Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
RRDestroyerTheAwesome

Diary Of A TerraFirmaCraft Noob

10 posts in this topic

Hello there! I'm extremely new the TFC mod, I watched Etho's old series and wanted to download it but didn't know how. But since he started it up again, and I now know how to download mods, I decided to download TFC! Here is me writing about what I did when I first downloaded it.

I created a new world, I thought it was a pretty good world at first until I realized I was on an island in the middle of the ocean. I then went to the wiki to read up on some stuff. Unfortunately, the island had a rock type that didn't have copper in it. So I realized I was screwed and deleted the world. Those were my first moments in TFC...

I created several more worlds. All of them weren't very good. Eventually I just got fed up and went to the forums to get some seeds. I tried 3 different seeds that were supposedly good. Not really. I used the fourth seed I found. Which was actually surprisingly good. There was jute (Still don't know what it does, just saw Etho say its good), pigs, I found 4 of the food groups pretty close to spawn. I still haven't found copper yet. Actually I haven't found a single nugget of any ore yet. Looks like I'm gonna have to do some gold panning for a bit. 

Any tips?

dont kill, all animals around, make a saw to store your itens and go far searching a exposed copper vein, break this with a knife (is very slow). (RIP)

Take all stick you can, make ladders to digg verticaly around ore nuggets.

Use a knife to gather seaweed, is a easy food source.

Edited by CalangoMC

break this with a knife (is very slow)

Could you expand on this please? Breaking ore with a knife is no different than breaking it with your hand, and both will yield absolutely nothing in the next released version.

yeah the knife isnt the right tool and so is useless also good to hear it has been noticed and will be fixed

Don't be afraid to roam far.  You can find a better rock layer, surface nuggets, crops, animals, and all kinds of stuff.  Much more interesting than panning.  Make sure to get a minimap mod, and mark the locations of nuggets, especially if you pick them all up.  Beware of starting areas with rainfall under 250.  They won't have clay, which is an even bigger problem than lack of copper.

Don't be afraid to roam far.  You can find a better rock layer, surface nuggets, crops, animals, and all kinds of stuff.  Much more interesting than panning.  Make sure to get a minimap mod, and mark the locations of nuggets, especially if you pick them all up.  Beware of starting areas with rainfall under 250.  They won't have clay, which is an even bigger problem than lack of copper.

The roaming around looking for resources it the best part of the game for me, I can spend hours just rummaging about the place.

I wasn't aware of the rainfull / clay issue, good to know.

My rainfall is 4000, is that good or bad?

My rainfall is 4000, is that good or bad?

It'll affect the animals you find.  Check out the TFC climate page It's very useful info.   You'll have clay, but 4k is too high to find cows or horses.  I think it'll also be too high for 2/3 of berry bushes to show up.    But, rainfall changes more often than stone types.  So you shouldn't have to travel as far to find a different rainfall environment.

Update:
I have found a vein of coal, and around 6 sphalerite nuggets on the ground and a huge vein of kaolinite. I have also created a farm and the crops are growing, still looking for copper.