Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
TonyLiberatto

[Solved] Armor protection

7 posts in this topic

People keep telling me that is a waste of resources to make any armor unless is high tier metal.

I insist that any armor is better than no armor.

Would it be possible to have the armor protection to the different damages numbers?

I looked in the wiki, but could not find any numbers.

I do not believe this is the case of numbers ruining the magic.

As anyone who plays games are use to have the armor protection in the screen and are able to judge if is worth to make an armor.

They are on the tooltip for the armour item.

I was not smart enough to look in the wiki and only did several searches in the forum. Sorry and thanks one more time.

One more question on the subject. For my new server we are trying to make mobs harder, so people actually have to group to kill mobs. But on the other hand I would like to increase the armor durabilities. Most people complain that is not worth to make low tier armors because of so low durability.

Note that I am not talking about increasing the protection, just the durability.

Is there any chance we could have durability tweaked up? Or maybe a config option if you do not agree on changing the mod? The way it stands now, most players do not bother making low tier armors and consider it a waste of resources. I always make armors, because I think that any armor is better than no armor. I still would like to increase it's durability.

I think the #1 complaint about durability is because players are focusing on the chestplate, which takes the brunt of the damage. The most important armor they should always wear, that won't break as quickly is a helmet and boots. If a player isn't wearing a helmet and they get a hit to the head, it deals a critical hit (175% damage). If they aren't wearing boots and get a hit to the feet, they get a slowness debuff.

As far as I know, there is no way to increase the durability of armor using 3rd party mods, and I will not add it as a config option. There might be a way however using 3rd party mods to get some sort of unbreaking enchantment on the armor, which will then indirectly increase how many uses you get out of that piece of armor.

I agree and understand, but I am trying to change player behavior so people will actually make and wear low tier armor.Like I said I always do it myself, but the same is not true for the majority of players in my server.

Well thanks for the answer, I will try to convince people, I still think it would be easier if we had more durability.