Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.

252 posts in this topic

Mod updated to version 0.2.9-A14

This update contains mostly bug fixes and improvements.

Changelog

•  Added Red Alloy made from Redstone and Platinum Dust
  • Wrought Iron Stripe recipe requirement of Steel Chisel now optional
  • Fixed crash on viewing recipes in NEI without Buildcraft installed
  • Fixed crash on viewing recipes in NEI with GregTech installed (I hope so)
  • Some small bugfixes and improvements
  • Changed some textures

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/tfctech-addon/files/2338907

This is looking good! Do you have an electric kiln of some sort planned?

8 hours ago, Patrick13542 said:

This is looking good! Do you have an electric kiln of some sort planned?

You can use furances from other mods to bake clay stuff (there is an option in TFCTech.cfg)

But I planned to add electric forge for heating ingots and I think it can be used for pottery.

on the one hand an electric kiln sounds fun but honestly I think the kiln from the Automated Bellows mod is as upgraded you need. By the time you are using electricity/RF you aren't using much pottery anymore except for ingot molds. 

I think it it would be nice to have metal ingot casts that don't break rather than an electric kiln. 

Question: The Induction Furnace is basically an electric crucible correct? Or is it more than that? Does it replace the forge completely?

Edit: nvm the question. Realized just now you have vids

Edited by Teagan75

20 hours ago, Teagan75 said:

it would be nice to have metal ingot casts that don't break

Added to the list of ideas.

I noticed that when I make alloys in the induction smeltery, I have to refresh the GUI to see the percentages.

On 06.11.2016 at 1:49 AM, Teagan75 said:

I noticed that when I make alloys in the induction smeltery, I have to refresh the GUI to see the percentages.

Damn it! I thought I fixed this bug. ((

22 hours ago, Shurgent said:

Damn it! I thought I fixed this bug. ((

That is why we are here...to tell you the bug wasn't squashed :P It is still a fabulous machine and I look forward to using it a lot!

Suggestion: Since Bioxx considers Steel to be the technical endgame of tfc, shouldn't you make it so steel nuggets can be made using a steel chisel? This would allow more precise measuring of alloys.

14 hours ago, Teagan75 said:

Suggestion: Since Bioxx considers Steel to be the technical endgame of tfc, shouldn't you make it so steel nuggets can be made using a steel chisel? This would allow more precise measuring of alloys.

I believe that the chisel should be of a more durable material than the material of the ingot. Maybe I'll add an option to configuration file, but for now you can use MineTweaker to change steel nuggets recipe. I absolutely do not mind. ))

https://github.com/Shurgent/TFCTech/blob/master/src/main/java/ua/pp/shurgent/tfctech/core/ModOreDictionary.java#L198

You can use "itemChiselMedium" Ore Dictionary name in steel nuggets recipe.

53 minutes ago, Shurgent said:

I believe that the chisel should be of a more durable material than the material of the ingot. Maybe I'll add an option to configuration file, but for now you can use MineTweaker to change steel nuggets recipe. I absolutely do not mind. ))

https://github.com/Shurgent/TFCTech/blob/master/src/main/java/ua/pp/shurgent/tfctech/core/ModOreDictionary.java#L198

You can use "itemChiselMedium" Ore Dictionary name in steel nuggets recipe.

I thought that was the case, however I noticed you could make copper nuggets with a copper chisel and so on.

My TFIM member server discovered an issue with the induction smelter.  If people attach automation devices to the side instead of the top to pipe in objects it causes a major crash.  Top and bottom piping works perfectly fine

On 20.01.2017 at 6:37 PM, Grimkor said:

My TFIM member server discovered an issue with the induction smelter.  If people attach automation devices to the side instead of the top to pipe in objects it causes a major crash.  Top and bottom piping works perfectly fine

Please, leave a crash report on an issues page: https://github.com/Shurgent/TFCTech/issues

I'll take care of this problem as soon as I get free time.

Is that normal that i can't remove the rubber heat recipe with TFCTweaker?
I used:   mods.Terrafirmacraft.ItemHeat.removeRecipe(<tfctech:item.Rubber>);
in the config file of the mod there is only the option to disable the normal furnace recipe, or well, so it seems

54 minutes ago, Mohander said:

Is that normal that i can't remove the rubber heat recipe with TFCTweaker?
I used:   mods.Terrafirmacraft.ItemHeat.removeRecipe(<tfctech:item.Rubber>);
in the config file of the mod there is only the option to disable the normal furnace recipe, or well, so it seems

This is TFCTweaker issue

https://github.com/StrayWolfe/TFC-Tweaker/issues/3

Is eventually possible to add in your own addon another config option in order to disable also the heat recipe instead of just the furnace recipe? just asking

13 hours ago, Mohander said:

Is eventually possible to add in your own addon another config option in order to disable also the heat recipe instead of just the furnace recipe? just asking

Yes, it's possible. I'll add it to the list of suggestions.

Mod updated to version 0.2.10-A15

Changelog

• Fixed Small bauxite can be melted in the crucible without any heat (wormzjl)
  • Fixed crash on startup without some BC modules (I hope so)
  • Added options that allow you to disable some heat recipes

I'm trying to integrate TFC and I.E. using MineTweaker3 and this addon. Almost every time I'm throwing a stack of something onto a conveyor belt on into any I.E. machine, a stack of "ghost items" is left on the ground or near the machine input. These items disappear after world reload, and otherwise don't do much other than but look bad. Has someone encountered this bug? Any known way to work around it?

Edit: Oops, I'm suspecting creative mode, and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with machines exactly, so sorry for bothering.

Another question though: is there a way to make I.E. Water pump to not replace fresh water with cobblestone?

Edited by kimitsu

The cobblestone replacement can be disabled in the IE config. 

When I work a copper strip in the anvil, and i move the green cursor all the way to the right, the copper strip disappears/is destroyed. Is this intentional?

19 minutes ago, Teagan75 said:

When I work a copper strip in the anvil, and i move the green cursor all the way to the right, the copper strip disappears/is destroyed. Is this intentional?

This is normal anvil behavior. Any work piece disappears if you move the green cursor all the way to the right.

Is it possible to add support for blending food into 1oz pieces in IC2 macerator, cutter or other similar device?

20 hours ago, ciekma said:

Is it possible to add support for blending food into 1oz pieces in IC2 macerator, cutter or other similar device?

Nothing is impossible. But what for?