Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sequoia

Seed Request: Scenic Sequoia forest. 79.18+

11 posts in this topic

Howdy! I'm looking for a simple seed with a sequoia forest. I would like it if there was a nice variety of trees between the sequoias, but not required. A lake in the sequoia forest would be nice as well. Some ores in the area is always wanted ( Copper, Bismuth, Sphalerite, Garnierite, graphite etc.) rock preferably: Basalt, dolomite, andesite or gabbro. Though I would like rock salt nearby, but not required. I would like the area to be around the Z coordinate -12000 to -16000, I HATE the south, and refuse to go to the Equator. TFC version: 79.18+. If you have a seed that meets at least a few of the requirements, please tell me :D. (I've searched for a long time, and have not found a good enough forest.)

The seed I'm currently using may interest you: -8335361358615055950.

I spawned at about Z -9800, and there is a small sequoia forest starting at about X -400, Z -10150 by a large fresh water lake. A little further north, the sequoia forest gets quite a bit bigger, with scattered aspen, white oak, and pine, and bounded on the west by mountains and ocean. There's a really scenic spot at about X -600, Z -10600 with sequoia trees perched around mountain peaks that overlook the ocean. At X -343, Y -10700 there is a little freshwater pond, and a bit further east the sequoia forest turns into a pine/elm forest which is broken by several freshwater lakes. To the north, at about Z -10900, the sequoia forest gives way to rolling hills and plains with scattered lakes, each surrounded by sequoia trees.

The prevailing stone is granite. There are lots of ores, although I haven't done much mining or exploring near the sequoia forest. I have found very large deposits of copper, gold, and silver right near the spawn point, so I have had black bronze nearly from the beginning. There is hematite scattered in various places, but I'm not sure how large the deposits are as I haven't mined any yet. There is bismuth at X 150, Y -10900. There is a large deposit of graphite at X -300, Y -8630. Even further sound I have seen sphalerite. I have not found rock salt yet.

Very nice seed, I think i'll use it as it has very cool areas. Thanks!

Just curious, what's so terrible about the south?

Some people don't like getting close to the equator because food spoils quicker.  Also, the acacia forests are nearly impenetrable.

I just love the north, to me the south is ugly, i dont like the jungles at all. The challenge of living up north makes the game more fun, and i love the winter and snow. To me, the south is useless and barren, except for chickens. The sequoia forests are my favorite biomes, which is the reason for my name. :D

Great seed.  I spent many happy days in Sequoia National Forest when I was young.  Thank you.

I've been playing on this for about a week and it's really great.  Lots of metal ores, plants, pigs and sheep are nearby, chickens to the South and cows to the far South.  Marble nearby also, with exposed Lapis and Cinnabar. :)

This would make a great server map.

Edited by WillOfStone

Cool, I'm glad you liked the seed. I've been enjoying it for several months now. It was my first seed and definitely the best I've played so far. Beginner's luck, I guess.

I've seen the chickens but have yet to find cows. Where did you see them exactly?

My friend found them.  I think he was 5000 =/- South?  I'll ask him when I get a chance.  I remember thinking it was too far to bring an animal, so I didn't bother.