Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Devlin

Enchants!

56 posts in this topic

ok so i know there is an enchantment system post out there, and i have seen plenty of enchanting system ideas out there and a few enchants suggested. but there does not seem to be a thread desiganted to just enchants. so here is your chance. post your ideas, enchants you would like to see in TFCraft. lets try to fill this thread up with a ton of great ideas.

Remember, list the enchants in an easy to follow way, enchant followed by iths effect and purpose. and any other tibits you might want to see added to the enchat itself, like the more _____ you kill the stronger the enchant gets. or during the day this causes more damage.

and remember to be constructive not destructive. if you see something that you think is either a terrible idea or explained in a terrible way, instead of attack the person, please give ideas to either improve or change the idea. give reasons for why you think it needs to be altered and help the community out by helping to build or improve upon your own and ideas and the ideas of others.

This isn't really it's own enchantment, per se, but I feel vanilla looting mechanic should disappear and be spread out amongst the various mob slayer enchantments. The sharpness effect could also stand to be nerfed in comparison to the mob slayers just to render them less useless.

In the other thread I also suggested seasonal farm tool enchantments that increase the crop yield of the relevant seasonal crops. Since seasonal crops don't actually exist I'll pretend what I meant to say was 'enchantments that increase the crop yield according to the season the enchantment was developed.

Also night-time bonus enchantment. I don't feel a day-time bonus is a good idea because you'll normally be playing during the day anyway, though sunrise and sunset enchantments, or full moon enchantments with more significant boosts might be a viable idea.

Also also some kind of axe that have a slim chance of getting charcoal from tree drops.

We should probably keep discussion regarding how to acquire the enchantments in the enchantment mechanic thread though.

The tornado mod (can't find it anymore) has to tools that would be perfect for high level earth enchants (very high).

Tunnel-drill: basically in one hit it drills a fairly deep tunnel in the direction your facing. flinging all the contents behind you.

Shockwave: when you hit the ground a large shockwave will send anything into the air in that direction.

Taking a leaf from my D&D roots - mob bane

Dispense with looting and sharpness, and make mob-specific enchants that deal extra damage to one mob and increase the likelihood of their drops being increased.

Woah, bsb, that's kind of a little strong, don't you think?

Ya, I did say very high end they are a little OP but they are fun as heck to use. We would have to have someway to minimize the tunnel drill's use otherwise people will just tear up there world with ease. It still is lots of fun and on this topic his tornado is actually extremely awesome looking and would work in the weather section.

Say... I know 'thaumcraft' is kindof a dirty word in this forum, but... maybe a pick enchant that kinda mimics the pickaxe of the core? You know, mines out a chunk of blocks instead of one at a time?

It would be a godsend when dealing with those fucking MASSIVE ore veins you sometimes get that end up looking like generated caves in their own right once you've cleared them out.

No wisp obviously, that'd be stupid as hell

Yeah, just thinking out loud here...mostly subjective gameplay thoughts...because of the nature of the game (Minecraft -> building, sandbox, ect) everything comes down to the most you're capable of doing at any one point. For this reason the best you're able to do should be limited to something reasonable or else you're just going to be playing Tornado Wandâ„¢ the game. This might seem a-okay in a single player mode (where you might as well be playing in creative mode), but in multiplayer, the degree of craziness that could happen in mere minutes just gets way too out of hand.

Venom aspect. Sword/Mace enchant. Two levels. Higher chance of inflicting poison at second level.

Carbonization: axe enchant. You only get a small amount of wood from your tree drops. The rest gives you a small amount of charcoal. Let's just say that ash gives you a 1:1 ratio of charcoal to wood. So cutting down an ash tree with 8 logs would give two logs, and 3 charcoal (25% wood drop, half of the charcoal you would normally get from the rest) (1 level)

Molten: ores you mine are automatically smelted. You always get the minimum amount of metal so cassiterite you always get 15%. If you have no molds on your inventory, you lose the ore. At level 2, you have a 1/2 chance of getting minimum ratio and 1/2 chance of getting the normal random distribution.

Carbonization: axe enchant. You only get a small amount of wood from your tree drops. The rest gives you a small amount of charcoal. Let's just say that ash gives you a 1:1 ratio of charcoal to wood. So cutting down an ash tree with 8 logs would give two logs, and 3 charcoal (25% wood drop, half of the charcoal you would normally get from the rest) (1 level)

Lol you liked my name for that one eh?

Also, vampiric enchant - steals HP from mobs

Lol you liked my name for that one

Yes. "charcoalification" is what I called it.

I'd like to add my own high/very high level enchantments :3 Both for boots

-No name yet-I/II/III: Grants you the hability to jump 2/3/4 blocks instead of 1 while you've the boots on you.

-Spider spirit: Grants you with the hability to climb up walls like spiders does.

EDIT: spiderpig, spiderpig(8)

-No name yet-I/II/III: Grants you the hability to jump 2/3/4 blocks instead of 1 while you've the boots on you.

-Spider spirit: Grants you with the hability to climb up walls like spiders does.

Heheheh I like those (btw ability, not hability :) ). Hmmm how about Feather Weight for that first one?

I was going to say springy. Also how about spider walking drains your stamina quite fast and you can't with less than 3 stamina (like sprinting). Also how about an enchant called "subtlety" for pro picks that allowed them to see more than one ore. I'm wary of pro pick modifications but this wouldn't make finding ores any easier, it would just make it so the giant vein of olivine isn't drowning out the native copper behind it. Maybe at level one it shows 2 ores and at level 2 it shows three.

Just call jumping jumping, lol

And maybe spider climb instead of spider spirit?

how about spider walking drains your stamina quite fast and you can't with less than 3 stamina (like sprinting). Also how about an enchant called "subtlety" for pro picks that allowed them to see more than one ore. I'm wary of pro pick modifications but this wouldn't make finding ores any easier, it would just make it so the giant vein of olivine isn't drowning out the native copper behind it. Maybe at level one it shows 2 ores and at level 2 it shows three.

...I love you for this. All of my +1s

although perhaps 'sensitivity' would be a more appropriate name...

Extend: increases weapon reach. (reach increased based on level)

Magic Head: on mace only, a magic copy of the mace flies out on use, dealing a small amount of damage too all enemies in it's path. (damage increased based on level)

Piercing: weapon damage ignores armor or any other resistances. (only one level)

Night Vision: helmet enchant, makes all lighting look as bright as possible. (only one level)

Swimming: boot enchant, allows for normal movement speed in water (No, going through water for Steve is not swimming, it's bobbing). (only one level)

Flash: all enemies get temporary white-out on swing. works every 10 swings. (time increased and interval decreased based on level)

Blind: enemies get temporary (longer) black-out on hit. works every 4 hits. (time increased and interval decreased based on level)

Stun: your enemies next attack does no damage. works every 3 hits. (interval decreased based on level)

Shield: chest-plate enchant, blocks 1 hit. Regens every 4 seconds. (interval decreased based on level)

Swiftness: leggings enchant, increases speed. (speed increase increases based on level)

Chopper: Decreases the interval between hits. (decrease increases based on level)

:D

Edit: OMG, I thought of more!

Big Hits: Increases the size of the retical, allowing weapons to hit multiple enimies, and tools to break multiple blocks. (amount of things affected increases with level)

Swings: Hit all enemies in front of you. Works every 5 swings. (interval decreases with level)

Cleave: Increases the size of the retical, allowing weapons to hit multiple enimies, and tools to break multiple blocks. (amount of things affected increases with level)

Great cleave: Hit all enemies in front of you. Works every 5 swings. (interval decreases with level)

Why is this all I can think of

Cleave: Increases the size of the retical, allowing weapons to hit multiple enimies, and tools to break multiple blocks. (amount of things affected increases with level)

Great Cleave: Hit all enemies in front of you. Works every 5 swings. (interval decreases with level)

Why is this all I can think of
I will point out that Big Hits works with tools too.

One thing: instead of "this ability works once every 4 hits," make it "this ability has a 25% chance of activating" functionally the same, but less reliable.

One thing: instead of "this ability works once every 4 hits," make it "this ability has a 25% chance of activating" functionally the same, but less reliable.

Hmm... I know I prefer less randomization, so I like the idea of every x hits. In the end, the way to apply will be up to bioxx, so if he wants it in precentages, he can make that modifacation.

I do, however, think that it would be a good alternative.

Okay whatever. From an expected value perspective they are identical. But if you're anti-randomness can you join the anti-random pro-simple argument over on the other enchantment thread? We're running out if arguments.

I'm going to have to switch from my Han Solo skin if this one is implemented.

Reflect I/II/III/IV/V: Armor only enchantment, reflects hits/projectiles every 10 if they hit the enchanted armor -so if a skeletons shots you in the chest and you have a helmet whit the enchantment, the arrow won't be reflected-. Enchantment level increases chances.

Certainty: Prospector pick only, the expensiver enchantment ever, only doable if a lighting hits the enchantment table. Grants the prospector pick with a extremely better ore detection ability, BUT lowers it's durability so it only has 3 uses left.

Fireproof: Armor only enchantment, you can't be damaged by fire or lava while using any Fireproof armor, but it does depletes it's durability.

For the random versus anti-random, do the need to be mutually exclusive? (at least for the actual enchantments) Why could we not have dependable, non-random enchants, and other enchants that provide similar benefits randomly but with greater strength?

IE, a boot enchant called "Featherfall" that reduces all fall damage by 25%, and another enchant that has a 25% to completely negate damage from a fall called "Featherfall Roulette"? :D

For the random versus anti-random, do the need to be mutually exclusive? (at least for the actual enchantments) Why could we not have dependable, non-random enchants, and other enchants that provide similar benefits randomly but with greater strength?

IE, a boot enchant called "Featherfall" that reduces all fall damage by 25%, and another enchant that has a 25% to completely negate damage from a fall called "Featherfall Roulette"? :D

Nice! I like that. One thing though; get rid of the greater strength thing. Random can allready do better than dependable under certain cercumstances.