Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
raymondbh

World generation

44 posts in this topic

Looking nice!  Does that island use all new tree models?

Up in the northwest corner, there's three lakes close together, and one has a lot of green 'static' in it (also a smaller one on the opposite side of the island).  Is that some kind of new swamp or something, with lots of cattails and/or lilypads?

Will there be some sort of 'pregenerated' map generator? The kind that you wait first, lag less later?

Entire islands generate at once, if that's what you're asking.

The island looks awesome! And I like the size of it, it's decent, but not, like, a continent. Not only could you manage to explore such an island fully, but build many scattered buildings and still be able to move between them pretty fast. 

Mojang is re-working boats now, I wonder if the new boats will be of use in TFC2 with the islands. (I know, a teleportation system is preferred, but still. Could be useful for new rivers as well)

Entire islands generate at once, if that's what you're asking.

Well, that's good news.

But that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking whether there would be a pregenerated finite world to generate. 

Well, that's good news.

But that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking whether there would be a pregenerated finite world to generate. 

No. The world will still be infinite going east and west.

Perhaps Miner is referring for example to servers that have a world with borders? I believe I read that HappyDiggers pre-generates their entire world within the borders they've set, which takes days apparently.  Then there's less lag when a bunch of players hop on and scatter?

Is there any devlog for TFC2 i can read and follow?

Is there any devlog for TFC2 i can read and follow?

edit: removed :P

Edited by kaldskryke

so not sure what i did wrong when i ran the setup.bat, but.... this is the result. any help would be fantastic. (Ran again to get this log, thats why some things are skipped.)