Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bunsan

(0.79.26+) TooMuchTime-TFC

25 posts in this topic

TooMuchTime-TFC

brought to you by The TechNode Team

1Ecv7ou.png

Have you ever wanted to have long summer days and cruel winter night? Now you can with TooMuchTime-TFC.

This is another TFC'd mod brought to you by the TechNode team. This is a modified version of TooMuchTime by dmillerw. We've added in seasonal day length to the mod that responds to the seasons of TFC. The days are still 20min long however the amount of daylight will vary from 15 minutes of daylight and 5 min of night in the height of summer to 9 minutes of daylight and 11 minutes of night in dead of winter. This is a simple mod that really does so much for the feel of the year.

This is fully compatible with TFC and will not break any of the mechanics. This is an actual change in the speed the sun and moon pass and not a client side visual change. The length of day is dependent on the season in the northern hemisphere and is global. There is no reasonable way to change this in Minecraft.

This is compatible with current version of TFC and there is no reason to believe it wouldn't be compatible with older versions as well.

Download

Source

License: The original mod and thus our modified version are licensed under the MIT license. So you are free to distribute, modify and use in your modpacks to your hearts content. Edited by Bunsan

Wow, glad I just checked the forum today. I've been wanting this for TFC for a long time now. Everything seems to be working fine with this mod so far. I'll be sure to provide feedback if I spot any issues. Thanks.

We've been running it in our pack for a few months now without any issues.

This is a GREAT IDEA to publish this as a standalone mod! I enjoyed the varied length of day in technodefirmacraft very much. Thank you! :D

We had planned to release it earlier, but due to not getting a response from dmillerw we had held off. Technofirma pack started including it (which is fine it is MIT license), so we felt we should make sure others have a chance to use it as well. We give all credit for the base mod to dmillerw, we just added in the TFC support and seasonal variation.

So question, Id like to use the static angles, but I dont know how the settings for it work. And will the angle change depending on season? 

Otherwise 10/10, Love the long Summer days to be hard at work!

Edited by Saiden

Does the time still run when you pause the game with Esc and then jump around weirdly? I remember that being the issue when I just cobbled the mods together.

We did not touch static angles and it is angle in degree, so will not change with seasons. I'm not even certain that feature is functional. I assume 0-359 in config if it works.

We have not seen time running in pause screen, nor had any reports in past few months. Have not specifically tested it though.

Would be this be compatible with timescale?

I've used timescale to increase day length to 30 minutes, however I'd like the idea of variations in length based on season.

No idea you'd have to try. The only way I can think it would work without completely messing up TFC would be to slow TPS, so it may work.

I hate to possibly necro this, but I've noticed that changing the day/night lengths in the config are ignored in favor of the season-specific time for day and night. Are the values for the seasons set in stone, and if so is there any way to use the values for day and night in the config, and adjust them accordingly? I'd love to make the day/night cycle longer without a separate mod, and have the seasonal affect as well

Oh we probably hardcoded it, as we tweaked it specifically for our pack. We made it available to wider community when another pack started to use it, whit is fine as it is MIT License.

I can look to see if I can tweak it to give configs for each season. But it is low priority for me so don't know if or when I'll get to it. It is MIT license and I posted the repo in the OP, so feel free to fork it and change what you want. 

So, I've been poking around with the mod, and I seem to have everything set up right in Eclipse, but when I try to run it in debug I get this

Spoiler

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Hi. I'm Minecraft, and I'm a crashaholic.

Time: 5/9/16 10:22 PM
Description: There was a severe problem during mod loading that has caused the game to fail

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.IllegalAccessError
	at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:163)
	at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:559)
	at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:243)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.startGame(Minecraft.java:522)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:942)
	at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:164)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
	at net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon.launch(Unknown Source)
	at GradleStart.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessError
	at com.bioxx.tfc.BlockSetup.loadBlocks(BlockSetup.java:249)
	at com.bioxx.tfc.TerraFirmaCraft.preInit(TerraFirmaCraft.java:72)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:532)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
	at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:212)
	at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:190)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
	at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:119)
	at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:556)
	... 12 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
	Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
	Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
	Java Version: 1.7.0_79, Oracle Corporation
	Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
	Memory: 186420408 bytes (177 MB) / 783286272 bytes (747 MB) up to 3810525184 bytes (3634 MB)
	JVM Flags: 0 total; 
	AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
	IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
	FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.99.99 Minecraft Forge 10.13.4.1448 9 mods loaded, 9 mods active
	States: 'U' = Unloaded 'L' = Loaded 'C' = Constructed 'H' = Pre-initialized 'I' = Initialized 'J' = Post-initialized 'A' = Available 'D' = Disabled 'E' = Errored
	UCH	mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) 
	UCH	FML{7.10.99.99} [Forge Mod Loader] (forgeSrc-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-1.7.10.jar) 
	UCH	Forge{10.13.4.1448} [Minecraft Forge] (forgeSrc-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-1.7.10.jar) 
	UCH	NotEnoughItems{1.0.4.95} [Not Enough Items] (NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.4.95-dev.jar) 
	UCH	tfc_coremod{0.79.28} [TFC[coremod]] (minecraft.jar) 
	UCH	CodeChickenCore{1.0.4.35} [CodeChicken Core] (minecraft.jar) 
	UCE	terrafirmacraft{0.79.28} [TerraFirmaCraft] (bin) 
	UCE	TooMuchTime{%MOD_VERSION%} [TooMuchTime] (bin) 
	UCH	Waila{1.5.11} [Waila] (Waila-1.5.11-RC2-NONEI_1.7.10.jar) 
	GL info: ' Vendor: 'ATI Technologies Inc.' Version: '4.5.13431 Compatibility Profile Context 16.150.2211.0' Renderer: 'AMD Radeon R9 200 Series'

I use IntelliJ myself. Have you included TFC as a library?

I have the TFC source as its own project and added TFC to the build path for TooMuchTime. Everything does seem to work for a few seconds, it builds just fine, but after forge tries loading it all it completely borks and gives me the error

I have no idea why it is doing that. Looking at the stack trace the issue is a line TFC BlockSetup that does Blocks.snow_layer = snow. So maybe it can't find the relevant vanilla reference. Sorry I'm not able to be a huge amount of help atm.

1 hour ago, Atrocious said:

I have the TFC source as its own project and added TFC to the build path for TooMuchTime. Everything does seem to work for a few seconds, it builds just fine, but after forge tries loading it all it completely borks and gives me the error

This is not an error with TooMuchTime, instead it is an error with the eclipse workspace setup. I had this same problem early on while trying to learn how to setup the work environment so I recognize the error, unfortunately I do not remember how I fixed it. Follow the instructions from Bletch from the post he made on the Addon Devlopment Guide and you should not have this error.

I followed that exact tutorial to get it set up, although I used jdk 7 v79 instead of 80. Also, when I first tried to run just TFC it asked for a mcp conf directory, which I used the forge 1558 methods.csv, which seemed to work fine. Are any of those the issue, perhaps?

EDIT: I figured out the issue, I had the build path set up wrong. Don't skim through tutorials, kids!

SECOND EDIT: My code works! Rarely do I ever code anything that works the first time around... One thing I did notice, however, it doesn't change the duration of anything like TimeScale does.
Anyways, here's some downloads:
Download
Source

Edited by Atrocious

This addon is perfect! But I noticed one problem and idk exactly if it's due to that addon or not but very probably ahah.

The seasons are going like... 2 days per season :o (I'm on server btw).
Great work otherwise <3.

This addon does nothing to the length of seasons. All it does is use the TFC method for determining season. 

Season length is determined by your days per year setting in TFC config. Shortest possible should be the default 96 days. Since there are 12 seasons (early, middle and late) that means 8 days per season. 

If if you are getting 2 days per season that is a TFC or some other mods bug. What is your year length set to?

They might mean 2 real-life days per season, which if the server is constantly running full speed would be a year length of 576.

I touched to no config at all ^^ And I think yeah it's another addon because it's still doing it without that one ahah, strange...

My seasons are like... sometime it says "Late Spring", then I check again and "Late Autumn". If anyone has a solution please x3...

If you are playing on a server, then it doesn't matter if you touched the configs or not. The configs on the server are what determines the year length, so whatever they have it set to is what it will be. Also, take a look at the actual date on the calendar, and not just the season. For example, if you live really close to the equator the seasons are going to swap between Spring/Autumn and Summer/Winter every time you cross Z=0.

Ohh I didn't know that, thank you a lot!

I petitioned Curse to add your mod to their 3rd party list but it was denied because of the following:

Hey there,

We are unable to approve your submission of TooMuchTime-TFC for inclusion on the Third Party List at this time because the license page you linked claims that their license is MIT because the original TooMuchTime is MIT, but this is incorrect; TooMuchTime uses the GPLv2 license per the https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/toomuchtime project page. That being the case, any derivatives must also use GPLv2 or they are in violation of the terms or the original project's license.

Take care,
Torhal