Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
sievers808

[SOLVED] Missing / glitched textures

5 posts in this topic

If anyone else has this issue: Go to minecraft/config and open splash.properties in a text editor. Change "enabled=true" to "enabled=false" and it should resolve the problem.

Have you read, understood, and followed all of the rules listed in large text at the top of the support forum? (Yes/No): Yes TFC Version #: 0.79.24.816Forge Version #:  1492 and 1448 SSP/SMP (SinglePlayer/MultiPlayer): SMP Have you deleted your config files or are using default configs and are still able to reproduce this bug? (Yes/No): Yes Do you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed? (Yes/No): Yes (but I get the same issue without them)If yes, which mods?

NEI (w/ TFC plugin) and CodeChickenCore

FastCraft

Optifine If you have Optifine or Cauldron installed, can you still reproduce the bug after uninstalling them? (Yes/No): Yes Pastebin.com link of the Crash Report: Don't have a crash, nothing of interest shows up in the launcher log.Description: Some items and textures are showing up as white boxes, sometimes they have colored pixels in them, sometimes they are JUST colored pixels without the white backdrop. This occurs with items in inventory as well as things like sticks/rocks on the surface or items dropped on the ground.

When I first noticed this, it was happening to rocks and sticks, I scrolled through NEI and found a lot of textures that looked the same, at a passing glance most of them appeared to be tool heads.

First thing I did was remove all other mods. No change. Erased Minecraft and reinstalled it fresh. No change. I tried both Forge 1448 and 1492 and multiple versions of Optifine to no avail. Then randomly I changed the graphics in-game to "Fast" and it suddenly appeared to be fixed, but only momentarily and now other items were affected. Switching the gfx quality did nothing after that one time.

I've googled but haven't found anyone with any issues like this. I've reinstalled multiple times, with mods, without mods, with this Forge and that Forge, everything I know to try.

I'm running on a Macbook Pro from mid-2014, it runs Minecraft very well even with 60+ mods.

Anyways if anyone has any ideas I'd be glad to try them. I had another screenshot but for whatever reason I'm being told it's too big to upload even though it's only 400KB, but w/e. If you need to see any other screenshots let me know and I'll try to get them. 

post-19314-0-41683300-1443058143_thumb.p

Edited by sievers808

Don't have much to suggest. I run a mac and although I've never had an issue with TFC, in past I had a lot of graphical glitches on my old computer. The lame tech services response, but have you tried rebooting your computer. It seemed for me that after a certain length of up time my Mac's GPU would just lose it. Restarting seemed to fix the issue.

When i used to use optifine with ATI/AMD cards on windows 7x64, i would get the same problem - specifically with things on tool racks or inside containers.I've had an issue in the most recent build, where all the rocks on the ground appeared as small pieces of smooth minecraft stone, but relogging fixed it (probably my fault because i alt tabbed.) I'm curious as to the actual capacity of your gpu, make, model, driver etc ... bad drivers throw everything these days, my desktop crashes to blue screens playing minecraft if i dont update the drivers for my 7750HD for a prolonged period of time.Also, make sure you're not running the mac equivalent of stuff like Raptr "Gaming Evolved" - that throws up all sorts of weird shit on Windows and its not worth the hard drive space, frankly as it causes the display drivers to lock up frequently for some odd reason.

Update your graphics card drivers, and turn off mipmapping in the video settings of Minecraft.

Since I'm running a mac there really are no "drivers" like Windows has, it's all updated and run through the OS. I have rebooted and disabled mipmaps but it had no effect.

I'm going to try and see if Minecraft is running on the discreet video card instead of kicking over to the performance one. I dunno if this will make a difference though because TFC is the only mod that causes this to happen. When I have my other modpack installed there are no issues... This leads me to believe that it has something to do with TFC itself. But I'm going to check out which card it's running on, nonetheless.

EDIT: So Minecraft is using the high performance graphics, which is what I expected. That card is an Nvidia GeForce GT 750M with 2GB VRAM. More than powerful enough. And like I said before this glitch only happens with TFC installed so it's gotta be something with the mod that's causing it...

EDIT: Apparently I can "fix" it by randomly changing the mipmap levels and type, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes it gets fixed when I set it to trilinear. Sometimes I have to set the level to 4 and type to nearest... There's no pattern to it, it just seems to sometimes fix itself when the graphics are reloaded.

I also just remembered that the Forge splash screen (with the anvil where it builds the mod configs) was causing me some grief when I first put mods onto this Mac. I was getting wonky text at the main menu. Disabling that splash screen in splash.properties fixed my text issue but I had since reinstalled Forge and I didn't get that issue anymore so I left it alone. I just went in and disabled it again and it appears that I can now restart the game repeatedly and no longer see this issue...

I'm not sure if this is resolved yet, let me screw around in the environment for a while to see if things change.

After rebooting and recreating many worlds and messing around with the graphics settings to try to get it to come back it appears to be resolved.

In case anyone else has this issue, just go to your minecraft/config folder and open splash.properties in a text editor. Change "enabled=true" to "enabled=false" and it should fix the problem.

I'm not sure why this mod is the only one that causes Forge to do this wonky thing... But w/e, I'm just glad that I can actually have a go at TFC now.

Edited by sievers808