Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
raymondbh

[TFC 0.79.23+] TFC-Additions 1.0.4

40 posts in this topic

My first real Minecraft mod (or an addon for another mod at least...).

This TFC addon adds Chisel(the mod)-like function to the TFC chisel, but does it the "TFC-way".

It also add some aesthetic blocks to make your builds look awesome!

I will add more blocks, as soon as I can make more textures, and if anyone will contribute with textures, I will add them to this addon!

Posted Image

Recipes:

Chiseled stone with outline:

Posted Image

Chiseled stone with small outline:

Posted Image

(The icon for this chisel mode is broken, but it works as it should. I will fix this in next update)

Chiseled planks with outline:

Posted Image

Wood Planer:

Posted Image

Planed plank:

Posted Image

Vertical planks (block):

Posted Image

Large planks (block):

Posted Image

Parquet planks (block):

Posted Image

Changelog:

Removed - experimental Carpenter Blocks support (should never been in the release at the first place).

Fixed - Chisel mode icon.

Fixed - With some help from Dries007, the crash at startup is fixed now.

Fixed - Hopefully fixed the Wood Planer crash at startup now?

Fixed - 0.79.24 crash

Added - Wood planer.

Added - Planed wood planks.

Added - Recipes for wood blocks.

Added - CTMLib is now included in mod.

Updated to TFC 79.23

Added - Creative Tab.

Added - Planks (only available from creative tab at the moment).

Added - Sedimentary stones.

Added - Keybinding, "N" for previous chisel mode.

Fixed - Addon now able to run on dedicated server.

Added Igneous Intrusive and Igneous Extrusive stones.

Credits:

Thanks to the Chisel 2 guys for their awesome CTMlib!

Thanks to XxNyssaXx for textures (plank blocks)!

The addon:

https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/tfc-additions

Source

Dependencies:

TerraFirmaCraft 0.79.23+ (of course)

(CTMLib no longer nessecary, this is included in the mod now)

Modpacks:

Go ahead! That's why I made it in the first place. (Cool if you will link the pack here, but not necessary.)

Contribution:

You have textures for a block you want to add? Gimme and I will add.

Ideas for things this mod could add, give me a PM.

For planned features I need textures for:

Items:

- Wood planer (one for each of the TFC metals) What is a wood planer?

- Planed wood planks (a little smoother version of the TFC planks)

- Nails (we need nails)

Also for my planned support of CarpentersBlocks, a carpenters table would be awesome.

Edited by raymondbh
New download link.

Love the new textures.

Question. Does your mod adds the blocks to the creative inventory? If we break the block does it get destroyed, or do we get a block that we can place somewhere else, like the smooth stone? 

Love the new textures.

Question. Does your mod adds the blocks to the creative inventory? If we break the block does it get destroyed, or do we get a block that we can place somewhere else, like the smooth stone? 

Thank you. You can find the blocks in the creative inventory and if you break them with a pickaxe they will drop, just like smooth stone.

Not sure how you are doing textures, but for the limited I've done I found creating an overlay that could be applied to each block made it faster. Looking at yours what might work best is taking all raw stone, reducing noise a bit and brightening the before applying the overlay.

Hope that helps, definitely looks nice so far.

Not sure how you are doing textures, but for the limited I've done I found creating an overlay that could be applied to each block made it faster. Looking at yours what might work best is taking all raw stone, reducing noise a bit and brightening the before applying the overlay.Hope that helps, definitely looks nice so far.

An overlay sounds like a great idea, but I have no idea how to do that... :P

Currently I have been tinkering in GIMP.

I use photoshop, but the basic principle is the same. Create a layer that is the highlights and lowlights with black and white gradient. For example for the smoothed stone I'd make make a white border starting at top left corner and then have it reduce in a gradient as it went down and to the right. I'd make a black border starting in bottom right corner and gradient as it goes up and to left. So you have a layer that is just the outer pixels. Then put this layer on top of the base stone texture and reduce the opacity to probably about 20%. The noise in the base block with prevent it from looking flat. The just merge visible and save png. Apply that layer to next rock.

You may want to alter all the base textures (copies not originals) first if you aren't getting quite the look you want. Raw stone is quite noisy and brighter than smoothed, so you can play with both. Once you have one done likely you can apply same process to all rock types.

Looks good from the screen shots (not at my computer so I can't download it) I look foward to adding comparability for it on my texture pack in the future if you keep it updated :)

Looks good from the screen shots (not at my computer so I can't download it) I look foward to adding comparability for it on my texture pack in the future if you keep it updated :)

That would be cool Nyssa. Planning to keep it updated... :-)

Alright, so i tried to run this on my private server, and even after removing all other plugins other than CTMlib, fastcraft, and obviously tfc, i get this crash error

Time: 8/2/15 2:58 PMDescription: Exception in server tick loopcpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: managerat cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:163)at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:559)at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:88)at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:314)at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:117)at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387)at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: managerat org.rbh.tfcadditions.Blocks.BlockChisel.(BlockChisel.java:32)at org.rbh.tfcadditions.Blocks.BlockDent.(BlockDent.java:11)at org.rbh.tfcadditions.Blocks.BlockMMDent.(BlockMMDent.java:15)at org.rbh.tfcadditions.Blocks.BlockSetup.LoadBlocks(BlockSetup.java:20)at org.rbh.tfcadditions.Proxy.CommonProxy.preInit(CommonProxy.java:17)at org.rbh.tfcadditions.TFCAdditions.preInit(TFCAdditions.java:31)at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:532)at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:212)at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:190)at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:119)at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:556)... 5 moreA detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Details --Details:Minecraft Version: 1.7.10Operating System: Linux (amd64) version 2.6.32-5-amd64Java Version: 1.7.0_03, Oracle CorporationJava VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle CorporationMemory: 338298352 bytes (322 MB) / 510328832 bytes (486 MB) up to 2121334784 bytes (2023 MB)JVM Flags: 5 total; -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:ParallelGCThreads=3 -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xincgc -Xmx2048MAABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) usedIntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.99.99 Minecraft Forge 10.13.4.1492 7 mods loaded, 7 mods activeStates: 'U' = Unloaded 'L' = Loaded 'C' = Constructed 'H' = Pre-initialized 'I' = Initialized 'J' = Post-initialized 'A' = Available 'D' = Disabled 'E' = ErroredUCH mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar)UCH FML{7.10.99.99} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge.jar)UCH Forge{10.13.4.1492} [Minecraft Forge] (forge.jar)UCH tfc_coremod{0.79.21} [TFC[coremod]] (minecraft.jar)UCE tfcadditions{@MODVERSION@} [TFC-Additions] ([1.7.10][0.79.21]TFC-Additions-0.0.0.jar)UCH terrafirmacraft{0.79.21} [TerraFirmaCraft] ([1.7.10]TerraFirmaCraft-0.79.21.741.jar)UCH FastCraft{1.21} [FastCraft] (fastcraft-1.21.jar)Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to 'fml,forge'Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)

Alright, so i tried to run this on my private server, and even after removing all other plugins other than CTMlib, fastcraft, and obviously tfc, i get this crash error.

I haven't ran it on a server yet, this is only a preview... but I shall look into it.

Edit: I've fixed it, it should be working on the next preview version >0.1.0, thank you for the crashlog.

Edited by raymondbh

No problem, glad I could help. Good luck :)

Preview of what's to come: https://goo.gl/photos/87MgQaV6xHxarxpc9

A million thanks to @XxNyssaXx for the textures!

I got a lot to do at work this days, so progress is kind of limited, but if any one else would be able to help with textures, or have blocks/items they want to see in this mod, give me a hint!

What I need of textures now to continue: 

Items:

Wood planer

Planed wood planks (a little smoother version of the TFC planks)

Nails (we need nails)

Also for my planned support of CarpentersBlocks, a carpenters table would be awesome.

Nails (we need nails)

Yes please. and wood planks would require nails to be placed.

Make sure not to use CTMlib 1.3 version that just came out, it wont work with the addon. just spent the last hour trying to figure out why i could not get the plugin working, lol

Thanks for the heads up @XxNyssaXx! sorry I don't have a release for the new blocks you made textures for, but I kinda need those other items to make recipies... Hopefully someone can help me with them, or I have to come back when I have some more time to work on textures myself...

Crash Report for 1.0.0 http://pastebin.com/KfJmTgL8 in TFC 0.79.24.816.

Just your mod and TFC in forge 1448 environment

Thank you for your crash report, I already have a fix for it, and I will push it when I'm home from work.

Excellent. I'll add it to the build your own TFC pack when fixed.

Still getting same crash with build 1.0.1 http://pastebin.com/kXFLaRj8

Strange... the crash did not happen on my home computer so I thought i was fixed. I got to reproduce it at my laptop, and now it don't crash there either, so hopefully... ;-)

Updated to 1.0.2.

I'm crashing on 1.0.2 - http://pastebin.com/J9J3dbCN

Still getting same crash with build 1.0.1 http://pastebin.com/kXFLaRj8

Strange... the crash did not happen on my home computer so I thought i was fixed. I got to reproduce it at my laptop, and now it don't crash there either, so hopefully... ;-)

Updated to 1.0.2.

After much frustration with FML's code, I found the solution for this problem, and cause I thought why not, I made a PR.