Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
PaoloEmilio

Gases

7 posts in this topic

I got a new idea yesterday. What if we had gas blocks?

Properties

They could, like water, flow, but not downwards, but gas blocks could flow upwards. In addition, the source block could lift up every 10 seconds, and at 256 height it despawns.

Gas Containers and Gas Tanks

They could be picked up with a gas container. One of wrought iron will do similar to a wooden bucket. It lets you collect the gas, but you can't place the source. One of blue/red steel will do like the bucket made of the same material. The blue/red steel gas container will place the source.

On the other hand, gas tanks are blocks that can hold the gas without it escaping, for storage. It could be made out of fireclay, like a crucible.

Now, on the kinds of gas:

Air

This one is already in the game. You breath with it. Nothing else could be said about it I guess.

Natural gas

This beauty could spawn in caves with sedimentary or metamorphic rocks, like shale, claystone or others. Natural gas will make mining extremely dangerous. Just placing a torch in a gas pocket will light it in a few ticks, spawning fire blocks all over the place if there are air blocks adjacent to the natural gas pocket. No mobs spawn in a gas pocket. Detecting the gas could be difficult, because it is colorless and odorless. Maybe, because you can't breathe in it, it gives bubbles just like when you're underwater?

I don't know if this goes with the theme of TFC, but this gas, apart from being another danger in the caves, could be used for cooking. I don't know if we are either able to refine this gas in TFC's theme.

Smoke

Results from the burning of wood and coal. In closed areas, smoke can cover an entire room, making it unsafe for health. It can cause poison, to represent intoxication, as well as bubbles, due to the lack of fresh air. However, to prevent smoke from building up, a hole could be made, or a door opened for it to escape. The hotter firepits or forges are, the more smoke per second they release. But forges releases 2 times more smoke than firepits. Bloomeries and blast furnaces could release smoke as well.

Steam

Hot water, could be used in steam machines, like in Steams addon for TFC.

Is it compatible with TFC?

Not currently, but I've contacted the developer about changing something small so it will be. As always, we'd much rather work on making a mod compatible than add everything that mod has to TFC.

lets hope the developer cooperates, that would be a neat addition

I love this mod, so glad it's going to be compatible with TFC :)