Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Balthizarlucien

More Accurate Tastes to TFC2 Foods

27 posts in this topic

While I agree that taste is an individual experience. I also believe there is such a thing as general taste. There is such a thing as good food and bad food. Why do you think certain restaurants can charge so much for their food? Yes, if you take someone from china and another from USA they will have completely different eating experiences and we always love the food we got used to eat as children.

For instance the first time I try a Taco I was 35 years old and even so 18 year have passed I still do not like Tacos, I put then in the same category as Hamburgers and Hot dogs, Junk Food.

Not a professional cooker, but I love cooking for my family and extended family on special occasions. I dislike the taste system the way is currently because is discourages the Multiplayer experience in the sense of having a cooker for the town or tribe.

All the individual components that we have now for taste could work better if when the cooker found the perfect taste food he could share with other players.

I totally see where you are coming from on this point and agree that certain ways are better. I don't feel the current taste system really discourages multiplayer experiences though.

Look at it this way: as the main cook of the family, you know how to prepare food that is pleasing across all members of the family. But at the same time you know which members of the family simply do not like certain foods and can cook accordingly. Over all though, your family probably has very similar tastes.

Now lets look at SMP for TFC1. A dedicated cook can prepare foods with advanced tool tips, which other players can see. By preparing meals for other players and asking for feed back on the tool tips values, the cook can then start to gauge the taste profile for the others on the server. Over time a multiplayer cook can and will be able to create meals which meet the preferences of all the people partaking. This is further reinforced by the fact that taste profile is derived partially from the world seed, something all player's share on a single server. 

I will admit that the current rewards for matching flavor profile are too small to make all the effort really worth it. Should some sort of sanity or well-fed buff be instated for TFC2, then players might be encouraged to have a dedicated chef in their settlement.

Personally, I love to prepare different kinds of meal for the community members on our server when I can. Being the dedicated chef would be very fun in my mind.