Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
FiGi

Framerate issues...

15 posts in this topic

So i get framerate issues when traveling and sometimes in a dense woods area, any ideas how to improve? Should i lower video settings? I use fastcraft and h3d r.pack. My specs: Intel core 2 quad q8300 @2.5 ghz, 4gb ddr3, Ati Radeon HD 5700.

Best way to increase frame rate is to reduce chunk render distance (i.e. visibility range). Also, you can play at lower resolution by first changing your desktop resolution to something less. Of course, play on fast graphics in the MC menu.

Since you only have 4 GB of RAM I would not dedicate more than 2 GB to minecraft. Also some Java arguments can help a lot.

Since you only have 4 GB of RAM I would not dedicate more than 2 GB to minecraft. Also some Java arguments can help a lot.

u mean those lines that u put in the launcher where u also allocate memory for mc? i have these and i dont know what they mean :D-Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M -Xmx2048M -Xms2048M  

i know the last two is to make mc use 2gb memory 

Thats the one, now to be sure you have the right arguments we would need to know what OS version you have, if it is 32 or 64 Bits. Also depending on that you would need to make sure you have the right Java Version for your OS.

u mean those lines that u put in the launcher where u also allocate memory for mc? i have these and i dont know what they mean :D-Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M -Xmx2048M -Xms2048M  

i know the last two is to make mc use 2gb memory 

You have duplicate entries in there, and the game always uses the first one and ignores other, so your game does not have more than 1 GB allocated to it.

Allocating more ram helps reduce lag issues (when you notice all ram is used in F3), but i'm not sure it actually improves your maximum frame rates per se...

Edited by Terex

Allocating more ram helps reduce lag issues (when you notice all ram is used in F3), but i'm not sure it actually improves your maximum frame rates per se...

This isn't true. If you allocate too much RAM you'll get just as much lag if not worse spikes than not having enough allocated.

This isn't true. If you allocate too much RAM you'll get just as much lag if not worse spikes than not having enough allocated.

I have not experienced this personally but I wont argue against you on this.

EDIT: I meant to say having enough ram allocated would not mean your maximum fps goes up magically. If you really do not have enough ram allocated, TFC would run like garbage, meaning crippling fps of 5 or less. That i know from personal experience. As soon as sufficient ram is allocated, adding a bit more wont make much difference compared to other options i suggested earlier. 

Edited by Terex

Thats the one, now to be sure you have the right arguments we would need to know what OS version you have, if it is 32 or 64 Bits. Also depending on that you would need to make sure you have the right Java Version for your OS.

i use win7 64 bit

You have duplicate entries in there, and the game always uses the first one and ignores other, so your game does not have more than 1 GB allocated to it.

um, i think it says 2gb

Posted Image

That screenshot also says you have 78 fps, so not sure what you are complaining about...

Either way:

-Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M -Xmx2048M -Xms2048M

You are using the Xmx argument twice, and you need to get rid of the first one.

That screenshot also says you have 78 fps, so not sure what you are complaining about...

Either way:

-Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M -Xmx2048M -Xms2048M

You are using the Xmx argument twice, and you need to get rid of the first one.

yeah when i load the game and stand in place the framerate skyrockets, but when i explore it drops ... anyway i will use this argument now and will write if theres an improvement

-Xmn1G -Xms1G -Xmx2G -XX:NewSize=512M -XX:SurvivorRatio=2 -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -d64 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+AggressiveOpts

i think while you stay in one place the chunk loading 3d rendering etc is half completed, while you walking to a new area new 3d models, chunk processing etc etc is coming, is normal the FPS drop, but is 2  diferent scenarios.This not happens in normal MC?

While im self hosting my singlegame my chunk loading freeze and caus a hyge lag spikes, fx buldozer (Imo) and your multicore is crap for this.If i playing in mp server not hosted in my pc, the game run smooth. 

Edited by CalangoMC

i think while you stay in one place the chunk loading 3d rendering etc is half completed, while you walking to a new area new 3d models, chunk processing etc etc is coming, is normal the FPS drop, but is 2  diferent scenarios.This not happens in normal MC?

While im self hosting my singlegame my chunk loading freeze and caus a hyge lag spikes, fx buldozer (Imo) and your multicore is crap for this.If i playing in mp server not hosted in my pc, the game run smooth.

TFC is well known to be far more processor intensive than vanilla minecraft. Minecraft or any game in general does not do much with multiple cores. World Generation which appears to be what is causing your lag issues has to run on a single core for a number of reasons. There is really nothing that can be done about this if your processor can't keep up.