Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Cosmosdx

[Solved] Terrafirmacraft not loading in MC

31 posts in this topic

Well i have the correct version of forge and TFC on 1.7.10 and i put the mod in the %appdata% minecraft folder but i saw somewhere you should put it in the jar files and i think thats the problem but i dont know where the jar files are located :(

There is a specific place that the mods folder must go depending on how you install forge. I suggest you read the guide and follow the video, and then come back if you still have problems.

There is a specific place that the mods folder must go depending on how you install forge. I suggest you read the guide and follow the video, and then come back if you still have problems.

im having trouble with the "game directory part"

Whatever location you put in the Game Directory box is the location of where your mods folder will be. You then put TFC inside of that mods folder that is inside of that game directory location. If that still doesn't work are you are still confused, I'll need you to be a bit more specific about exactly what the problem is.

ok so i went on the forge profile made a ne profile named TFC and set the game directory to C:\Users\###\AppData\Roaming\.TerraFirmaCraft and ran it once then put TFC and fastcraft into the mods folder of that directory but it didnt work

Edited by Cosmosdx

Did you create the mods folder, or did it generate it for you? How do you  know "it didn't work?" Please be as specific as possible.

Did you create the mods folder, or did it generate it for you? How do you  know "it didn't work?" Please be as specific as possible.

um so it did generate automatically even though i made one with that name except i think it was named .TFC cause i changed .mc to .TFC and forgot to remove the period and i know it didnt work cause when i went on the TFC profile i made when the game loaded it said 3 mods loaded meaning just the forge mods

And you put the mod files in the folder that it generated for you, right? And you didn't do anything weird with the mod files like extract them or anything right?

ii did double click them before hand which just gave me an error message...but no i didnt extract them

Edited by Cosmosdx

Alright, let's try something different. I want you to create a new folder on your desktop, and call it

TerraFirmaCraft

This is the only folder I want you to create in this entire process, ok? For all other folders, let Minecraft create them for you.

Then I want you to create a new profile on the vanilla launcher, and in the Game Directory spot put

C:\Users\###\Desktop\TerraFirmaCraft

Where ### is your user account name on your computer.

Make sure the Use version is set to the correct version of forge. Then save the profile. While the profile is still selected, go ahead and run the game once. Once it gets to the title screen. Close the game and go open up the TerraFirmaCraft folder to confirm that it created a mods folder for you. Once you have confirmed that the game created the mods folder for you inside of the TerraFirmaCraft folder on your desktop, copy the two mod .jar files into that mods folder the game just created.

Once that is all done, make sure you still have that new profile you just created that points to the folder on your desktop selected and hit play.

Let me know if after doing all that, it still shows only 3 mods installed when it finishes booting.

Alright, let's try something different. I want you to create a new folder on your desktop, and call it

TerraFirmaCraft

This is the only folder I want you to create in this entire process, ok? For all other folders, let Minecraft create them for you.

Then I want you to create a new profile on the vanilla launcher, and in the Game Directory spot put

C:\Users\###\Desktop\TerraFirmaCraft

Where ### is your user account name on your computer.

Make sure the Use version is set to the correct version of forge. Then save the profile. While the profile is still selected, go ahead and run the game once. Once it gets to the title screen. Close the game and go open up the TerraFirmaCraft folder to confirm that it created a mods folder for you. Once you have confirmed that the game created the mods folder for you inside of the TerraFirmaCraft folder on your desktop, copy the two mod .jar files into that mods folder the game just created.

Once that is all done, make sure you still have that new profile you just created that points to the folder on your desktop selected and hit play.

Let me know if after doing all that, it still shows only 3 mods installed when it finishes booting.

ok does it not work on windows vista or something?

No, it works on vista. If after that process it still isn't working, then you are doing something wrong. Could you please post every single step that you did to follow those instructions? Once again, be as absolutely specific as possible.

No, it works on vista. If after that process it still isn't working, then you are doing something wrong. Could you please post every single step that you did to follow those instructions? Once again, be as absolutely specific as possible.

ok so i made a folder on the desktop named TerraFirmaCraft then made the game directory C:\Users\###\Desktop\TerraFirmaCraft and i loaded it up then closed MC out and put terrafirma and fastcraft into the desktop folder and loaded it up again and it still said 3 mods loaded i might be using a wrong version of forge or terrafirmacraft though i got them from the download page

When you closed MC out, was there a mods folder inside of the TerraFirmaCraft folder? Or did you put the .jar files inside of the TerraFirmaCraft folder? If you did, you did it wrong.

When you closed MC out, was there a mods folder inside of the TerraFirmaCraft folder? Or did you put the .jar files inside of the TerraFirmaCraft folder? If you did, you did it wrong.

i put the file called [1.7.10]TerraFirmaCraft-0.79.25.845 which is a java file and i think mabye a jar file... yes its a jar

Edited by Cosmosdx

Where did you put that file?

You didn't answer my first question. When you closed out of MC, was there a mods folder inside of the TerraFirmaCraft folder on your desktop?

Where did you put that file?

You didn't answer my first question. When you closed out of MC, was there a mods folder inside of the TerraFirmaCraft folder on your desktop?

oh yes there were

Come on. If I ask you two questions, you need to answer them both. Once again you didn't answer the first one.

Come on. If I ask you two questions, you need to answer them both. Once again you didn't answer the first one.

yes there was

Go read the post again.

Question #1 : Where did you put that file?

Question #2 : When you closed out of MC, was there a mods folder inside of the TerraFirmaCraft folder on your desktop?

Go read the post again.

Question #1 : Where did you put that file?

Question #2 : When you closed out of MC, was there a mods folder inside of the TerraFirmaCraft folder on your desktop?

1. i put the terrafirmacraft jar file into the mods folder 2. which was in the TerraFirmaCraft desktop folder cause it automaticallt made it there

Question 1 : And when you hit Play on the Minecraft launcher, you had the profile selected that had the Game Directory set to the TerraFirmaCraft desktop folder?

Question 2 : Are you sure you hit Save when you set the Game Directory to the TerraFirmaCraft desktop folder?

Question 3 : Could you provide a screenshot of the mod files inside of the mods folder inside of the TerraFirmaCraft desktop folder?

Question 4 : Could you provide a screenshot of the profile editor for the profile that has the TerraFirmaCraft desktop folder set as the game directory?

Question 5 : Could you then hit save, and provide a screenshot of the Minecraft launcher where that specific profile is selected, and you are about to hit Play?

Question 6 : Could you provide a screenshot of the Minecraft title screen that appears after you hit Play?

Question 1 : And when you hit Play on the Minecraft launcher, you had the profile selected that had the Game Directory set to the TerraFirmaCraft desktop folder?

Question 2 : Are you sure you hit Save when you set the Game Directory to the TerraFirmaCraft desktop folder?

Question 3 : Could you provide a screenshot of the mod files inside of the mods folder inside of the TerraFirmaCraft desktop folder?

Question 4 : Could you provide a screenshot of the profile editor for the profile that has the TerraFirmaCraft desktop folder set as the game directory?

Question 5 : Could you then hit save, and provide a screenshot of the Minecraft launcher where that specific profile is selected, and you are about to hit Play?

Question 6 : Could you provide a screenshot of the Minecraft title screen that appears after you hit Play?

ok how do i take/post screenshots?