Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Mac4s

Mammoth in terrafirmacraft

Mammoth   37 members have voted

1. 1. Your thoughts for mammoth

• They would fit perfectly.
    • They would fit, but I would suggest some other changes. (comment)
    • They would ruin terrafirmacraft
    • Dont really care about them.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 posts in this topic

Ah there most definitely weren't Manmoths in 1400 AD. Even the most generous estimates put their extinction before 2000 BCE. Even then that was isolated populations where humans weren't. Yes they existed during the Stone Age, but the Stone Age lasted over 3 million years. Metal working began roughly 5000 years ago iirc.

Edited by Bunsan

Yes, that's all true.

My point is that just because the Dev's say that technology will not evolve beyond what we had in middle ages, does not mean we cannot have animals from different stages of history.

Terrafirmacraft is not our world. Even though many things are based on real world.

For example we have fruits from a lot of different places growing in the same region.

Those fruits did not existed in medieval Europe, neither they had potatoes or corn.

Red and Blue still are fantastic metals, they do not exist in real life. 

If you start pointing everything that did not existed in medieval Europe, or in real life the list will be pretty big.

In the end is just a question of a Dev liking or not an idea. If someone likes it enough to code it then is OK. If not is not gonna happen no matter what.

I for once like to pretend that the tfc world is like another planet and I am a strange there, and even so I can find some similarities  with earth, it still is another world, a place where the materials combine in unusual ways, and there are strange creatures and plants and trees behave in different ways.

So with that in mind I would have no problem in having prehistoric creatures roaming the land.

After all it would not be stranger than the monsters. What is more believable, saber tooth or zombies and skeletons?

As for the calendar, I have no idea what was passing in the Dev's heads when they choose to start it in the year 1000.

I doubt they actually intended it to be 1000 after Christ, making it 1000 AD. Don't think tfc has anything to do with religion, nor it should.

I may be wrong and only Bioxx can tell, but I really think the year 1000 is just some aleatory number that was chosen to start the calendar.

I think people read too much into that.

I will leave for now. 

Sometimes I talk too much and I do not really want to offend anyone or start a discussion. So please forgive me if I came too hard.

Peace and Love.

One way or another we all love this mod.