Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bioxx

Tree Schematic Contributions

56 posts in this topic

The tree looks good Balthizar. I definitely wouldn't want to go any bigger than that.

Ok well I will keep my parameters to this size and smaller. I am going to do a fully grown version of each of the trees that fit within this box before moving into duplicates or small versions.

An Equiry about the Addition of a Water-storing Desert Tree

Baobabs would allow players to obtain water more easily in a somewhat harsh desert terrain. The bark of baobabs can be used as cordage, as well. Six of the nine baobabs species discovered so far are precinctive to Madagascar, two of them can be found in Africa, and one is endemic to northwestern Australia. These trees store water in their trunks to survive the dry season. The baobabs can be 5-30m tall and can be 6-14m in diameter, depending upon the species you look at.

Addendum: They are leafless for most of the year, and when they do have leaves, the leaves are sparse.

Edited by Brother_Leon

Baobab trees ARE interesting but I don't know how I feel about adding them.

haha too much woods! :| ...and 4 stones axes!!

Edited by landryx

Baobab trees ARE interesting but I don't know how I feel about adding them.

Ok.

Bioxx, have you got a list of trees that are already modeled, so that we know which ones to work on?

Bioxx, have you got a list of trees that are already modeled, so that we know which ones to work on?

The zip file in the OP contains a world save all off the trees that are currently being used. You can simply put that in your save folder of a vanilla MC instance and see for yourself :)

Also Uncle Gus, and Bioxx correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that just because there's already a model of any given tree at any given size, doesn't mean there can't be more variations for that type-size.  Variety is the spice of life, as they say! 

Also Uncle Gus, and Bioxx correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that just because there's already a model of any given tree at any given size, doesn't mean there can't be more variations for that type-size.  Variety is the spice of life, as they say! 

This is entirely correct.

Alrighty, so this is my submission. THE AMERICAN SASSAFRAS. This tree is native to the southeastern US, and is commonly used as the flavoring in root beer. The roots, leaves  and bark are edible, however the bark and roots are typically used as tea. Their foliage is shaggy and turns a brilliant shade of red in the fall.

I have made a small, medium, and large variants of this tree.

I have a small problem, however, due to my inexperience of posting on this forum, I cannot figure out how to attach images. Any help?

This should give you a good idea of what I'm looking for.

Does it matter how many wood blocks are used in a small/normal/large tree? If so, can you offer some acceptable ranges?

Edited by subarctic_guy

@yeahminecraft16 I got the zip file but haven't taken a look as of yet. Thanks for the submission.

@subarctic_guy take a look at the tree world which I have provided in the OP to get a good idea on what is acceptable. Try to stay away from monster trees if you can help it.

Ferrous sulfate mixed with woods with natural tannins [oak im looking at you.] will produce blue wood... maybe that can be a mod/addon/later feature. 

Well, this thread's been dormant for a while... so i thought i'd bring it back to life by submitting a few more tree schematics. Here's the ZIP file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i5p72svuis7x1tk/Tree Schematics TFC2.zip?dl=0

apologies if the trees are a little disorganized-that was just me being kinda dumb lol, but i'm to lazy to change it :P i do ,however, believe that none of the schematics should overlap.

included are:

Ash-1 Small, 1 Normal, 1 Large - might work for a different tree as well

Aspen-1 Small, 1 Normal, 1 Large

Birch-2 Small, 2 Normal, 2 Large-One of each type has a straight trunk, the other has a split trunk, both are seen in real birch trees often

Pine-0 Small, 4 Normal, 2 Large-Tried to replicate more of what i see normally in pine trees, especially the ones around here where i live (Wisconsin), but also all around the world. This also separates them in look from the other conifers, just as they look different IRL

Sequoia-0 Small, 0 Normal, 1 Large-Tried to replicate some of the really huge giant sequoias such as the General Sherman tree (the biggest in the world) by making the leaves begin higher off of the ground than the ones in the example world. This would probably also help give variety to sequoia forests without being crazy.

2016-08-29_23.45.35.png

15 hours ago, yeahminecraft16 said:

Well, this thread's been dormant for a while... so i thought i'd bring it back to life by submitting a few more tree schematics. Here's the ZIP file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i5p72svuis7x1tk/Tree Schematics TFC2.zip?dl=0

apologies if the trees are a little disorganized-that was just me being kinda dumb lol, but i'm to lazy to change it :P i do ,however, believe that none of the schematics should overlap.

included are:

Ash-1 Small, 1 Normal, 1 Large - might work for a different tree as well

Aspen-1 Small, 1 Normal, 1 Large

Birch-2 Small, 2 Normal, 2 Large-One of each type has a straight trunk, the other has a split trunk, both are seen in real birch trees often

Pine-0 Small, 4 Normal, 2 Large-Tried to replicate more of what i see normally in pine trees, especially the ones around here where i live (Wisconsin), but also all around the world. This also separates them in look from the other conifers, just as they look different IRL

Sequoia-0 Small, 0 Normal, 1 Large-Tried to replicate some of the really huge giant sequoias such as the General Sherman tree (the biggest in the world) by making the leaves begin higher off of the ground than the ones in the example world. This would probably also help give variety to sequoia forests without being crazy.

2016-08-29_23.45.35.png

Can you send more specific pictures?

Edited by Diego il Catanico Jr

Just now, yeahminecraft16 said:

oops, idk why that deleted my text... ok

so what i said was basically that it wouldn't let me add multiple screenshots-if you want a better look at the trees, you could download the world, or i do have a link here with their pictures: TFC 2 Trees

in Thailand,we use tamarind wood for making cookware,houses,furniture and bullock carts    it also burn for a very lang time and give a lots of heats

and tamarid is also eatable.it size will be medium and,or large and it will grow in hot places

ผลการค้นหารูปภาพสำหรับ ไม้มะขามผลการค้นหารูปภาพสำหรับ มะขาม               tamarid logs and fruits