Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Peffern

RedPower Compatibility

32 posts in this topic

1, please stop making huge quotes, you can snip off frivolous text.

sorry about that i just wanted to make it clear that i was replying to his whole reply to my reply(reply-ception?)

Numbers are good for emphasis.

Please don't assume my sex.

Redstone should be something that is a little further than iron, and that's pretty much it, other than being arduous to refine, but less a hassle than steel.

That being said, it would mostly rely a marathon of flux, centrifuging, powdering, and soldering, if possible, rather than a marathon of juggling flaming irons.

Boea, I would stop being pissy before get yourself in an argument you can't win. And no numbers aren't good for emphasis in a list they are good for organization. And nobody really cares what sex you are, we are on a video game forum not a dating site you could be a he, a she or an it for all I care it really doesn't matter. If you would like to say "I'm a she" or "I have no gender, please refer to me as it" please do so now. Srgnoodles had to refer to you somehow he wasn't assuming anything.

Boea, I would stop being pissy before get yourself in an argument you can't win. And no numbers aren't good for emphasis in a list they are good for organization. And nobody really cares what sex you are, we are on a video game forum not a dating site you could be a he, a she or an it for all I care it really doesn't matter. If you would like to say "I'm a she" or "I have no gender, please refer to me as it" please do so now. Srgnoodles had to refer to you somehow he wasn't assuming anything.

see i could get all mad at bsb for assuming my sex now but i agree with bsb that we have to refer to you as something and it would get rather tedious to keep using someone's name over and over again

so im just going to refer to everyone as either he or she(depending on which i feel like using) unless specified otherwise

I see it as, RedPower is not industrialcraft. RedPower actually emulates real life behavior in all of its machines except one: the crafting recipes/resources. That's where TFC comes in. By allowing a link within redpower and tfc, it would be possible to integrate the two. Whereas to me, industrialcraft is just a bunch of crafting recipes and machines that only have an end result of making more machines. Those are not the same.

The major and significant problem with redpower on tfc is not so much the recipes, though those are also something that would need to be fixed. It is the fact that the volcano spawning code places lava spouts ALL over the landscape on tfc world gen, and there is no way to turn them off due to the whole "I will NEVER put a config option in to turn off volcanoes" stubbornness from Eloraam. Theres also the matter of her "EULA" stating you cant decompile redpower to align the recipes. Which honestly an unsigned contract doesnt really hold a whole lot of legal backing, but posession of "copywritten" code does have legal backing.

The best thing to do would be to communicate with Elorram and see if she would be willing to allow/work with someone on a crossover that would either fix or remove volcano spawns, and merge recipes, and also incorporate the api for the cut blocks and such.

The real problem right now is that RP world and TFC world gen clash and kill the world with fire. Literally.

If eloraam would add an option to disable volcanoes and add basalt to the ore dictionary, we could at least play with both mods, but that will apparently never happen.