Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
fallonsky

tree schematics and Ancient/Ruined Villages/Buildings

12 posts in this topic

Welp its been a while since we have had this thread and I think there may be something new that can be said about this finally :P

Ancient/Ruined Villages/Buildings

From what I can tell it seems that tfc2 is going to be using schematics to generate trees instead of the way its being done right now. If that's the case would it be possible to create very very rarely the ruins of some cabin in the woods or the ruins of a small settlement with about 2-4 houses?

It could be coded as a insanely rare type of tree that only spawns in groups of 1-4 that takes from a pool of ruined houses that can be submitted by the players. They shouldn't have anything that can be used to further the tech level of the player such as tools, lanterns or anvils but could instead just have something like some colored pots or perhaps a old chest with a few seeds, some salt or dyes.

They probably shouldn't also be built with a large amount of resources as if they contain a ton of bricks or somethings like that they could be sought out for resources instead of them being a cool thing you could find in the wilderness.

There could be different pools of houses it could take from depending on the temperature so a colder climate might have different looking houses than would a group of houses on the equator. The houses could be takes from a subform contest like game where people can download and vote for their favorite house to be included in the game as well as give feedback as to if the house is too resource intensive/ contains items that powerlevels the player such as steel armor/ just looks awesome

as for rarity I think they should probably be about three times as rare as strongholds are in vanilla minecraft so that perhaps you will be able to find one or two but not before going through at least 20-30km

also didn't we used to have a tfc2 subforum somewhere? o.o

It is fully configurable and so you can use schematics that employ only TFC blocks.

There will be schematic based structures in tfc2 in the future. For now, I'm still just focusing on terrain.

I would love to see a build contest or submissions forum for this but more pertinently for the trees that bioxx needs for the terrain gen testing. He had mentioned he wanted help in a tweet but I was unsure of a few things such as wether to use vanilla blocks or Tfc blocks and where to submit said schematics...

Perhaps you could enlighten us Bioxx?

For tree schematics you can use any kind of vanilla wood & leaf blocks.

I would love to see a build contest or submissions forum for this but more pertinently for the trees that bioxx needs for the terrain gen testing. He had mentioned he wanted help in a tweet but I was unsure of a few things such as wether to use vanilla blocks or Tfc blocks and where to submit said schematics...Perhaps you could enlighten us Bioxx?

a submissions forum for trees would be awesome. Wonder why it hasn't been made yet, it would probably help a lot with collecting as well as answer questions people might have.

There will be schematic based structures in tfc2 in the future. For now, I'm still just focusing on terrain.

sweet :D

A bit off topic but is there any way to help out with tfc2 or is it something you guys want to do on your own?

I can't speak for Bioxx, but based on the conversations in IRC, beyond the tree schematics it is all bioxx since it is still base world gen. And he has quite a few trees done and someone he has recruited to do more. So I'd wait for bioxx to say what if any are needed before investing a lot of time. Even Kitty isn't coding tfc2 yet.

Honestly trees are the main thing that I need help with right now. I've had a few offers of help since my twitter request but really only one person has followed through to help me at this time. As far as some TFC2 forums are concerned, we're probably getting to that point. I'll talk with kitty about setting something up.

The TFC2 codebase is still HEAVILY changing as I try to lay good groundwork for the future which is why its mostly pointless to have anyone else in the code at this time. That said, if anyone knows how to setup the repo and wants to fly around in a TFC2 world and give me their thoughts, I always enjoy new reactions.

I would help but I don't even know what a repo is.

Repo is repository as in a code repository. The one Bioxx uses is GitHub. It is we're all the code is stored. It tracks changes (commits), logs issues, allows people to copy the entire code base and split it to a new repo (fork), submit new code/fixed (pull request or PR). If you know how you can clone the repository to your system and compile it and build a jar file to use with forge.