Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
MrBlack

[0.79.25] Great Starting Seed

18 posts in this topic

My friends and I have been playing on this seed since the last update, it has every ore in a 1000m area from from spawn. The only Ore  that is missing is Graphite, which we found northeast on a separate Island.

The Seed:

Cartograph of the the start Continent.

http://i.imgur.com/tiL2Ott.jpg

We also found most tree types on the Continent besides Hickory, Sequoia, and Kapok.

The continent is primary Chalk and Phyllite on the surface. 

Edited by MrBlack

How do you get Cartograph to make such nice map?

How do you get Cartograph to make such nice map?

I may be wrong, but that looks like a JourneyMap map to me, which you can export from the options menu. Then you can just crop the image it exports and add the compass and legend in an image editing software.

I may be wrong, but that looks like a JourneyMap map to me, which you can export from the options menu. Then you can just crop the image it exports and add the compass and legend in an image editing software.

Haha that's exactly what I did.. JourneyMap might be more of a resource hog than other map mods, but it has some really nice features and polish that others do not.

Hi there!

Thanks for sharing the seed, I've been playing on it for quite some time, really having a blast.

I've set up shop in the north west, near the lake as you can see.

http://i.imgur.com/JgD8VTc.png

http://i.imgur.com/uAhtXli.jpg

Lots of crops, fruit tree and animals on the main Island. I'm only missing chicken, and i only fount 2 rams, but took good care of them, so wool is not a problem.

Got pretty easily to the iron age too, and I found graphite dead south of the main island on an exploring run.

i'm now trying to push to the steel-age, but I'm having some trouble with the ores, so I was wondering if you could share some of the coords of your mines, that would be great!

Another thing, I've been exploring quite a lot the other continents, but I haven't found any rock salt. Any luck on your side?

Thanks again for sharing, really nice seed!

Edited by CubeNick

I found a couple of Kaolinite veins on the main island, i think in the south-east. Graphite, as I said, is south of the main island, some thousand blocks of ocean away...

Don't have the coordinates right now but i can get them.

Graphite is due south of main starting island around 2400 blocks, small island with large mountain, lots of graphite and gold as well. Absolutely love this seed by the way, very good starting seed for anyone just wanting to try out the mods with Terrafirmacraft as the engine. Usually I will take suggested seeds and fly around in debug stripping away the chunks to see how hard it will be, this one is lovely. Supprising how much diamond spawns here as well in the lower levels. Happy hunting and hope you have as much fun with this seed as I do.

can you give me all the cords for the ores

having a lot of trouble finding Kaolinite, but besides that i found almost everything, if anyone has the exact location for some kaolinite that would be great.

here are some coordinates for some harder to find ores i found  

graphite
x 1748 z-7745 y 134

salt peter
x1191 z-11541 y147 . x1479 z-11435 y144

coal
x1353 z-11317 y151

garinite

x1535 z-11357 y144

iron
x1649 y-10982 y148

Cassiterite
x1587 z-11302 y148

well after a few hours of searching i finally found some kaolinite on an huge land mass west about 1500 blocks from spawn at 

x-1139    z-11850    y120

the land mass is huge though haven't explored it all but it seems to be as big if not bigger than the main island.

I am having trouble finding copper surface nuggets at start, any pointers? I havent reached the other continents but I've pretty much checked all of the spawn continent, especially the hilly parts....only to be killed by bears three times.

Another thing, did anyone find reeds?

Edited by cjworks

Hey I am having trouble finding a good pocket of copper for bronze. Is there any copper on the island? Maybe I am just missing it but I can't find anything. If you have the coords that would be the best, thanks

Did anyone ever find silver? Been searching for a few irl days...

Does anybody know where to find sphalerite? I can't find it anywhere...

Progress report Well there still isnt very much to see, but Ive added another 3 sides to my box and its starting to take shape now. Hopefully ill have the main structure finished in a day or two Then I can add lights and stuff.growboxday21.JPG 49.49 KiB Viewed 6879 times