Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
maskobi

Level Type For Server World Generation?

8 posts in this topic

Greetings fellow uh... Terra people

After three hours of scouring the internet and scanning through the endless code of config files, I still have not revealed a solution to my problem. This, I hope, is where you kind people can help

I am attempting to run a Terranodefirmacraft server with Bisect Hosting (while advertisement was not intended, I do highly recommend them), yet when I start the server, the world always generates as a standard vanilla world with black skies. I figured this would be fixed with a world reset and level generation configuration, but that's where my next ever so persistent problem appears. Either I am totally wrong with the whole "world level generation type" theory, or I simply am entering the wrong generation level for Terrafirmacraft, as my worlds still generate as vanilla or chunck sized floating islands of Terrafirmacraft oceans. 

So my questions are:

1. Do I need to set the level type on my server for a Terrafirmacraft world gen? If so, what do I set it to?

2. Is there something I am missing here?

3. Do penguins have knees?

I have   no idea how this host works, so some questions:

What kind of panel do they use?

Do you have FTP access?

What server version are you using?

How did you go about installing such server?

Are you sure you have Terrafirmacraft in the mods folder in a forge compatible server?

My apologizes for the delay. Here are some answers.

I am using a slightly modified version of multicraft control panel.

Yes, I do have FTB file access. I use FileZilla to manage it for the most part.

I am using the latest version (2.9) of the modpack Technodefirmacraft https://www.atlauncher.com/pack/TechNodefirmacraft

Terafirmacraft is part of the modpacks and running version 0.79.25

I installed the server on the multicraft panel correctly, I can assure you. I have also set up a private server on my own computer to try and troubleshoot any problems they have. Both work like a charm, but the worldloading is broken

Yes, I am sure

To be clear, I am not so concerned about the server acting up, as the modpack/server files appear to be very stable indeed. All the items and textures from every single mod is loaded in NEI, but when I generate any type of world on my server, it never loads the Terrafirmacraft custom terrain generation. Do I need to change the world generating code for my level type?

I'd first try smply installing ONLY TFC and generate a world.  Then one-by-one add the other mods from the pack and see where/if things fall apart...

This modpack has so many mods and config changes that actually it should work better to be install as one.

I would make sure to install on your desktop following the instructions on the modpack page. Then you upload the files to your hosted server over writing the files there.

I have never used this Modpack, but I noticed it has a setup server file for simple installation. It should not require anything else but double clicking on the setup and choosing a directory for the installation. If you still need more support you should ask on the Technodefirmacraf tread.

Do I need to change the world generating code for my level type?

No. Terrafirmacraft will overwrite default world generation.

It sounds like you are running a vanilla Minecraft world on your server. It's sort of the same when you join the lobby on the HappyDiggers server. It's a Spigot sever with a bunch of plugins that we use to move players to when one of the TFC servers needs to be taken offline for maintenance, updates, etc. Because of this the sky was black at sea level because TFC's sea level is much higher than that of vanilla Minecraft. Because of this we have raised our spawn area on the Lobby server so it looks like a normal sky to all players.

Be sure that your server is running Forge and that the mods are being loaded. You can check this in the server logs or try joining the server with a vanilla Minecraft client, so without any mods on your client. If you can join the server without the required mods then your server isn't running Forge + those mods.

If Forge + the mod pack is loaded correctly and you still get a vanilla world, try the following:

• Generate a world with the mod pack on your computer. Just start a new world, then save/exit. You only need the immediate spawn area.
  • Stop the server.
  • Delete the world folder on the server.
  • Upload the world from your computer to the server. Be sure to keep folder names identical to what they currently are on the server: e.g. "world".
  • Start the server.

You should now have a correctly generated world on your server which correctly generates new chunks if you move away from spawn. If not then talk to your hosting party.

Many thanks to everyone for the help. I shall conquer this beast one way or another.

Manny Multicraft host will allow for you to upload your own server jar file but only upon request. This would be the best for you as it would be possible for you to create the server on your desktop and upload the whole thing. What you need is custom jar access. then you need to point to the jar file in your server directory.