Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FiGi

This mod needs so much grinding or is it just me?

13 posts in this topic

Its very slow to progress in this game, not to mention the lost time when u hide at nights. Does this bothers anyone else or is it just me?

The problem is not the event, the problem is how you face it.

Yes, it does bother us all. But some of us decided that it was the part of fun, and we had fun because of that. Who doesn't like that last hit of your last double plate which would be your first bloomery?

I do not agree that the grinding is excessive.It does exist but in specific points of progression.Basically, in a new world:Explore and find a secure place for the first nightExplore and collect wooden stick, rocks, seeds, food, clay, animalsMake a shelter plant and enjoy the night to do jugs and vessels (maybe clay molds)Explore ores to mark location (this time copper is the best resource)Or do the terrible grinding to get copper with the panning / sluicing 

Grinding envolve to do the same thing again and again, and tfc at start to middle game the todo is changing every time you reach the last objective.But in another perspective im sure all is grinding all i do is pressing keyboar and moving the mouse lokking at monitor, in any game i play. conclusion all is grind.

----------------IMO: TFC is more living than surviving.Grindind is more felling than fact. 

TFC is definitely a completely different experience. I find it best to take your time. Speeding through progression can make it feel grindy.

It is also best played with others. Some aspects you find grindy your friend may enjoy. I find mining meditative. I'll mine out a vein even when I don't need the ore. The same with smithing. Working the forge is very enjoyable for me.

Nice to read others enjoy this kind of meditative mining too. In my last game I did not even finish my stone house but I piled up close to 40 blocks (64 ingots per block) of gold. Thats close to 250.000 units of mined gold. In addition it was my first world where I achieved black steel, tamed and bred sheeps, cows, horses and chickens... and finally had a gold tamed mule. Never proceeded  from my first wood home on tree trunk pillars...

Well, I bought a new PC recently and started a new world. I have a small stone home because I invested two evenings to create and delete new worlds in order to start in a nice forrest on marble stone, flux was easy to obtain this way.

Yes, this mod can be grinding. My way is to play single player and I always play on peaceful. This gives me additional times at night. I do not enjoy to fight mobs. I do invest a lot of time for terraforming and to prettify my abandoned mine shafts and pit pining holes. It wasted time of course, but since when as playing a computer game not been a waste of time?

Just enjoy the grind, or try to avoid it.

The typical response would be that TFC is made for multiplayer. But I think it's still enjoyable enough for single player and would hope the mod never becomes unfeasible for single player. TFC is a lot of fun because things take longer, in my opinion, especially since vanilla minecraft objectives (ending with the battle with the dragon) can be "completed" in a single play session. 

I'm now playing 7 days to die and i think it shares a lot of the same grind as TFC. Still, that does not deter me from playing it alone.

Edited by Terex

It wasted time of course, but since when as playing a computer game not been a waste of time?

:D True.

I like the pace of the game.  I don't understand people who play this type of game and rush to the end, like it's a race.  <_<

I like that the game is a lot slower than mc. But going to extremes kills the fun of it.

Check the configs. There are a lot of things you can customize to try and get the play experience you want.

@Figi, try to play "minecraft is to easy", you'll easily find that TFC muuuuuch more smoother  B)

Edited by landryx

So many answers, is amazing how the players that love the game jump to protect it.

I like the slow pace and actually have advocated for an even slower progress.

I wish it was possible to spend even more time in the stone age.

read my make stone age longer post.

So many answers, is amazing how the players that love the game jump to protect it.

I like the slow pace and actually have advocated for an even slower progress.

I wish it was possible to spend even more time in the stone age.

read my make stone age longer post.

I think this may have hit the nail on the head.

The transition from stone to bronze age can be *very* quick, whereas to progress further you are really held back by factors such as the amount of metal it takes to make the bloomery, and (in particular) the blast furnace.

Perhaps it's not "too grindy" later on, it's just too quick in the beginning.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0