Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
creeperbane

When can we play tfc2?

53 posts in this topic

Dats about it.

waiting for seventeen months man! cannot wait any longer!

THE SCOTTSMEN WILL TAKE IT ALL!

DEFEND OUR LANDS!

Posted Image

You can't wait? Go get it here

What are you waiting for? Just. Do. It. Don't let your dreams be dreams.

*body gesture*

In case it isn't obvious, Miner239 has linked the source code for TFC2. The only way you can play the mod is if you go take that code and compile it yourself. I wouldn't bother though, as we haven't even finished with world generation, so you won't be able to do anything other than fly around and look at stuff.

Considering that nothing has been for development other than world generation, the answer for when TFC2 will be released is "not soon."

does it take time to integrate all the gameplay stuff once the world gen done or it is the new world gen most tough to integrate..

TFC2 is a complete re-conception and rewrite of the mod. There is no "integrating all the gameplay stuff" because we're rewriting everything from scratch.

yeah yeah i know that, but okay you must first at least think about this complete re-conception!!!!

hahaha not this year so ;)

Honestly it all comes down to how I'm feeling each day. Some days I just can't focus on anything MC related and I do other stuff. These types of days can often stretch for 1-2 weeks at a time. But when I am in the mood to work on TFC, I often get a lot accomplished in a short amount of time. But because of this, I can't put a timeframe on things. As Kitty said, there is no real gameplay to speak of at this point.I'd like to get a few more major features in before I start releasing anything in a compiled form.

Honestly it all comes down to how I'm feeling each day. Some days I just can't focus on anything MC related and I do other stuff. These types of days can often stretch for 1-2 weeks at a time. But when I am in the mood to work on TFC, I often get a lot accomplished in a short amount of time. But because of this, I can't put a timeframe on things. As Kitty said, there is no real gameplay to speak of at this point.I'd like to get a few more major features in before I start releasing anything in a compiled form.

Maybe you can make a road map of where you want to go, and what you want to make in TFC2, so ppl can contribute? A little help have never hurt anyone... ;-)

alright, take all the time it needs ;)

Edited by landryx

Do you (really, applying to anyone, but I would love it if I could get an answer from a developer), foresee the development of TFC2 progressing in a similar fashion to TFC1, how the base systems were set into motion and improved with each version, will the idea be to work on a mechanic or two at a time, or are neither of those guesses correct?

Maybe you can make a road map of where you want to go, and what you want to make in TFC2, so ppl can contribute? A little help have never hurt anyone... ;-)

I thik tha would be great, any news that the developers could give us...

And even get more donators and stuff... SO maybe then your mood to work in TFC2 improves... and so on

Maybe you can make a road map

well, that could be great, but feeling of surprises are nice too you know ! ;)

Searching for bioxx and kitty posts on TFC2 is part of the fun too :)

I CANT WAIT FOR THE TFC2!!!!! lol but i will happily wait as i am sure others would agree that better to wait and have a great version of it than you guys rush it and have lots of issues ::)

One thing that I really want to refrain from doing this time is writing systems that are not well thought out and end up needing to be rewritten every 6 months. My current plan is to get to a point where I have enough basic systems in place to support gameplay on tier 0 islands and we'll release something at that point. Due to the nature of TFC in general, a lot of different systems are connected so each one needs to be in place. On top of that, I'm not always sure how I want to go about doing certain things yet, so it's taking time. More than I would have wanted.

I will say this. I don't expect to release anything until MC 1.9. A number of the combat related changes are interesting and I want to be able to take advantage of much of that. Thankfully 1.9 will not be overhauling anything major like 1.8 so Forge will probably be available for 1.9 in a timely manner after its release.

Awesome, i'm excited we will have a MC 1.9 release of TFC2 when it's ready. 

One thing that I really want to refrain from doing this time is writing systems that are not well thought out and end up needing to be rewritten every 6 months. My current plan is to get to a point where I have enough basic systems in place to support gameplay on tier 0 islands and we'll release something at that point. Due to the nature of TFC in general, a lot of different systems are connected so each one needs to be in place. On top of that, I'm not always sure how I want to go about doing certain things yet, so it's taking time. More than I would have wanted.

I will say this. I don't expect to release anything until MC 1.9. A number of the combat related changes are interesting and I want to be able to take advantage of much of that. Thankfully 1.9 will not be overhauling anything major like 1.8 so Forge will probably be available for 1.9 in a timely manner after its release.

I apologize if the timing on asking this isn't the greatest, but has any of the prior mechanics changed so far from what we know in TFC1? I noticed the feed of tweets from you and Kitty implying that the crops and torches have been implimented for TFC2 so far.

I apologize if the timing on asking this isn't the greatest, but has any of the prior mechanics changed so far from what we know in TFC1? I noticed the feed of tweets from you and Kitty implying that the crops and torches have been implimented for TFC2 so far.

Most of the prior mechanics are going to change. The reason that you haven't seen any super big changes of mechanics on our twitter feeds is because those changes are still in the planning stages. Implementing the very basics of simpler mechanics like torches, or the beginnings of agriculture even if they aren't fully fleshed out are a lot easier to do, and have something that we can actually take a screenshot of to share.

Most of the prior mechanics are going to change. The reason that you haven't seen any super big changes of mechanics on our twitter feeds is because those changes are still in the planning stages. Implementing the very basics of simpler mechanics like torches, or the beginnings of agriculture even if they aren't fully fleshed out are a lot easier to do, and have something that we can actually take a screenshot of to share.

Thanks for the feedback! I wanted to be sure if I was actually reading into those tweets too much. I can understand why you would want to get that out of the way first, though. Honestly, I'd probably do the same. I'm looking forward to the coming changes.

Over a year passed and still... not finished. Kitty, why not hiring a friend to help you? Apart from Bioxx.

Over a year passed and still... not finished. Kitty, why not hiring a friend to help you? Apart from Bioxx.

I know you mean well with this post, so I'm not going to reply with my usual rant. I will however reply with a list of clarifications so you understand why a post like this would usually get a rant as a reply:

1. Bioxx is the primary developer on TFC2, not me.
  2. I have been working solely on TFC1 for the past year, that means that in the "over a year passed" really only Bioxx has been working on it. I only just started helping out with TFC2 about a month ago.
  3. All  work on all versions of TerraFirmaCraft is done in our free time, with no pay.
  4. ​I am a full time student. I only work on TFC when I'm not working on projects, homework, studying for exams, filling out graduation and job applications, spending time with my friends and family, or just taking a break from life and relaxing.
  5. Developing TFC is nothing more than a hobby. We have lives outside of this mod that take higher priority, especially considering that we aren't getting paid for our work.
  6. Considering that nobody gets paid to work on TFC, we can't "hire a friend" to help us, because we can't pay them. We are also hesitant on including volunteers who offer their help for free, because when it comes to software development, things can get messy really quickly as you add more people to a project. It's much easier to stick to a vision for the mod when there are fewer people who have a deep understanding of that vision.

Finally, and most importantly, please understand that pestering us about the release date does more harm than good. It really doesn't motivate us, and if anything often makes us feel kind of bad, like we are letting you guys down. And when we feel bad, we do even less work because it's not fun and therefore it will take even longer before TFC2 is released.

Ok. We will wait when you are finished and then you can release your first release of TFC2.