Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
TaeoG

Taeo's WIP addons - TerraThaumcraft, TTFCAPI, TTFCMat

722 posts in this topic

Well today I fixed the treasure chests. They now generate as a TFC chest, made of a random type of wood chosen from the types meant to spawn in the area the chest is found. They also generate with TFC versions of loot.

I also removed a few more base edits, added quartz generation in the main world, and a handful of other things I've forgotten. As per the wikipedia article, quartz will generate in granite, shale, schist, quartzite and gneiss.

Tomorrow I intend on fixing the spawners in dungeons to spawn TFC versions of the vanilla mobs, then port the whole works forward to the newest version of TFC1. After that its just a matter of packaging it up and attempting to run it (for the first time) outside my dev environment. After some testing and inevitable bug fixing, we'll be ready for alpha 0.00001 release.

Spoiler

AolDJpi.png

CvPdW9C.png

Edited by TaeoG

methinks the OP needs updated just a touch to relfect the progress, as the past edit was back in april. lol. or not. feel free to ignore me. :3

Not a bad Idea, I've just been avoiding it because all the changes to the forums have broken the formatting in the OP multiple times.

Edited by TaeoG

Ah. That makes sense. Sounds like something id get annoyed by too. Lol.

working on making the mobs spawn properly, but apparently even though all the documentation online says otherwise, I cannot Cancel a mob spawn event. Gonna have to find some other way to force the game to spawn my versions of the thaumcraft mobs

this is what happens when you swap Thaumcraft mobs for your own implementation of them 

Spoiler

Thaumcraft keeps count of how many monsters it spawns by checking the area around the spawning point for more of the same monster.... Since I swapped it for my own, thaumcraft finds none and just keeps spawning
75RcT26.png

2 hours ago, TaeoG said:

working on making the mobs spawn properly, but apparently even though all the documentation online says otherwise, I cannot Cancel a mob spawn event. Gonna have to find some other way to force the game to spawn my versions of the thaumcraft mobs

I'm not sure if this might help, but I've been able to replace all of the TFC animals by removing them after they spawn and replacing the entity with my own. You could do something similar and replicate the spawning logic of the Thaumcraft check for nearby entities. I used basically the same methods used in vanilla for teleporting entities with the nether portal and converting a villager to a zombie villager. In both of those cases, the entity was removed then replaced.

7 minutes ago, JAWolfe said:

I'm not sure if this might help, but I've been able to replace all of the TFC animals by removing them after they spawn and replacing the entity with my own. You could do something similar and replicate the spawning logic of the Thaumcraft check for nearby entities. I used basically the same methods used in vanilla for teleporting entities with the nether portal and converting a villager to a zombie villager. In both of those cases, the entity was removed then replaced.

Its a good idea, although I found if I create an eventhandler that looks for a LivingSpawnEvent, and use SetResult(Event.Result.DENY), it functionally does the same thing as canceling the spawn event altogether.

Problem with both my approach and yours is that Dark Nodes, Eldritch Altars, Crabs Spawners, and I'm certain a few other tiles, check the immediate area for Clerics, Guards, Guardians, Crabs, Brainy Zombies, etc when deciding when to spawn more. And unfortunately he checks by seeing if the mob is an EntityEldritchGuardian.class, for example, rather than an instanceof an EntityEldritchGuardian. Since this forces me to use code injection to make his code check for my mobs instead, I might as well make it spawn the right mob in the first place while I'm at it. I wish I knew how to use TFC's Class Transformer, as all my ASM code is done manually and its very time consuming.

Edited by TaeoG

Spoiler

Z256Nj4.png

So far so good. Kinda surprised to find that Eldritch Guardians will attack Crimson Cultists, but its right there in the code.

The eldrich hoard their dark knowledge and attack anyone who delves too deep, such as what the crimson cult does, or the player if they research warpy stuff. Lol. 

My approach of replacing spawning thaumcraft monsters with my own isn't working out well. Finding all the edge cases where a mob can spawn without firing off a LivingSpawnEvent is proving difficult, not to mention the bugs like mentioned before, where thaumcraft spawning tiles will continually spawn mobs.

Taking a different approach now, to simply add the implementation of Terrafirmacraft armor and damage directly to the Thaumcraft mobs instead. Its a bit trickier to handle but should save me from all those other issues. Still uncertain whether a Cultist's armor actually contributes to his armor calculation or not, or if it's just his "innate" armor. Lots of stuff to figure out.

Well it works.

Now I just need to figure out the Damage Type, attack damage, max health and innate armor amounts for all the monsters and bosses in Thaumcraft. This is gonna be difficult to balance I think.

I've scaled the thaumcraft max health and attackdamage proportional to a zombie. What this means is if a Thaumcraft mob had twice the health and did twice the damage of a vanilla zombie, it now has twice the health and twice the damage of a TFC zombie. Seems to be fairly balanced but can make for some interesting output.

Spoiler

n4g5y4w.png

I'll be honest though, I have no idea what kind of armor ratings to give any of these guys.

4 hours ago, CALEBXD101 said:

I think you should have a set multiplier like 3 or 5

that would definitely have been simpler. We will see once people playtest this whether or not the route I took works

On another note, strangely the exact same code that generates Silverwood Trees and Greatwood trees normally during world creation completely flubs it when used to generate a tree from a sapling

I dunno.

Spoiler

NLbwta7.png

7 minutes ago, Mathias Ademar said:

Lol. Those trees had a haircut. :3

I know. It really doesn't make any sense. Here is a silverwood tree generated from the exact same code attached to an item's right click instead of a sapling. Very strange, very frustrating.

Spoiler

tIIG23b.png

fixed. 

There are no brakes on this train.

Spoiler

Smx3Z5l.png

Well, I got a lot done this weekend.

1. All the mobs have scaled up health and damage, although currently they all do slashing damage and have no armor.
  2. The mod has updated to be compatible with the newest versions of forge, tfc and thaumcraft for 1.7.10 (apparently vanilla is at 1.10 now? Holy sh^t)
    • this was mostly painless, although I did have to change how the thaumium tools were registered
  3. Magic trees are completely done. 
    • They spawn
    • They cut down like TFC trees
    • They drop saplings and sticks (Saplings are set to be as rare as normal thaumcraft saplings, although less rare if harvested by hand)
    • They grow from saplings
    • Greatwoods sometimes have spawners and chests under them
    • Silverwoods sometimes have pure aura nodes in them
      • TODO: destroying the node doesn't yield any drops yet
  4. All the dependencies have been squared away and a preliminary jar has been built! Doesn't work though, gotta fix my code injection to use obfuscated names, also gotta pull out the small handful of TFC classes I have left in the mod for debugging purposes.

Its good to finally feel like I'm making progress, just gotta keep the momentum going.

9 hours ago, CALEBXD101 said:

Cool but how do you build a jar?

How do I build a jar? By running it through the build script. Don't worry, end users won't have to do that, that's just the final step I have to do.

haha oh. Nodejars are now built with full wood plank blocks in place of the slabs that were used before