Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
izzy1488

[Request] Witchery

12 posts in this topic

Hello all the people that I have watched post over the years.. I have played TFC forever now, but this will be my first post. So, I was wondering if anyone out there has created any compatibility scripts or anything to make Witchery work with TFC. The mod works with no tinkering or anything as it stands now, some of the saplings would even give fumes until the lastest update for TFC... it just needs some recipe changes and tweaks to some of the items I believe, like for the oven so it can burn sticks and tfc coal. I have tried to get it to work myself for a long time but have had no success.. I tend to just cheat in the vanilla and stuff I need. Before I posted this I searched the web and the forum for this topic and found nothing. I believe at one point Mronewolf had a partial compabiblity patch but I am not sure.

Anyways... if someone could do this or already has something I could use, I would be very grateful.

I should add that it works almost perfectly in TFC 79.15. only one sapling won't give fumes I believe, the recipes and world gen work too. And I have no clue how to make scripts or whatever for it to work with the current TFC... ugh.. it would go so nicely with TFC too in my opinion..

Edited by izzy1488

yo!  I was just discussing some magic mods in TFC over here, and failed to remember witchery.  I definitely would say it comes to the closest to jiving with the vibe of TFC!  It's good to hear it basically almost works already.

If the only problem you're seeing is the incompatibility of recipes, then we'd probably just need something like Minetweaker 3!

I won't have the time to grab the mod and play around with the recipes, but I've used it before and it's very easy to get into, I highly recommend you grab it and see if you can add the sticks/coal/etc to make the two mods work.  Then, throw the script online and share it here! :D

Witchery's spirit dimension will not work at all with TFC as far as I know, without a complete revamp. Same with the cities. You can get the plants and the potions and stuff to work without TOO much hassle, but Witchery has a lot of stuff.

To get it working properly would be a big undertaking, but if sacrifices are made a bunch of it could be made compatible

Thanks for the replies! I've played around with it.. but I am not very good at editing mods to make things work correctly=/ I know that the world strutures spawn in the world, I've found hob goblin huts and wickermen, the wickermen spawn with vanilla dirt under them. I've been using the technofirma mod pack and it has ways to make a few vanilla items such as dirt. So.. so other then the dream world.. there needs to be a way to find seeds, the oven doesn't burn anything and the recipes aren't working. I do know that in a few eariler versions of TFC, the recipes worked, the oven worked, and you could get all but one fume from saplings.. all but the bitch one I think? I played it alot actually... I never could go to the spirit realm though so Just cheated things in that I couldn't aquire legit.... Anyways. Thanks again for the replies.. I shall try to play around with mineteaker and if I get the recipes working I'll post a link to whatever I make... I won't however be able to make the oven work.

Just attempted adding Witchery into Terrafirmapunk modpack myself and knew that the TFC core is dimensionally challenged. Loads fine yet the dreamworld was a load more terrifying being chased around the TFC landscape by the nightmare. However it soon crashed. my best educated guess is the crash happens when witchery attempts to generate its world gen. Could be as simple as modifying what Y level spawns occur at since TFC world gen is much higher than vanilla.

Ah wow. Well I know in the technofirma/terrafirmapunk mod packs let the world gen for the hob goblin houses and wickermen etc spawning.. It's possible they have changed world gen for that stuff... hmm. The best I can do to make mods work is change item ids haha.. Atleast I have people talking about it and testing things.. which is what I was trying to accomplish hah.

Testing eh? I'd be interested in the results. I've modded before the official release of Minecraft, but haven't til recently since the fancy new launchers have dawned their usefulness. Trying to get back into modding is a whole new ballgame now.
To clarify it's just the dimensions added, when trying to enter them Terrafirmacraft takes major issue to them. Ie- no Nether even though it's in vanilla itself :/

Testing?.. trying to make it work? hah I don't know. No one on these fourms has ever really talked about witchery and TFC before... Was hoping to get that started ^^

Any recent updates on compatibility between TFC and witchery? I have recently begun building a modpack for my private server, and witchery loads fine. I haven't had the time yet to actually begin testing recipes and mechanics from witchery. 

I don't know if anyone has been working on it. I can tell you from my tinkering that the spirit dimension actually does work, and I've created a mod that converts the witch and goblin huts into TFC blocks. But all the mob hitpoints/damage still need to be balanced, the various seeds need to be given a way to be obtained, and I'm sure a bunch of recipes likely need tweaking.

The issue isn't so much other dimensions working. It is that they server client inventory syncing gets really broken when changing dimensions in TFC. 

10 hours ago, Bunsan said:

The issue isn't so much other dimensions working. It is that they server client inventory syncing gets really broken when changing dimensions in TFC. 

yes, your inventory gui desyncs, but your inventory still works.