Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
TitanJIB

Help this bug is game breaking, please help!

27 posts in this topic

I just installed all the mods using the method where u drag the mods into the mod folder (the easy way). When I make a world and load in this is the crash report. This is just pure TFC with no other mods and I'm sure this is the right forge version.  Please help. Also the text when you get to the "Minecraft sign" page is well you can see.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// Hi. I'm Minecraft, and I'm a crashaholic.

Time: 8/18/15 9:14 PM
Description: Unexpected error

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
at java.nio.Buffer.checkIndex(Buffer.java:512)
at java.nio.DirectIntBufferU.get(DirectIntBufferU.java:248)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderGlobal.func_72712_a(RenderGlobal.java:350)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderGlobal.func_72732_a(RenderGlobal.java:294)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71353_a(Minecraft.java:2216)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71403_a(Minecraft.java:2146)
at net.minecraft.client.network.NetHandlerPlayClient.func_147282_a(NetHandlerPlayClient.java:240)
at net.minecraft.network.play.server.S01PacketJoinGame.func_148833_a(SourceFile:70)
at net.minecraft.network.play.server.S01PacketJoinGame.func_148833_a(SourceFile:13)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:2061)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:973)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:898)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at java.nio.Buffer.checkIndex(Buffer.java:512)
at java.nio.DirectIntBufferU.get(DirectIntBufferU.java:248)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderGlobal.func_72712_a(RenderGlobal.java:350)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderGlobal.func_72732_a(RenderGlobal.java:294)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71353_a(Minecraft.java:2216)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71403_a(Minecraft.java:2146)
at net.minecraft.client.network.NetHandlerPlayClient.func_147282_a(NetHandlerPlayClient.java:240)
at net.minecraft.network.play.server.S01PacketJoinGame.func_148833_a(SourceFile:70)
at net.minecraft.network.play.server.S01PacketJoinGame.func_148833_a(SourceFile:13)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)

-- Affected level --
Details:
Level name: MpServer
All players: 0 total; []
Chunk stats: MultiplayerChunkCache: 0, 0
Level seed: 0
Level generator: ID 00 - default, ver 1. Features enabled: false
Level generator options: 
Level spawn location: World: (8,64,8), Chunk: (at 8,4,8 in 0,0; contains blocks 0,0,0 to 15,255,15), Region: (0,0; contains chunks 0,0 to 31,31, blocks 0,0,0 to 511,255,511)
Level time: 0 game time, 0 day time
Level dimension: 0
Level storage version: 0x00000 - Unknown?
Level weather: Rain time: 0 (now: false), thunder time: 0 (now: false)
Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false
Forced entities: 0 total; []
Retry entities: 0 total; []
Server brand: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
Server type: Integrated singleplayer server
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient.func_72914_a(WorldClient.java:373)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71396_d(Minecraft.java:2444)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:927)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

post-19038-0-67373500-1439951463_thumb.p

Edited by TitanJIB

well not to sound stupid or anything but i have no idea how to separate TFC from the .minecraft file

I suggest watching this video:

It will explain how to create a separate game profile for just TFC.

hmm ok this clears up some stuff 2 question though how would I install additional mods and am I suppose to make a new folder. Im on mac so i did get a little confused when u copied that folder.

Edited by TitanJIB

No, additional mods go into the same mods folder that you put TFC in. This mods folder should not be in your .minecraft directory. You can put it anywhere that you want, and then you edit the profile on the launcher and put in the location of the folder that the mods folder is in.

Yes. The process hasn't changed since Minecraft 1.6.4 or even earlier.

yes but where is this folder from .Am I suppose to name a folder Terrafirmacraft?

other than the origins of this folder I do understand what I have to do

Edited by TitanJIB

The folder isn't "from" anywhere. You just make a new folder wherever you want to put it. You can name it whatever you want too. The folder is going to be completely empty when you start. Then you edit the profile and give it that folder's location and run the game. The game will put all the extra folders in there for you, including the mods folder. Then you close the game and put TFC in the mods folder along with any other mods you want to install.

thank you i thought  i had to find a pre-existing folder

its all working thank you and just a quick question while your here how do i change it so that graphite has a higher percentage of spawning and yes i have been searching in the right rock type 

I've had no trouble finding kaolinite though

and thanks for responding so quick i was expecting to wait at least a couple days

Edited by TitanJIB

There is a file in the config folder called TFCOre.cfg, you need to edit that file using a text editor. Scroll down to the section for graphite, and change the value for rarity to be a smaller number.

uh where should this folder be its not in the new folder i just created

The config folder will be right next to the mod folder that you put TFC in.

That folder is on my desktop and there is nothing next to it.

And sorry if I'm sounding stupid I'm sort of a helper on this server I play on and I know how frustrating it feels when someone is being stupid and not listening right. 

No. You make a new folder. Let's call it "NewFolder" ok? So "NewFolder" is on your desktop. Inside of "NewFolder" will be the "mods" folder. When you edit the profile on the launcher, you point it to "NewFolder"

Then you run the game, and it creates the "mods" folder. Then you put TFC inside the "mods" folder, which is inside of  "NewFolder". Then you run the game again, and it will create a "config" folder that has the config files inside of it.

Ok let me give you a rundown of what I've done so far. Created new folder named it TFC. Copied TFC pasted into forge directory. Ran mine craft and render error reappeared and no folder were created inside of TFC. I really am sorry if I'm being an idiot.

ok i got rid of the render error by making a new folder

but i ran minecraft multiple times and nothing is spawning inside

Go watch the video again. Your new folder should not go into the forge directory or the .minecraft directory.

Did you edit the profile on the Minecraft launcher so it knows about the new folder? Are you using the profile that knows about the new folder when you hit Play? All of this is explained in the video.

i found out what i did wrong i didn't click open game dir i was opening it from the desk top directly

i feel so stupid  now

I'm sorry for me being and idiot thanks for the help.

Have a good night.

Edited by TitanJIB

You should be able to do either if you pointed the game dir at the correct location.

Otherwise you're still using the one in the .minecraft folder, which means you're going to have the render issues again.

What do you have in this box?

Posted Image

In that box should be the location of the folder you put on your desktop. If you don't have the location of the folder on your desktop in that box, you are going to have the same render issues.

And on your desktop there is a folder called [1 ? And inside that folder is a folder called Terrafirma?

no the folder name is terrafirma this mac though so it might be different from windows

wait

there is a folder called 1

why is that there i didn't make it and everything is in there well i am worthy of the caveman title due to my complete stupidity 

Edited by TitanJIB