that I could think of better, more efficient and easier implementations BEFORE I finish writing the overly complex version.

No wait, it would be for unlimited money. Then the programming thing.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are looking for some of the health regen for potions, I've already found a solution that works fairly well.

@SubscribeEvent
public void onHeal(LivingHealEvent event)
{
	if(event.amount > 1 && event.amount < 9 && ConfigSettings.InstantHealingScaling)
		event.amount = event.amount * ConfigSettings.VanillaHealingMultipier;
}

This only multiplies health that is in the range of the potions. If you do not like this solution, you might be also be able to make a custom potion to set the health.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, StrayWolfe said:

If you are looking for some of the health regen for potions, I've already found a solution that works fairly well.

@SubscribeEvent
public void onHeal(LivingHealEvent event)
{
	if(event.amount > 1 && event.amount < 9 && ConfigSettings.InstantHealingScaling)
		event.amount = event.amount * ConfigSettings.VanillaHealingMultipier;
}

This only multiplies health that is in the range of the potions. If you do not like this solution, you might be also be able to make a custom potion to set the health.

I abandoned my LivingHealEvent Handler because unfortunately regeneration I does 1 healing as well as splash healing potions at certain ranges. I've replaced the potions to compensate, but may have to have a mix of both approaches to try to cover all bases. Its become pretty clear I'm going to need a fairly extensive config file for compatibility... Although it's getting to the point that I'm moments away from adding a new API to TFC, since I've had to change so much.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm no coder, but couldn't you copy the code for the normal health regen, rename it, buff it a ton, and have the potions apply the renamed regen? Probably not, just throwing this out there.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually you can, and it's what I've done. That takes care of regen, and the healing portion of heal potions. 

Essentially there are 2 ways to buff healing

  1. reimplement and replace every healing item
  2. catch every heal that happens, and boost its value then

StrayWolfe has done the second one, which works in most cases. The edge cases that it won't work on are regen potions that heal 1 per tick, and splash heal potions that land a certain distance away from you, depending on their strength. Really any heal that only heals for 1. So I replace the regen and health potions like you've said, write my "all heal" handler so that it doesn't accidentally multiply the already buffed heal, and we're happy. Kinda. Still means any addon that adds a heal for 1 will need that heal reimplemented, and the range of values that could be a vanilla heal OR an already boosted splash heal overlaps so there are bound to be bugs there. For example, if I used the code StrayWolfe has shown, where any heal between 1 and 9 non inclusive gets multiplied by some value, that covers things like a Heal II potion, but also could trigger on an already multiplied Splash Regen at certain ranges. I'm not sure if a regen or poison splash potion gets reduced strength or reduced time when it misses, and that's gonna be important in this case.

Stupid splash potions...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I've finished patching the vanilla status effects, working on the Thaumcraft ones now (sun scorched, unnatural hunger, withering gaze etc) while I'm at it. In TFC you actually get 1% of your health back every 30 minecraft minutes on top of your normal health regen, did you guys know that? Its hard to notice until you accidentally boost it. Getting 500 hit points out of nowhere is very noticeable. I've added code to avoid that, but it means if you're ever healed for exactly 1% of your health by something other than a health or regen potion... well it ain't gonna get boosted and you're gonna be disappointed.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember to make zombie brains edible, as eating a zombie brain cures your unnatural hunger.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, potions are quite powerful and should be mid-game at least. I say make the brewing stand require thaumium for a base, IMO.

Edited by dittoisepic
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thaumium for the brewing stand isn't a bad idea.

Before I make a zombie brain food item, I decided I'd start working on allowing the Aspect system to handle TFC food. So far so good, Food now has a variable amount of aspects depending on its weight, as well as its cooked, brined, smoked etc state. Infused cheese and sandwiches/salads should also have extra aspects depending on their contents. Currently testing to make sure it actually works properly, especially the cheese/Meal code.

Currently it works like this:

  • A full stack of food is 160oz. Whatever amount of aspects that are assigned to said food item will be divided by 160 and multiplied by the item's actual weight, to determine that particular stack's aspects.
  • food qualities like brined, salted, smoked etc will add up to 10 extra aspects (so 1 for every 16 oz of food). Salted adds the Crystal aspect, preservation methods typically add ordo, cooking, smoking and drying add fire.
  • a reminder: Your thaumometer only lets you scan each unique item once, and will not consider a 6oz apple to be different than a 7 oz apple, for example. I recommend for maximum research points to only scan 160z of food with as many preservation properties as possible on it.
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got food aspect scanning working quite well, so this next question is a balance one.

What is the minimum quantity of food that should be worth 1 aspect?

A full stack of food is 160oz, and a sandwich is 10oz, made of 3x 2oz, 1x 3oz, and 1x 1oz parts. Should every ounce be worth something? Every 10 ounces?
While I've written code to give sandwiches aspects based on their contents, it won't do anything unless 1 or 2 oz is worth something. At the same time, is 160 corpus too much for 160oz of pork?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TaeoG said:

I've got food aspect scanning working quite well, so this next question is a balance one.

What is the minimum quantity of food that should be worth 1 aspect?

A full stack of food is 160oz, and a sandwich is 10oz, made of 3x 2oz, 1x 3oz, and 1x 1oz parts. Should every ounce be worth something? Every 10 ounces?
While I've written code to give sandwiches aspects based on their contents, it won't do anything unless 1 or 2 oz is worth something. At the same time, is 160 corpus too much for 160oz of pork?

I think 160 aspect points its a bit much, maybe 16 points for a 160 ounce item.

For sandwiches, since they are crafted items 1 aspect per ounce seems fair.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crafted foods having 1 aspect per ounce seems about right. 16 for 1 is probably good for raw.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

K, I'm taking your suggestion, every 10oz of food will have 1 of its base aspect, and every oz of a sandwich or salad.

The base aspects currently are as follows

  • Protein -> Corpus
  • Vegetable -> Herba
  • Fruit -> Herba
  • Grain -> Messis
  • Dairy -> Permutatio if cheese, Sano if milk

Any suggestions? I would rather that fruit and vegetables have separate aspects, but I can't think of one that works.

There are also secondary aspects, things like sensus for carrots, haven't decided on those yet however

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TaeoG said:

K, I'm taking your suggestion, every 10oz of food will have 1 of its base aspect, and every oz of a sandwich or salad.

The base aspects currently are as follows

  • Protein -> Corpus
  • Vegetable -> Herba
  • Fruit -> Herba
  • Grain -> Messis
  • Dairy -> Permutatio if cheese, Sano if milk

Any suggestions? I would rather that fruit and vegetables have separate aspects, but I can't think of one that works.

There are also secondary aspects, things like sensus for carrots, haven't decided on those yet however

For the fruit base aspect, maybe Victus or Fames. Could be Permutatio as well, as that is traditionally used for seeds, but since TFC doesn't technically divide its food groups biologically, that makes less since. And you are already using that for milk anyway.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fames is on almost all food, and victus is on meat before its cooked. I modeled that after the vanilla aspects of pork fish beef and chicken, which is why I wasn't eager to use either for fruit. I will have to mull it over.

 

EDIT: All the TFC items and blocks now have aspects, as well as a few more changes. Updated the OP to reflect current progress. Once I add aspects to my stuff I'll release an updated build. We're getting very close to Beta.

Edited by TaeoG
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TaeoG said:

Fames is on almost all food, and victus is on meat before its cooked. I modeled that after the vanilla aspects of pork fish beef and chicken, which is why I wasn't eager to use either for fruit. I will have to mull it over.

 

EDIT: All the TFC items and blocks now have aspects, as well as a few more changes. Updated the OP to reflect current progress. Once I add aspects to my stuff I'll release an updated build. We're getting very close to Beta.

Yay. Have you done runic shielding balance? Will they work the same way, just providing more shielding?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't found the code for runic shielding yet. But yes the intention is to just boost the damage absorption to compensate for the increased damage.

You can see current progress in the original post of this thread.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a new build for those brave enough to mess with Alpha builds.

Biggest additions to this build are

  • aspects for everything currently implemented
  • Weapon aspects have been rebalanced. 1 Weapon aspect for every 50 damage instead of every 1,
  • a revamped aspect system that can handle food, and partial ingots in the ingot mold.
  • status effects/potions have all been rebalanced and/or reimplemented.

Things to look out for if you're testing

  • inconsistent, missing, or incorrect aspects
  • random large heals on yourself or an enemy

TerraThaumcraft A0.5 download

Edited by TaeoG
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2016 at 9:52 PM, TaeoG said:

Here's a new build for those brave enough to mess with Alpha builds.

Biggest additions to this build are

  • aspects for everything currently implemented
  • Weapon aspects have been rebalanced. 1 Weapon aspect for every 50 damage instead of every 1,
  • a revamped aspect system that can handle food, and partial ingots in the ingot mold.
  • status effects/potions have all been rebalanced and/or reimplemented.

Things to look out for if you're testing

  • inconsistent, missing, or incorrect aspects
  • random large heals on yourself or an enemy

TerraThaumcraft A0.5 download

Consider that stone weapons are far easier to get than metal weapons, and unless metal weapons have shitloads more telum then nobody will ever use them, they will just make stone javelins or axes and melt them down.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dittoisepic said:

Consider that stone weapons are far easier to get than metal weapons, and unless metal weapons have shitloads more telum then nobody will ever use them, they will just make stone javelins or axes and melt them down.

honestly, I'm fine with that, the difference between a stone sword and a diamond sword in vanilla is 2 telum.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TaeoG said:

honestly, I'm fine with that, the difference between a stone sword and a diamond sword in vanilla is 2 telum.

Alright, just keep in mind that invalidates a lot of items for use in a crucible, but research must also be considered I guess.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tsk, looks like some weapons have acquired the mortuus aspect since there is an alternate recipe that uses a bone for a handle, Gonna have to tweak these values still I guesss

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TaeoG said:

tsk, looks like some weapons have acquired the mortuus aspect since there is an alternate recipe that uses a bone for a handle, Gonna have to tweak these values still I guesss

But.. but... bones and stones and caveman skins...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites