Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
CalangoMC

Olive breaking block machine / Rhyolite cobble generator

9 posts in this topic

Simple rhyolite generator and Olive block break, usefull to easy gather cobblestone to roads and huge projects.

You can actually configure it in a way that you don't even need the piston for generating rhyolite.

You can actually configure it in a way that you don't even need the piston for generating rhyolite.

You mean, with the auto-breaking block or manual break?For manual breaking dont need the piston, but for auto-breaking need because the fall of cobblestone break the hopper, and if you put the hopper bellow the rhyolite generated its break the lava and not produce rhyolite.

Edited by CalangoMC

Ha, didn't know you could generate native TFC smooth stone (at least you couldn't in 79.18: you would get vanilla smooth stone and cobblestone). I played around a bit, and this is the design I came up with:

Posted Image

Above the piston head, there is a lava source block, retracting the piston using the lever, will make the lava fall. A rhyolite block will generate and pop off immediately. A lot of blocks will get burnt, but the rate of creation is quite fast, so it does not really matter. Bonus: no redstone clock.

Actually nice to have access to mass producible filler blocks. Not really OP, considering you need red and blue steel.

The way I made this was by generating the rhyolite block straight into the smooth stone block above the hopper. This instantly drops the cobblestone. You can even AFK in the smooth block to harvest the cobble automatically (aslong as the olives last ofc). This worked for aslong as I played into b79. 

As far as I know, you can't autoproduce smooth stone in b79. You also don't need red or blue steel for making cobble. Just a lava and a water source nearby will suffice.

I tried your (attempt at I assume raw rhyolite) generator design, crystalcrag. Only vanilla stone formed, no raw rhyolite. I used b79.17. That design (or atleast the idea) used to work and was widely used in b78 though.

Only vanilla stone formed, no raw rhyolite. I used b79.17.

There's your problem. The latest version of TFC is 79.24, with 79.25 coming out in a week or two that has a handful of water/lava bugfixes.

Also, "Just lava and water nearby will suffice" is much easier said than done, which is why it generally requires either a red or blue steel bucket.

Ah, no. That is a bug. It's been fixed for .25 and the cobblestone will crush the hopper.

I understand now. That's why I mentioned the version I last played, because I thought later versions might've changed the behaviour which it did apparently.