Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Peffern

RedPower Compatibility

32 posts in this topic

Please do not question the validity/balance of this. It probably deserves to be an addon or optional feature anyway, so quit yer whining.

That said,

I see a couple of things. Basically, there needs to either be a way to get the alloy furnace(which I oppose for the reclaiming recipes) or a way to replicate allot furnace recipes. I choose the latter.

Bloomerying cinnabar will give you unshared liquid redstone. Combining 4 unshared liquid redstone with 1 unshaped pig iron yields 4 unshaped red alloy (which can be made into an ingot.

A similar to cinnabar ore will be found, allowing the crafting of nikolite and the bloomeryification and metallurgying in the same manner.

Brass already exists.

Combining two iron and two tin yields 4 ferrous tin, which can be worked into a tinplate.

Combing 8 sand with a hammer yields 1 sand pile, combining 8 coal with a hammer yields 1 coal dust pile, combining these gives a silicon pile, smelting gives a boule.

Doping would be done in the crafting table.

Cobble and planks, iron and gold, iron pickaxes, and emeralds(only for the sonic screwdriver recipe) would have to be usable of the TFC versions.

All regular smelting recipes would be forge-able. Marble and basalt generation would be disabled until further notice.

Did I miss anything?

You wouldn't even need anything except nickolite and the additional alloys, and then using those alloys for the crafting recipes.

that's what i mean. You'd also need the wood and cobble compatibility recipes. ( and the other ones i said)

combining these gives a silicon pile

...*twitch* That's not quite how it works...

Average sand is silicon dioxide, SiO2

By mixing it with carbon (charcoal) and heating it to extreme temperatures, the carbon atoms steal the oxygen from the sand to yield Carbon Dioxide gas (CO2) and elemental silicon (Si)

The gas escapes and the molten silicon collects at the base of the crucible, eventually cooling and hardening into solid silicon, which is where you get your boule.

So sand + charcoal, does NOT give you silicon. It gives you rather dirty-looking sand. MELTING that dirty sand is what gives you silicon. You do not have silicon until heat is applied.

ok sorry

ok sorry

Sorry, but having personally made silicon out of beach sand before (using thermite, which was MAD fun <3), this just poked me the wrong way when I saw it

ok mixing a sand pile and a charcoal pile gives you dirty sand. Smelting that gives you a silicon boule. Same strategy, just a different name for the one item.

By the way eternal, I'm thinking of starting a thread about large assembly built machines (no steam power yet but catapults, cannons and the like) I'm not sure if people are going to approve though so what do you think? worth it or waste of time?

ok mixing a sand pile and a charcoal pile gives you dirty sand. Smelting that gives you a silicon boule. Same strategy, just a different name for the one item.

By the way eternal, I'm thinking of starting a thread about large assembly built machines (no steam power yet but catapults, cannons and the like) I'm not sure if people are going to approve though so what do you think? worth it or waste of time?

Hmmm... well it's well within the time frame (for catapults, at least), but I'm not sure what purpose they'd serve outside of pvp on a server

and erm... maybe more like 'carbon sand'? when I said 'dirty' I was just referring to the look, that's not the technical name for it or anything X3

Hmmm... well it's well within the time frame (for catapults, at least), but I'm not sure what purpose they'd serve outside of pvp on a server

and erm... maybe more like 'carbon sand'? when I said 'dirty' I was just referring to the look, that's not the technical name for it or anything X3

I like the idea of big war machines, especially consedering the thread I posted: http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/879-multiplayer-and-inter-server-travel/page__pid__5322#entry5322

WhatEVER! Also, RE: catapults etc. Seany is right it would be useful there, or on pvp. I actually think TFC lends itself to pvp excellently but that aside, if there are mob nests and such I would like to see villages that build giant castles with lots of treasure. I've always wanted to siege a castle on minecraft.

EDIT: run the idea by teranz and lumireaver, will you?

WhatEVER! Also, RE: catapults etc. Seany is right it would be useful there, or on pvp. I actually think TFC lends itself to pvp excellently but that aside, if there are mob nests and such I would like to see villages that build giant castles with lots of treasure. I've always wanted to siege a castle on minecraft.

EDIT: run the idea by teranz and lumireaver, will you?

Big war machines and sieging castles would be fun but i dont think it would suite the purpose of TFC... But in a separet mod it would do great so if you post the idea on mcf you might get some modsers to help you out with that. Also what about me?

well the thing is the ideas I have to make them/make them work suit tfc better than mc

well the thing is the ideas I have to make them/make them work suit tfc better than mc

Yeah, I get what you mean but Im just saying that big siegie weapons and wars dont suite TFC. I all ways think that TFC is about surviving, recreating the civilasation and making mine craft just alot harder.

Yeah, I get what you mean but Im just saying that big siegie weapons and wars dont suite TFC. I all ways think that TFC is about surviving, recreating the civilasation and making mine craft just alot harder.

In addition, TFC is all about what survival should be, which doesn't rule out the utility for inter-circle interactions of the more, violent approaches, past simply skirmishing, and marauding.

-That being said, it doesn't rule out the need for these items to be add-ons placed in the mods folder.-

However, if there ever were movements towards redpower compatibility, we must first work out how would TFC do redstone.

[Don't rule out redstone, it is a part of vanilla minecraft, so the problem of redstone has to be done, eventually]

Now about siege weaponry, since it came up:

TFC deals with world entities in a manner past simply making a one block device, or a boat, or in one 3x3 crafting space.

So siege weapons should be made like any normal bloomery, or even firepit, probably like how you construct items in Arthur's Gold at least, and especially be able to haul it around without having to break it down block by block.

that is the fun thing about TFC, but just because that's what's good about it doesn't mean that we can't make it fun in other ways too.

that is the fun thing about TFC, but just because that's what's good about it doesn't mean that we can't make it fun in other ways too.

Yeah ok i get it, but siedge weapons and castles.

I'm not quite sure if RedPower would really fit in with TFC seeing as redpower is really high tech stuff like pnumatic tubes and elecrical lighting and solar panels and TFC is more, as far as it is now, early metalworking at the highest teir available. i think it would be too big of a tech gap from barely learning how to smelt metals down to building automated computer based machines

It would be a sort of add-on, and with the increasing technology, things would have to be made, within expressed consent of both parties to make the whole ordeal more involved.

The likelihood of this dream team sort of thing is very low, but it'd have to be upper-mid-range experimental stuff using the very limited [and difficult] redstone scene.

[Assuming redstone is as difficult to refine, and so on, as it should be to fit this mod in the first place, refining it into red alloy would be really hit and miss]

[[As a post note, I find your Location to be pretty cute. And as a secondary, nothing says the add-on has to go past first tier redpower, which is red alloy, and a few of the starter machines, bonus points if the starting machines are multi-block entities]]

It would be a sort of add-on, and with the increasing technology, things would have to be made, within expressed consent of both parties to make the whole ordeal more involved.

The likelihood of this dream team sort of thing is very low, but it'd have to be upper-mid-range experimental stuff using the very limited [and difficult] redstone scene.

[Assuming redstone is as difficult to refine, and so on, as it should be to fit this mod in the first place, refining it into red alloy would be really hit and miss]

[[As a post note, I find your Location to be pretty cute. And as a secondary, nothing says the add-on has to go past first tier redpower, which is red alloy, and a few of the starter machines, bonus points if the starting machines are multi-block entities]]

im a little confused. so this would be less redpower compatability but more using redpower's stuff to make redstone and things like that available in TFC so the red alloy there would be made like any other alloy in TFC my mixing say cinibar and iron and then maybe add some low teir machines

ooh but instead of redstone electrically poweing them, we could add mechanical power like windmills or steam to power things like the block breaker and stuff like that

[[p.s. thanks]]

Augh!

What I'm saying is that if anything, if there is a such a thing as a sort of compatibility between Redpower and TFC, one has to first make redstone within the canon of TFC.

I'd be okay if it involved some contrived reach around involving using a bloomery with sand mixed with charcoal to make boules, and somehow making redstone from that silicon contrivance.

After redstone is thought out, you need the expressed permission of the mod authors [bioxx and eloraam] to make a compatibility add-on that is not by the authors.

Past that, it'd only seem really possible -for now- that TFC be able to reach for something a bit above the normal machines of of vanilla minecraft in its own way, if redstone ever becomes a thing, and the compatibility mod doesn't happen.

And making a compatibility mod is outright since it may introduce elements that are entirely too far for TFC without drastic measures like really sketchy 1500s technology simply making the means of production a bit hacky to be made*.

*- like making it so that the only way to make red alloy is by using a metallurgist's table with [what at this point may be] enriched cinnabar-doped silicon boules with a bit of flux, and tin/copper/iron, and then utterly reworking all of the items' recipes to make it seem a bit more appropriate for TFC

[[Also, you are welcome]]

Its possible I like the idea but I would probably never use it. But if help is needed coding I would be happy to help.

Augh!

What I'm saying is that if anything, if there is a such a thing as a sort of compatibility between Redpower and TFC, one has to first make redstone within the canon of TFC.

I'd be okay if it involved some contrived reach around involving using a bloomery with sand mixed with charcoal to make boules, and somehow making redstone from that silicon contrivance.

After redstone is thought out, you need the expressed permission of the mod authors [bioxx and eloraam] to make a compatibility add-on that is not by the authors.

Past that, it'd only seem really possible -for now- that TFC be able to reach for something a bit above the normal machines of of vanilla minecraft in its own way, if redstone ever becomes a thing, and the compatibility mod doesn't happen.

And making a compatibility mod is outright since it may introduce elements that are entirely too far for TFC without drastic measures like really sketchy 1500s technology simply making the means of production a bit hacky to be made*.

*- like making it so that the only way to make red alloy is by using a metallurgist's table with [what at this point may be] enriched cinnabar-doped silicon boules with a bit of flux, and tin/copper/iron, and then utterly reworking all of the items' recipes to make it seem a bit more appropriate for TFC

[[Also, you are welcome]]

ah i seem to understand a little now some there would be a link between redpower and TFC where the redpower things would be available only late game when you learn about redstone power but this will make the recipies for redpower items make more sence in TFC tech

1, please stop making huge quotes, you can snip off frivolous text.

Anyways, redpower should be mid-late game things, while redstone should be mid game, considerably when you have a nice house, a pile of charcoal, and a sustainable form of food, which is also a great time to be in the lower-moderate agricultre, lower medicine, and copper tiers of the game. [redstone, and wrought iron being a premium at the time]

1, please stop making huge quotes, you can snip off frivolous text.

Anyways, redpower should be mid-late game things, while redstone should be mid game, considerably when you have a nice house, a pile of charcoal, and a sustainable form of food, which is also a great time to be in the lower-moderate agricultre, lower medicine, and copper tiers of the game. [redstone, and wrought iron being a premium at the time]

I agree completely. Though, if you're going to make a numbered list, it needs to have more than 1 thing on it.