Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Devlin

Enchants!

56 posts in this topic

Isn't that pretty much adding perks/boons/stats, instead of captioning it like an enchant, why don't you make it into a prefix, like "sharp," or "vorpal" if you get that far, or simply add a plus # as a suffix, it is less obvious that you sharpened the sword, but you personally know this, all the plus # would to is mean that someone along the lines made it better.

[so adding a pommel for faster swinging, a guard would add blocking strength, and sharpening would add sharpness, so you'd get a -Material- Sword +3, instead of spamming prefixes, or captioned text]

It seems more preferable, but not all of these things should be named, namely the protection the boots provide, that should be obvious.

Jeweled swords, seems more like a vanity item.

Of course wearing full plating is conducive of slowing, it should be innate, rather than obvious like an enchant.

gamble:when you mine an ore, it gives a chance of dropping something else.

i don't know if the fertility one is possible. maybe, actually it probably is.

(scythe) regrowth 1-3 There is a 4%/8%/16% chance that the block the scythe broke reforms immediately and a 3%/6%/12% chance that the other blocks the scythe broke (the surrounding 3*3*3) will reform immediately. This uses an extra durability point when it happens.

(chisel) flawless only 1 level: 8 blocks of smooth stone with the chisel makes a single block of clean stone.

(saw) wasteless only 1 level: 2 logs with the saw makes 7 planks instead of the normal 6 it would make otherwise

these two needed special recipes cuz you can't use the normal ones.

Chisel idea I like a lot, and Saw one is interesting. For the Scythe one, I kind of want to point out something from pre-release 25's changelog:

"Sapling drop chance (scythe) is now 4% from 3%"

Basically your regrowth idea at the first level happens at the exact same rate you get saplings with a scythe for the block it's used on. I think that's a bit overpowered, especially when the highest rank is 4x that. Same problem with the 3x3x3 area chances. It may be smaller percentages, but since it can effect up to 8 blocks (since you have to break one to reach the middle) I can forsee someone having a near-neverending stick/sapling supply.

Reaper (scythe): Mobs killed drop double exp/mana/whateverthefuckwe'reusingforenchants

note, this does not make the scythe do more damage, or even make it count as a weapon (it still takes 2x durability damage hitting mobs). It's still just a scythe, but now it's more effective at drawing out 'souls' if you will

Reaper (scythe): Mobs killed drop double exp/mana/whateverthefuckwe'reusingforenchants

note, this does not make the scythe do more damage, or even make it count as a weapon (it still takes 2x durability damage hitting mobs). It's still just a scythe, but now it's more effective at drawing out 'souls' if you will

How delightfully evil. At least that's what would be in my head as I used it. ^_^

Wonderful, but we just all got showed up by blue, and his ideas are very airtight and I don't see the way we've been thinking of enchants going over well with him...