Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ifm2181

My little fort

9 posts in this topic

My current world (5th one) is kind of a mixed bag. Lots of great wood around, and I started right next to an olive tree. There's some copper and hematite nearby, with bismuth and sphalerite scraps (but apparently no veins I can find). But I'm on an island, and nowhere within a week of travel in any direction has any flux stone, salt, or cassiterite samples. My world can't even load chunks that far out after a while. But even though my progress is pretty protaic, I made a nice fort with a lot of wood I liked and feel bad about wanting to restart.

Anyway, it's not much, but I felt like showing it off anyway.

My typical roof style, I think I've done this in every TFC world I've had. Sometimes I leave it open-air, sometimes I close it up, depends how cold the area is. Both small under-roof areas will be accessible, to shoot at zombies and whatnot.

Posted Image

Added on the forge wing, though I should have made it a bit bigger. At this point I really was hard-up for wood. Top is exposed under the rooftop to drop stuff into the bloomery.

Posted Image

Better view of under the roof, open-air stairwell, and access to the forge wing's open area.

Posted Image

Inside the forge wing is a little small... if I could actually find flux (I can't), I'd have an actual anvil. I have a crucible, but damned if I can get an anvil.

Posted Image

A sort of open-air patio spot below the over-arching roof. I haven't done anything with it yet.

Posted Image

Edited by ifm2181

nice :) looks like you are a few versions behind on the texture pack though :P

nice :) looks like you are a few versions behind on the texture pack though :P

Aha, probably... I don't always update it until it gets way behind.Thanks for the pack, by the way. ;)

Edited by ifm2181

Thanks. :DUsually I make a tower design, but opted for more of a fort this time, so the roof turned out a little... different from my usual affair.

Has a bit of a Frank Loyd Wright feel to it.  :)

One question... "little" lol

looks really nice though, very jealous though!

One question... "little" lol

looks really nice though, very jealous though!

Well, 'little' is kind of accurate, since I'd need a larger forge and a whole item storage structure (cause I keep a lot of stuff). Maybe even a wood shed. But that would use so much wood...Thanks. :D

Edited by ifm2181

What is the roof made of?