Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
eogen

[Solved] Issue with Calendar time in Modded SMP TFC

7 posts in this topic

Have you read, understood, and followed all of the rules listed in large text at the top of the support forum? (Yes/No):  Yes

TFC Version #: [1.7.10]TerraFirmaCraft-0.79.24.816.jar 

Forge Version #:  forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-1.7.10-universal.jar

SSP/SMP (SinglePlayer/MultiPlayer):  SMP

Have you deleted your config files or are using default configs and are still able to reproduce this bug? (Yes/No): No, but config changes minor, and detailed below (from diff)

Server Properties:

server-port=25567

level-seed=1220664886838089196

TFCConfig.cfg

B:enableCaveIns=false
 S:cropGrowthModifier=5.0
 I:decayProtectionDays=60
 S:foodDecayMultiplier=0.25
 I:normalOreUnits=50
 I:poorOreUnits=30
 I:richOreUnits=70
 I:smallOreUnits=20
 B:enableOverworkingChunks=false

TFCOre.cfg

Rarities generally halved, but not fewer than 20.

TFC-Tweaks.cfg

B:disableZombieFlesh=true
B:stackOnPickup=true

The rest are vanilla configs.

Do you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed? (Yes/No): Yes
If yes, which mods?

[1.7.10]LeatherWaterSac-3.8.B79.jar
[1.7.10]TerraFirmaCraft-0.79.24.816.jar
[1.7.10]TerraMisc-0.6.2.jar
[1.7.10]TFCUdaryMod-0.2.28.jar
TFC-Tweaks-1.7.10-0.3.0.11.jar

If you have Optifine or Cauldron installed, can you still reproduce the bug after uninstalling them? (Yes/No): No

Pastebin.com link of the Crash Report: No Crash

Description: 

While players (at this point, only me) are connected, time forwards as normal.  When players are disconnected, calendar time reverts to an earlier period.  Last night, disconnected when it was August, 1000.  Connected this morning it was June, 1000.

Had this issue on a more heavily modded server, and rebuilt using fewer mods, attempting to eliminate issue.  Have seen pit kilns with waila saying they had months left to go, etc.

No errors or mention of time in server console.  No crash.

Generally speaking, if the calendar resets to specifically June 1st, 1000 the vanilla 

/time set day

command has been used. That command doesn't actually set the calendar to the next day, it just resets the server timer to 0. In vanilla Minecraft this doesn't matter since nothing is running off of a calendar timer, but in TFC it resets the calendar back to the first day of the calendar, which is June 1st, 1000.

Generally speaking, if the calendar resets to specifically June 1st, 1000 the vanilla 

/time set day

command has been used. That command doesn't actually set the calendar to the next day, it just resets the server timer to 0. In vanilla Minecraft this doesn't matter since nothing is running off of a calendar timer, but in TFC it resets the calendar back to the first day of the calendar, which is June 1st, 1000.

I do understand that.  But I am not entering /time set day on the console.  (Though I have done /time add XXXXX to re-forward the calendar.) 

I have generated a new copy of the server with the default configs, and will see if the behavior continues there.

So, I am doing a bit of higher-resolution checking, and I see that the clock is actually decrementing, even in the version with the default configs.

While logged in, time seems to operate properly.

When server has no activity for a certain period, time decrements.

I built the default-config server this AM to get the default config files to diff with the ones I was using on the real server.  After posting original message, I started the server, and did /time add until I got Calendar to 7 AUG 1001.  Verified by connecting with client at [10:59:19].  I connected again at [11:54:55] and Calendar was 4 AUG 1001.  I connected again at [12:55:28] and Calendar was at 1 AUG 1001.

So it appears to be going backwards at about four days per hour realtime.

Edited by eogen

Can you reproduce this with only TFC installed? It looks to me like one of the addons is messing up the server sleep function, in which TFC slows down the passage of time when no players are online.

Can you reproduce this with only TFC installed? It looks to me like one of the addons is messing up the server sleep function, in which TFC slows down the passage of time when no players are online.

I am going to try to set up a bunch and see which one(s) duplicate the behavior.  Is there a console command I can execute to see the Calendar time without having to build a bunch of client mod combinations?

OK, my poor server is crying under the load, but I have got 5 additional MC servers running.  TFC plain, Plus TFC + 1 each of the mods.  I'll update in an hour.

Edited by eogen

TFC - No Time elapsed
TFC + Sac: - No Time elapsed

TFC + Tweaks - No Time elapsed

TFC + Udary  - No Time elapsed

TFC + Misc - Negative Time Elapsed.

I guess I have my answer.