Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Arctic_Wolfy

[Answered] TFC/TiC Compatibility question

8 posts in this topic

I just have a simple question about compatibility and that is, Is Tinkers Construct (and add-ons, such as Iguana Tweaks) compatible with TerraFirmaCraft?

(P.S. I wasn't sure which thread to put this in, but the Support thread says questions too so I guess it would be that one.)

Out of the box? Very very unlikely. I don't know how tweakable TiC is, but even if it is it would require a lot of changes and I'm not sure if you could ever achieve balance. You won't know unless you try.

Without using something like Minetweaker or other 3rd party mods to bridge some of the incompatibilities, no.

One of the biggest incompatibilities is the fact that there is no vanilla sand or gravel in TFC, so you'd need to add new recipes to make grout in order to make your smeltery.

TiC is not by default compatible with TFC. With Minetweaker, some TFC metals can be added as materials for TiC, but as far as I can tell, new materials cannot be created, meaning your stuck with copper, iron, and a few other metals for direct conversions. As far as TiC tool functionality goes, most tools work out of the box, except for the lumber axe and hatchet (haven't tested excavator yet). Lumber axe is basically useless as axe fell whole trees. TFC has the ability to register tools of ore dictioary value itemAxe as axes, but from trying to add TiC to Technofirma, I know that this cannot be done with MT (from discussing it with someone who knows java, it probably has somethine to do with when the hatchet is ore dicted, and when TFC checks for it). Keep in mind that TFC blocks have a ridiculus hardness value set on them compared to vanilla blocks, so unmodified tools will work quite slowly compared to what you expierance in vanilla.

Every thing noted... Sounds to hard to do ATM. So I'll go w/o it. Also, very interesting... My first world was unusable b/c I was stuck on a group of islands with no clay. And propably woulf of died before I got to more land. I might submit it as a bug or something... B/c it's suppose to be hard, not impossible.

It isn't a bug it is just the reality of procedurally generated worlds.

Every thing noted... Sounds to hard to do ATM. So I'll go w/o it. Also, very interesting... My first world was unusable b/c I was stuck on a group of islands with no clay. And propably woulf of died before I got to more land. I might submit it as a bug or something... B/c it's suppose to be hard, not impossible.

Ya, that just happens sometimes.  Arid island starts are a bit unusual in my experience, but arid lands with no clay, not that terribly unusual.  It can make for an interesting start though - just travel until you find land with enough moisture for clay.  Along the way you'll probably pick up enough copper to make all your basic tools when you arrive, no panning necessary.  You can also kill all the animals you find along the way, since you probably won't be back for them.  As long as there's some trees around, you'll probably survive.  Without trees, it gets harder.

Ya, that just happens sometimes.  Arid island starts are a bit unusual in my experience, but arid lands with no clay, not that terribly unusual.  It can make for an interesting start though - just travel until you find land with enough moisture for clay.  Along the way you'll probably pick up enough copper to make all your basic tools when you arrive, no panning necessary.  You can also kill all the animals you find along the way, since you probably won't be back for them.  As long as there's some trees around, you'll probably survive.  Without trees, it gets harder.

The problem is that I'd have to swim... Since I'm on islands. So I wouldn't find any copper or animals. And I would probably die of thirst before I could get any where. And it had copper IIRC. But w/o clay, no way to use it.