Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.

252 posts in this topic

Is there any way to check the biomes in TFC? I do not know how they are actually defined, I just know they are not shown under the biomes in the F3 screen. Or are the TFC biomes only defined through the climate variables?

15 minutes ago, OneWolfe said:

Is there any way to check the biomes in TFC? I do not know how they are actually defined, I just know they are not shown under the biomes in the F3 screen. Or are the TFC biomes only defined through the climate variables?

TFC biomes: http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Biome

2016-04-24_0118.png

Edited by Shurgent

But that is definitly not correct at all!

Why are there tress growing in the plains? Trees belong in the forest, not the plains :P

Deserts also say Plains. The F3 screen is wrong and does not display TFC biomes accurately!

18 minutes ago, OneWolfe said:

But that is definitly not correct at all!

As far as I understand, the biome determines only the form of the landscape. And the climate is generated regardless of the biome.

19 minutes ago, OneWolfe said:

Deserts also say Plains.

Because there is no Desert biome in TFC.

As it is written in the wiki: The Biome determines the shape of the terrain and basic temperature and rainfall guidelines. Unlike in vanilla, it does not directly define tree and plant growth. For determination of trees, and animals see Climate.

Edited by Shurgent

21 minutes ago, Shurgent said:

Unlike in vanilla, it does not directly define tree and plant growth. For determination of trees, and animals see Climate.

That was all I was trying to ask.

So the climate variables are the only way to determine what might be growing in the area? With nothing that says "Hey there IS a forest growing here," it makes the calculations difficult I suppose?

Just now, OneWolfe said:

That was all I was trying to ask.

So the climate variables are the only way to determine what might be growing in the area? With nothing that says "Hey there IS a forest growing here," it makes the calculations difficult I suppose?

Oh, I just do not understand the question))

Yes, every tree has its own climatic conditions. Trees spawn only where the climate is suitable for them.

All climatic conditions for trees can be found here: http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Trees

And yes, there is nothing that says "Hey there IS a forest growing here". Just temperature, rainfall and EVT. Tree types is determined by three tree layers. These layers can be seen on F3 screen, when TFC is in debug mode.

There are deserts. They are just very hard to find. This one can be found in seed: 74120242

lP1bR1fl.png

That is a desert, but not a desert biome. Biomes exist and determine the topography of the worldgen. Then the climate and rock type layers are placed on the world, independent of the biome. Then the tree layers etc are determined and taking climate under consideration trees spawn. To a certain extent some world decorations are determined by biome. 

Also note biomes in TFC aren't actually registered in the normal way so other mods don't recognise them. 

1 minute ago, Shurgent said:

Oh, I just do not understand the question))

I apologize for not being very clear :(

I was just curious to know if there was any other way to calculate where the trees were clumped together. I will have to do some testing and take notes on those climate variables. And then see how the config options make a difference. I expect it to take some time so I am just going to leave everything in default for now.

Thank you for you work, and getting the update out so quickly. And thank you very much for the config options too :D

Quick note: The Fluid Pipes do not connect to barrels, even if there are liquids in the barrels. Is this their intended behavior?

10 hours ago, OneWolfe said:

Quick note: The Fluid Pipes do not connect to barrels, even if there are liquids in the barrels. Is this their intended behavior?

Yes, barrels are not connected to the liquid pipes, only to transport pipesThis is not my fault :)

I intended to use tanks for a liquid pipes. But maybe later I will come up with something. Maybe I will add something like the lid on top of barrels, which will be connected to the liquid pipes. Or, maybe, I will 'teach' TFCTech fluid pipes to work with barrels.

Edited by Shurgent

Good job Shurgent! I look towards to downloading Buildcraft, Terrafirmacraft (and its addons) and TFCTech Addon created by you. :)

On 4/25/2016 at 7:07 AM, Shurgent said:

Yes, barrels are not connected to the liquid pipes, only to transport pipesThis is not my fault :)

I intended to use tanks for a liquid pipes. But maybe later I will come up with something. Maybe I will add something like the lid on top of barrels, which will be connected to the liquid pipes. Or, maybe, I will 'teach' TFCTech fluid pipes to work with barrels.

Barrel lids would be very interesting! Alot of other liquid containers require you to pump liquids from the bottom so having sealed lids on top would be very interesting indeed :D

Hi!
Work on the integration of Immersive Engineering gradually moves. I started with a simple - to adapt some recipes. Remade recipes of connectors, capacitors and transformers. Significantly increased the cost of crafting the capacitors, especially MV and HV. Unfortunately, as usual, I had a lot of work and the progress is quite small. But work on the mod is moving. Follow the news. And, of course, a few pictures for a snack :)

Spoiler

Clay Plate

5tz6nWq8-9o.jpg

Ceramic Plate

33_grvpRp68.jpg

Internal Capacitor Electrode (Nickel Sheet + Ceramic Plate)

rAxoc0Ds4Vk.jpg

MLCC Block

_2LMQIdL5P0.jpg

LV Capacitor Base (Tin Sheets (or Plates) + Copper Sheets (or Plates) + MLCC Block)

8Nm8-LGG76A.jpg

LV Capacitor
MV Capacitor Base

DH_foyp-dZM.jpg

MV Capacitor
HV Capacitor Base

vPAM4fzjuE8.jpg

HV Capacitor

TQaahn9KyZM.jpg

Clay Insulator Part

Kk2IFk8s1zM.jpg

Ceramic Insulator Part

OGzBirzO4sk.jpg

Connectors (LV, MV and HV)

Ee8epm6llSo.jpg  deMin6_gocI.jpg

Stay tuned. :) To be continued...

Edited by Shurgent
Made cheaper MLCC Block recipe

Thanks for the update! :D

Very tasty! Nom Nom Noms!

30 minutes ago, Shurgent said:

• Fixed commonProxy mistakenly importing the TFC class instead of TFCTech (thanks Bunsan)

Is this the Time going Backwards issue? If it is fixed now I need to give it a good test run as soon as possible :D

10 minutes ago, OneWolfe said:

Is this the Time going Backwards issue? If it is fixed now I need to give it a good test run as soon as possible :D

Yes, this is it

Its too late to get it updated for today's live stream but I will be sure to get it tested in the next week :D

49 minutes ago, OneWolfe said:

Its too late to get it updated for today's live stream but I will be sure to get it tested in the next week :D

Can you post or PM the link to stream?

Here is the link to Paks Twitch page https://www.twitch.tv/pakratt0013

We did find one more serious issue in the stream today. Alot of the recipes are not working on a server. Specifically none of the pipe frames, any of the gears, the bowl mount or the rubber tree tap. All of the recipes work just fine but on the server they dont work at all. 

9 hours ago, OneWolfe said:

We did find one more serious issue in the stream today. Alot of the recipes are not working on a server. Specifically none of the pipe frames, any of the gears, the bowl mount or the rubber tree tap. All of the recipes work just fine but on the server they dont work at all. 

This issue also should be fixed in 0.2.5-A10

I do have another concern. Its not a serious bug but possibly a bit OP.

It just seems like the drop rates for Quartz are extremely high compared to other gems. I have been dropping the rates in half from the config file but the live stream crew is still collecting dozens of stacks everytime they go mining. I have halved the rates three times now and it still seems to be way too high.

There may be a possibility that the quartz is dropping at a higher rate because we are mining with non-TFC tools such as the Thumper from Flaxbeard's Steam Power and the Giant Pickaxes from Twilight Forest.

18 hours ago, OneWolfe said:

It just seems like the drop rates for Quartz are extremely high compared to other gems.

I watched the stream, where you played the TFP and I also thought that you have quartz drops too often. I think it is necessary to reduce the drop rate is about 10 times. I do not think that the instrument is somehow affects the drop rate.
You can write what 
drop rates settings you used?

Also note that the higher the number in the setting, the smaller the drop rate (1 in X).

Try to set 1000 and test.

Edited by Shurgent