Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
KsterNator

Lead Crusing Weapons

10 posts in this topic

(I am sorry if this has been suggested but i have searched it up and i didnt see anything)

So Lead, its well know to be... heavy. So I think we should have Lead crushing weapons. Like a lead mace (Or hammer cuz ynot). it would give you slowness and mining fatigue, again cause its heavy.  This would just be a little feature that would be nice (heck smaking a skele with a lead bar would do more damage than a punch ;p)

Perhaps a weapon with lead in it, a lead weapon alone wouldn't be worth using, lead is too malleable.

And if it caused mining fatigue I'd never use it.

It's really no trouble to make an extremely heavy iron weapon.  Either way you can quickly make a weapon that is too heavy to be used effectively.  There's nothing magical about lead. It is mostly useful when you need more weight in a small and aerodynamic package - fishing weights, lead shot.  I won't claim to be a medieval historian by any means, but I've never heard of lead being used in a melee weapon historically.  As much as it'd be nice to see a use for lead, it just doesn't really make sense to use it in weapons.

I think the best use for lead would be for pipes, since the ancient Romans use it for that. 

I think the best use for lead would be for pipes, since the ancient Romans use it for that. 

Rule 4 please.

Sorry Kitty. I was not sure of the intentions of KsterNator. If his idea was just to add another mace to the game or to try and find a use for lead. Since I believe is redundant to add one more low level mace, that would not be more efficient than a still mace i decided to go with the second alternative and comment on other uses we could have for lead. Lead is heavy, but is also very soft, hence not good for weapons. Is not hard to make a mace made of iron so heavy that people cannot handle it. Lead as a heavy material was more commonly used in applications where we needed something small but heavy, like weight for fishing lines. Or when soft meant easy to work with like for pipes.

Actually a mace made of copper would be stronger then one made of lead. 

You have been on forum long enough to know that that discussions has been thoroughly beaten into ground. His intentions for topic were clear. Please discuss lead for use in weapons and provide productive comments on that.

I could see lead possibly being used for a low-durability blunt weapon like a primitive mace. More durability than a stone hammer, but far less than a real mace. Possibly only a single ingot's worth, as a double-ingot of lead might simply be too heavy realistically to bother swinging around.

I'dI don't ever pan or sluice, so I don't know how often those might return lead, but aside from those and lead nuggets on the surface, the only way to get lead is with a pick.  But if you have a pick you already have a more durable metal.  A better use of that pick would be to get more copper.  Now there may be a narrow use window, where the player has collected some copper nuggets, but not enough to make a weapon yet, but they have come across a lot of lead nuggets (or panned or sluiced for them?) and could use those to make a weapon, saving some of their vital copper.  It's a pretty limited use scenario though, I think.  Once you've got a pick, and found copper, your best move is to find a copper deposit.

The only way to get lead nuggets that early on is finding them on the ground. The gold pan only gives native metals, and the sluice requires a metal saw to craft.